• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Help! Golbat won't evolve!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willoweed

I just restarted my LG, and my Golbat won't evolve. The evolution screen has popped up 3 times now, and it always just ends with a question mark. I thought that it was because I didn't have a gym badge, but I got it and it still won't evolve. Does anyone know why?

I just restarted my LG, and my Golbat won't evolve. The evolution screen has popped up 3 times now, and it always just ends with a question mark. I thought that it was because I didn't have a gym badge, but I got it and it still won't evolve. Does anyone know why?

Did you get the national dex?

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Crobat is a Johto Pokemon, so it isn't in the Kanto Region PokeDex. Because of this, your Golbat can't evolve, as it would evolve into a Pokemon that, according to your Kanto PokeDex, doesn't exist. So, like Santa Claus 11 said, you need to obtain the National Dex before you can evolve your Golbat to Crobat, breed Clefairy to make Cleffa, etc.

So unfortunately, you cannot get Crobat until you beat the Elite 4.

henri_chung

^not real name,noobs
beat the elite 4. Get the National dex then evolve Golbat.

Pokenicks

Come at me bro
This is probably because you didn't obtain the National Dex. Showing the question mark means that the picture isn't available to view unless a certain Pokedex is obtained (in this case, the National Dex). If you want to get the National Dex, you must defeat the Elite 4.

Dresden

Pokémon Master
Oh wow, damn, I hadn't thought of that either. I want my Crobat, too, though!!!!

thaBlob

< He no liek mudkipz
I had exactly the same problem. Although this did occur to me, in HG you can evolve Togekiss without the national dex cant you?
And if you traded a crobat from... Ruby it would work, so why not here?

DasBoot

Pretty much what everyone else has said.

Get the National Dex after obtaining 60 or more different Pokémon.
Reach the Golbat's max happiness level.
Then level it by one level or more.

shotdown911

Pokemon Dealer
I had exactly the same problem. Although this did occur to me, in HG you can evolve Togekiss without the national dex cant you?
And if you traded a crobat from... Ruby it would work, so why not here?

Yeah you can get Weaviles and other evos too that's weird.

Ravenous14

Elite Trainer
Yeah you can get Weaviles and other evos too that's weird.

don't forget, we're talking about 3rd gen here, not 4th

most Pokemon that are able to evolve in 4th gen that were Johto based Pokemon were added to the Johto Pokedex in HG/SS (such as Mamoswine, Yanmega, etc.) although, if you recieve the crown beasts on D/P they show up on the dex, regardless if you have the national dex or not, so I'm guessing it was a transitional thing from 3rd gen to 4th

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I think you have to also get 60 Pokemon in your obtained dex. After both requirements are done, you should be able to get Crobat.

SoopahScizor

The Master of Scizor
National Dex ASAP.

Status
Not open for further replies.