1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Help, I am new to the forums

Discussion in 'Older Gen RMT' started by Blue Ace, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Ace

Blue Ace Pokemon is Dead

So be gentle please!

Team At A Glance

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Tyranitar @ Leftovers
    Careful Nature (+S.Def – S.Atk)
    236 HP/ 56 Atk/ 216 S.Def
    Ability: Sand Stream
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Brick Break
    - Crunch

Leading solely because of lead Azelf and for negating Sashes, though they have been dwindling in usage up to now to Aerodactyl, who forces me out. But for now it's alright.

Other than that, this is a very beastly special wall, with stats of 400 HP and 479 in special defense, Timid Heatran's Earth Power can't even land a 4HKO on this. Double Screen Rotoms and Azelf have been growing quite popular now, and this provides a great switch in to them and stops their attempts cold with Brick Break

[​IMG]
    Gliscor @ Leftovers
    Impish Nature (+Def – S.Atk)
    116 HP/ 176 Def/ 216 Spd
    Ability: Sand Veil
    - Stealth Rock
    - Roost
    - Fire Fang
    - Earthquake

Sets up Stealth Rock, counters Lucario, Breloom and Heracross and to a lesser extent Scizor, Tyranitar, and Metagross. EVs outspeeds neutral Max speed Lucario. Sand Veil miss hax is fun.

[​IMG]
    Metagross @ Leftovers
    Adamant Nature (+Atk – S.Atk)
    204 HP / 80 Atk / 224 S.Def

Ability: Clear Body
    - Bullet Punch
    - Pursuit
    - Ice Punch
    - Explosion

Gengar counter, does a great job of that thanks to it's moveset making sure it's dealt with promptly, Pursuit if it wants to switch out or Bullet Punch if it decides to stay in. Ice Punch takes care of paralyzed Salamence for the revenge kill or those locked into Outrage or for hitting Gliscor or Zapdos switch ins. Goes Boom afterwards to deal with nuisances.

[​IMG]
    Magnezone @ Leftovers
    Timid Nature (+Spd – Atk)
    156 HP/ 132 S.Atk/ 220 Spd
    Ability: Magnet Pull
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - HP Fire
    - Thunderbolt

Traps the ever annoying Skarmory and Scizor switch ins and oprovides a good swithc in to Kingdra. The only entry hazard my team really is worried about is Spikes and with this I make sure that any Skarmory or Forretress who don't have Shed Shell fail to set more than 1 layer up. EVs allow it to outspeed all Adamant versions of Scizor and OHKO it with HP Fire.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
    Bold Nature (+Def – Atk)
    252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 Spd

Ability: Water Absorb
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - HP Electric
    - Surf

Counters Gyarados and Ape and provides Wish support. Originally Slowking

[​IMG]
    Hariyma @ Leftovers
    Impish Nature (+Def - S.Atk)
    76 HP/ 180 Atk/ 252 Def
    Ability: Thick Fat
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Whirlwind
    - Force Palm

Provides an answer to Ice Beam Tyranitar and Weavile, as well as a switch in to Blissey and Curselax. Can also switch in on MixApe and Electivire pretty well too. Force Palm for more paralysis support and Whirlwind for bulky stat uppers/ BPers.Originally Mismagius

As you can see there's a lot of room for improvement, so any feedback is greatly appreciated, even lulz worthy ones.

Changes in Bold

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  2. Rhys29

Rhys29 Encore

You? New? That's a hefty near 2,000 posts for a newbie.

Anyways, you lack speed first off. An HP-Ice Gengar runs up a hefty roll of 5 pokes right from the start (if it has FB and it happens to hax lol, or it's specs).

Your lead is bold. However, also to some extent pointless. Taunt Weavile with Brick Break? Taunt Azelf with Exlosion? Taunt is common and ruins this lead. Switch EQ to Stone Edge. As many will agree, EQ on a lead is almost pointless with all the Azefl/Gengar/Oranguntans/Fruit Bats/Breakfast Cereals/Aerodactyls out there leading. Also a Sash Aerodactyl could essentially beat you... depending on how it's played since it will be maxed in attack and speed, so Rest Talker isn't too reliable (might want to run damage and see if EQ 2HKO's). Bold lead that will work against other leads that aren't common. However, a little risky for my taste.

Switch King to Bro unless you are going for a TR sweep. Surf still catches Nape, if that's what you were talking about earlier.

Magnezone is only good against Skarm anymore and it can still get out. Scizor either OHKO's with Superpower or Shed Skin's out or U-Turns away, while Skarm can just Whirlwind you anticipating the switch. You point out you are faster than Adamant. You know some play Jolly with their Sword Dance sets, right? Keep that in mind.

Gliscor can work, since it is standard. Not sure if Weavile OHKO's with Ice Shard or not (or, better yet, Donphan). Might want to run some damage calcs and check back. Oh, and Luke carries Ice Punch. Watch that. Did you run your EV's to outrun a Jolly Luke? Might help.

One word: Steel resists all of your attacks. Zong will laugh as you get nothing but NVE shots against it and it lays Stealth Rock, puts you to sleep, goes Boom on you, or Screens. You also will be glad to know that Scarftran eats this so fast it's not funny. To help with this? Over Pursuit run Rock Polish/Agility, then over Ice Punch go Thunderpunch. Better coverage (I beleive...) and he becomes much more of a threat if you make him a speed demon on the switch.

Almost works, really. Gengar outruns you, making this set almost pointless. I beleive it can learn Shadow Sneak if you're interested... not positive. Also run more EV's into your measly 60 base Def so it walls better (since you're already getting the boost from the Calm Mind you don't need to really worry about Sp.A or Sp.D). Make sure you make a good switch in. And yes, this counters Bliss and just about every way possible.

3. xgina

xgina Banned

give maggy leftovers and kingdra won't be a problem.

though this is situational, watch out for cc/sd/ice punch/crunch lucario (i've never seen one of these though) and cbmence to a lesser extent.

wish vappy maybve, over slowking. just by looking over it this team doesnt look like it will survive long if magnezone/metagross dies.

4. Hes a certified rater...

I believe they call it sarcasm.

Focus Blast will not OHKO TTar and it is free to OHKO back with Crunch.

an interesting status absorber I must say, rare to see one as a lead.

Yet another team with a large Ground Ice weakness, a popular choice for physical coverage, one pokemon who use it regularly is somebody who is licking his lips at the sight of this. He would be called Gyarados if your wondering. Slowking is not a very good answer to Gyara. Im not even sure if HP Electric OHKO's, actually i dont think it does

5. xgina

xgina Banned

Slowking @ Leftovers
    Calm Nature (+S.Def – Atk)
    Ability: Own Tempo
    212 HP/ 116 Def/ 180 S.Def
    - Slack Off
    - Thunder Wave

6. run Calcs on a + 1 LO, EQ to that slowking.

Im on it.

a 2HKO,

but without LO and with Lum berry*overthinking*. Well those things are not commonplace anymore.

I suppose it does suffice, though with it gone. You will be in trouble

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  7. Blue Ace

Blue Ace Pokemon is Dead

I'll save you the trouble and tell you that DD LO Gyara can 2HKO Slowking, which is the main reason I want to use Slowbro instead, but then MixApe will 6-0 this team.

And as for Timid LO Gengar's Focus Blast, it can still OHKO that Tyranitar.

I'm strongly considering Slowbro, Scarf Magnezone and something more potent over Mismagius.

EDIT:

Metagross can handle any LO and Mix Gengars with ease, though yes Specs Gengar could prove bothersome, but Pursuit and Bullet Punch can deal with it.

Running Stone Edge defeats it's purpose, EQ hits things its going to be walling such as Magnezone, Heatran, Jolteon, Raikou etc. Simply put, Tyranitar is a tank not a full out sweeper, which Stone Edge works better with.

As I said, I may run Slowking as a lead instead since it deals with common Aero and Ape leads.

I had no intention on keeping it in against Aerodactyl. For now Tyranitar is just negating others sashes and beating Azelf leads which prior to this team were very common.

MixApe's NP Grass Knot beats Slowbro, where as Slowking can actually survive it. Same goes for Mence's Draco Meteor.

I switch to Gliscor for taking on Scizor to scout it's moveset, and then deal with it through prediction with Magnezone later on in the match, also serves as a revenge killer if Gliscor were to fall.

And statistic wise, majority of people use Adamant so I'm not worried about it at all, even then so, the easier it'll be for Gliscor to take it.

I wouldn't keep Gliscor in on them either....

And yes it does outspeed Lucario

Why would I keep Metagross against Bronzong?

It's not meant to be a sweeper it's supposed to switch in on Gengar and Skymin survive their attacks and deal with them, where as the standard Agility set will fail to do that.

Gengar will always outspeed Scarf-less Mismagius, and I would never switch in Mismagius on Gengar unless it were paralyzed by Slowking. Shadow Sneak defeats the set's purpose.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  8. Rhys29

Rhys29 Encore

Some Gyra's carry Crunch, btw, so it can break through Cress, Bro, and Dusk better. What? King is SE'd by it too? Oh. DD'd Gyra is always a threat. Luckily for you, a non-boosted Gyra 2HKO's your T-Tar, while a non-bulked Gyra is only able to be OHKO'd if you hax for luck (you will literally deal exactly 301 damage, a non-bulked Gyra's Hp if you get it at cap damage) since you will be taking the Intimidate at the start. Keep that in mind for your lead.

9. Well, Mismagius does a good job against Ape, i do see your concern though Gyarados is a lot more common then Infernape. You could run Starmie to counter both those pokemon :p you know, just a thought.

10. Blue Ace

Blue Ace Pokemon is Dead

Gyarados doesn't learn Crunch....

OK going to use Slowbro and testing Scarf Mesprit.

11. May I ask why you would not use Starmie?

I understand you do not need a spinner but it serves well as a Gyara, Infernape and Physical Mence counter.

Scarf Mesprit(physical) can also beat all the aforementioned threats though

12. Rhys29

Rhys29 Encore

:p ment bite.

Mesprit?! That's one of the most powerful cards in all of Duel Monsters!!

13. Pokemon and Duel Monsters, this kids living the dream

14. Rad3n

Rad3n Banned

Signal Beam huh?

I recommend Reflect there. It'll aid Mesprit a lot. Thunder Wave / Light Screen could be useful also but whatever.

STAB Thunderbolt = 142.5 Power.
    SE Signal Beam = 150 Power.

Go nuts.

15. I am a fan Rad3n,

Though it begs the question. Do you not also have murderous rage directed towards Celebi?

4x SE Single Beam = 300 Power

NE STAB Thunderbolt = 71.25 power

16. Rhys29

Rhys29 Encore

CELEBI!?!?!?! THAT'S ONE OF THE MOST POWERFUL CARDS IN ALL OF DUEL MONSTERS!!!!!!

But yes, Signal Beam (lol nice spelling) is for coverage, and that it should stay.

17. Rad3n

Rad3n Banned

Celebi is dealt with by the rest of the team, notably Metagross. Celebi lacking HP Fire really can't hurt Zone anyway. Celebi also fears the omnipresent HP Ice/Fire of Zone.

18. UltimoVenusaur

UltimoVenusaur DracoFist FTW

Minor suggestion, but a suggestion no less.

Run Brick Break over EQ on T-Tar. You get near perfect coverage (the only thing it won't hit that you'll remotely see is Heracross) and you get to break a few screens while you're at it.

Other than that, it looks solid.

19. ForteXXX

ForteXXX Call me…… Ilforte~!!

OMG HI DER BLEU AZE!!! I'M ILF0RTEZ NICE 2 MEAT U!!!!
    Don't forget to read the rules ;)

Wow, its been a little while since you last made a team! Looks pretty cool.

Looks IcebeamTar weak. How well does your TTar handle TTar? xD

For the Meta spread how bout':

206 Hp / 88 Atk / 216 Def Adamant Nature
    ^Not sure how well it handles Skymin now, but it gets MaxLefties and is only 3HKO'd by a +1 LO Max Attack Adamant Mence's Outrage 8D it OHKO's DDMence, and 2HKO's BulkyMence. However, if you want a more specially defensive set(which, not sure on Skymin but TTar looks like he can handle Gengar) then try:

206 Hp / 128 Atk / 176 SDef Careful Nature
    ^Okay, so with that a Choice Scarf Modest Max SAtk Skymin's Seed Flare only 4HKO's, and if it has LO then it fails 2HKO. Meta can then proceed to OHKO with Ice Punch. As before, MaxLeftoversRecovery. Your choice on the spread!

Looks like a really nice team! Can't really think of anything else .___.

20. magichands

magichands jack of trolls

I really don't understand how serebii is now bad at trolling now.

You guys used to be like the kings but now?

Makes me wish MistyLover was here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.