• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Help, I am new to the forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

magichands

jack of trolls
Come now magichands, no one really wants Mistylover back.

This is ********.

I come back and these forums are actually decent now. It should have been left a place where the best of trolls could train and people could get a good laugh.

If you want serious rates go to smogon, because contrary to this weird clan of serebii anti-smogon elitists I see now, smogons rates actually do help people albeit the tutors are kind of lame(well mine is) and people use decent spreads and original sets.

ForteXXX

Call me…… Ilforte~!!
@magichands: All the trolls got bannd =o well, most of them. We've got a new one, EmpoleonStarchwhatever, only makes me wish he was banned too. Blue Ace is a troll if that makes you feel better, xgina will agree with me, right xgina?

xgina: BUE ACE THE TROLL don't listen to him because BUE ACE THE TROLL!!

Rad3n

Banned
Damn, Magichands! You're alright. Kids these days troll and you know they're trolling in 3 seconds but you? You're a seasoned master. Don't worry about it though. This place is still full of trolls. We only have like one mod after all.

^I forgot that the subtle trolling of double space doesn't work on these forums... damn formatting rules.

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
I really don't understand how serebii is now bad at trolling now.

You guys used to be like the kings but now?

Makes me wish MistyLover was here.

ML has come and gone, and time will tell whether we will see him again.

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
What goes on here?

@ Forte: Making Metagross physical based means it can no longer switch in properly against Skyming and Gengar anymore, Mence is a problem and awawys will be, though with Slowbro's Thunder Wave and Stealth Rock recoil it's not lasting long.

And Timid LO Gengar's Shadow Ball still has a shot at a OHKO on Tyranitar. The 2nd spread does looks nice though, may use it as a spring board thanks.

Really need help on better spreads for Mesprit and Magnezone.

Not sure what you want Magnezone to do, so no spread can be suggested. It can't OHKO Scizor without LO/Specs and Stealth Rock damage (if LO) while Max Atk Adamant Scizor has a shot at a OHKO on Magnezone with Superpower (assuming 0 HP / (S)Def in both cases). Also, Max HP / Max Def Bold Blisseys can survive your Explosion (if any one runs that nowadays) without the Life Orb on Mag. Also, without the LO Explosion doesn't OHKO 148 / 252 Calm Blisseys and only has a shot at a OHKO on 0 / 252 Def Calm Blisseys.

Do you plan on bringing it in on weakened Scizors and Blisseys or something? HP [Fire] will obviously OHKO Scizor (up to 120 EVs invested in HP / 0 SDef assuming you use max SAtk with a nonboosting nature) in which case you can put Grass Knot on Mesprit for Swampert if you wanted although it won't draw Swampert like Mag (and you'll lose the chance of a 2HKO on tar).

As for Mesprit, it seems to do what you want it to do as efficiently as possible with its EV spread (have a shot at 2HKO'ing tar while outspeeding Weavile, countering Ape, and Vire to an extent). Is there something else you wanted it to do which would require a better EV spread?

Edit: lol. Coincidentally, I just started making a team with a Restalk tar in it as a special wall yesterday; except I was testing Cursetalk Crunch so not quite the same.

Edit 2: Just noticed your changes. Disregard/substitute words into most of my post.

Edit 3: So you know, 204 is a Max lefties point on Mesprit, but there aren't any lefties on it. I don't know if it's just a coincidence that 204 happened to be the right EVs or not because I don't have time to check. Bringing this to your attention just in case it wasn't there.

Edit 4: Just realized that I miscalced on Scizor (from the OP's edit). I accidentally used Def instead of SDef and so erred in my calculation of HP [Fire] vs Scizor. I must be tired.

Last edited:

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
I apologize for editing as you posted Salavoir XD

Not sure what you want Magnezone to do, so no spread can be suggested. It can't OHKO Scizor without LO/Specs and Stealth Rock damage (if LO) while Max Atk Adamant Scizor has a shot at a OHKO on Magnezone with Superpower (assuming 0 HP / (S)Def in both cases). Also, Max HP / Max Def Bold Blisseys can survive your Explosion (if any one runs that nowadays) without the Life Orb on Mag. Also, without the LO Explosion doesn't OHKO 148 / 252 Calm Blisseys and only has a shot at a OHKO on 0 / 252 Def Calm Blisseys.

Yea I figured much, just went with HP Fire and enough EVs to land a guaranteed OHKO on Skarmory the rest into bulk for better taking on Kingdra.

Edit 3: So you know, 204 is a Max lefties point on Mesprit, but there aren't any lefties on it. I don't know if it's just a coincidence that 204 happened to be the right EVs or not because I don't have time to check. Bringing this to your attention just in case it wasn't there.

Well just so they're their simply for taking Sandstorm better, as well as getting max leftovers if i manage to get it.

Thanks for your input Salavoir, made lots of edits to the 1st post.

ForteXXX

Call me…… Ilforte~!!
I made a ChoiceScarfSprit a while back, here's the EV's I used:

212 Hp / 68 Def / 67 SDef / 163 Spd Bold Nature
or
135 Hp / 212 SAtk / 163 Spd Modest Nature
They both outspeed and OHKO Skymin, not sure if they outspeed Mence but I know they OHKO him. Yah, they probably need tweaking, but I can't run calcs right now so =(

The 2nd spread does looks nice though, may use it as a spring board thanks.
You are welcome ^_^

xgina

Banned
This is ********.

I come back and these forums are actually decent now. It should have been left a place where the best of trolls could train and people could get a good laugh.

If you want serious rates go to smogon, because contrary to this weird clan of serebii anti-smogon elitists I see now, smogons rates actually do help people albeit the tutors are kind of lame(well mine is) and people use decent spreads and original sets.

if it makes you feel better mistylover/blue harvest still make alts every once in a while (ifightbearsandwin being one of the most recent ones) so stick around if youre interested

or rather don't, nobody here ever liked you anyway =)

ps skymin is uber so feel free to not take it into account

Rhys29

Encore
@magichands: All the trolls got bannd =o well, most of them. We've got a new one, EmpoleonStarchwhatever, only makes me wish he was banned too. Blue Ace is a troll if that makes you feel better, xgina will agree with me, right xgina?

xgina: BUE ACE THE TROLL don't listen to him because BUE ACE THE TROLL!!
he is such a freakin troll!!!! 'look, you should have a RSer because Toxic Spikes effects ONE of your pokemons! It doesn't matter if your whole team is entry hazard resistant, you need to waste a spot with an RSer.'
if it makes you feel better mistylover/blue harvest still make alts every once in a while (ifightbearsandwin being one of the most recent ones) so stick around if youre interested

or rather don't, nobody here ever liked you anyway =)

ps skymin is uber so feel free to not take it into account

did they just confirm skymin? someone told me he wasn't when i mentioned he was. cloudk i believe.

cloudk

hates you.
Did they just confirm skymin? someone told me he wasn't when i mentioned he was. cloudk i believe.

Yeah, was me. For now, it's still not an uber due to it not being banned on the ladder yet. There's going to be a suspect ladder soon supposingly.

Rhys29

Encore
Yeah, was me. For now, it's still not an uber due to it not being banned on the ladder yet. There's going to be a suspect ladder soon supposingly.

lol, not tryin to flame. jw. I had remembered sumthin somewhere that they were testing it. so yes, now this team doesn't have to worry about skymin.

_Calm|Mind_

Follow the Path
How many forms does Rotom have and what do they do?

Hey guys.
Rotom has five forms.

The Heat form can learn Overheat.
The Wash form can learn Hydro Pump.
The Cut form can learn Leaf Storm.
The Spin form can learn Air Slash.
The Frost form can learn Blizzard.

All the new Rotom forms have their own base stats that they share. They are the following:

HP: 50
Attack: 65
Defense: 107
Special Attack: 105
Special Defense: 107
Speed: 86

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
Hi Danbaru's!

Well at least my thread brought the best out of everyone at the forums, Tiz the season afterall!

If you're being serious though, seeing as no one else here has been so far, then I'll take your art request.

Also added Hariyama over Mesprit to fix the Weavile and IB TTar weaks since I had them and all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.