• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Help me choose a Razer keyboard please? And are their mouse pads worth it?

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
I can't decide between the Deathstalker Ultimate and the Black Widow Ultimate 2013.

Anybody with experience can give a good recommendation?

Also should I get a mouse pad from them and if so, which one is best for the Naga?

Thanks in advance.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Been over a month. I've been patient but now it dropped to page 2. Can somebody please help?

dragonskull

Dark trainer
For what purposes do you wan't to use these keyboards? :p As far as my experience goes with keyboards, a plain ps/2 keyboard is just as good in video games and any other kind of application you would need typing/input for. Razer isn't really known for the best of best quality either and they're so overpriced. Anyways, the only real addition may be macro's keys and it's software and backlight. There are also some differences in the kind of mechanics behind keyboard but I don't think that's the thing you're interested in :p

To conclude:

a 20€/$ keyboard performs just as good as a 150€/s keyboard, you only pay extra for some maco's and brand names :p

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
I'm a gamer, so gaming. They make gaming stuff, not generic so it's the best unless you can show me an alternative. Only have USB on my computer.

Which has better macros? Do I need the Death's special keys and screen?

Last edited:

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
It doesn't really matter if you're a gamer.

I have had really, really bad experiences with Razer products. To the point where their firmware actually caused blue screens of death for my computer. I had a keyboard where the buttons locked and kept inputting the same character for pages and pages (or caused me to lose total control while in game). And I had a mouse that kept turning off and stopped responding. Both were Razer. If you're a gamer, the only thing Razer products are good for is to add more difficulty and challenge to your games, and not the fun or engaging kind.

My recommendation? Get none of that. After I threw that Razer crap in the trash (I didn't even want it replaced considering how much damage it was doing to my computer), I went with Logitech, and I found their stuff to be much better and way more reliable.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
You told me about this man, and I've had nothing but good experiences with Razer, so it's them or nothing.

Will probably not get the Death unless somebody can explain why it's so awesome. All I see is situational stuff and stuff I can do on my phone. Well, except the SWTOR combat log but I don't play that enough anyway.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
You told me about this man, and I've had nothing but good experiences with Razer, so it's them or nothing.

Will probably not get the Death unless somebody can explain why it's so awesome. All I see is situational stuff and stuff I can do on my phone. Well, except the SWTOR combat log but I don't play that enough anyway.

It's your money, dude, I'm just saying I've had plenty of bad experiences with Razer products, and I know of plenty of other people online and in real life that have had pretty brutal issues with them too. In addition, their stuff is awfully overpriced just to have keyboard or mouse that glows blue or whatever but generally behaves the same way any other keyboard or mouse would.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Already decided I don't like Logitech. Still can't decide between Razer keyboards.

Pyroli

Banned
What made you decide logitech was no good? I use my computer for everything (Gaming, drawing, writing), and I find Logitech quite good and affordable. You're really only paying for fancy brands; a keyboard is a keyboard is a keyboard.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Yea Neo I still haven't decided. I just recently started getting advice in this thread.

A keyboard designed for gaming is not just a keyboard. They have macros, let you play in the dark without a light, and are very responsive (For FPS games which I don't care about but key response matters in this genre). My Logitech G5 mouse is great though. They make great mice.

I just haven't really been able to decide if I need the special keys on the Death.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Yea Neo I still haven't decided. I just recently started getting advice in this thread.

A keyboard designed for gaming is not just a keyboard. They have macros, let you play in the dark without a light, and are very responsive (For FPS games which I don't care about but key response matters in this genre). My Logitech G5 mouse is great though. They make great mice.

I just haven't really been able to decide if I need the special keys on the Death.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-920-002232-Gaming-Keyboard-G110/dp/B002RRLQIO

Here you go, Logitech gaming keyboard, with macros, light up keys (you can even change the colors), and it's responsive and does everything I need it to. I know because I use it myself and have trashed plenty of people online with it a la Team Fortress 2. And wow, would you look at that, at $55, it's LESS THAN HALF the cost of a Black Widow Ultimate ($128) and COSTS ONLY ONE FIFTH of what the DeathStalker Ultimate costs ($250).

Dude, this is truly a no brainer. Don't blow that much money on a keyboard. A showy keyboard won't make you a better player. Practice, guides, and player advice make you a better player.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
2013 one is 10 bucks cheaper so yours is only a 45 save, which I find odd the newer us cheaper. But anyway I've completely given up on the Death at this point, so thanks for that. But the review on the Logitech saying it's got weak USB means I can't get it. I hate nonfunctional parts, even though I have like 8 ports on my computer.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
2013 one is 10 bucks cheaper so yours is only a 45 save, which I find odd the newer us cheaper. But anyway I've completely given up on the Death at this point, so thanks for that. But the review on the Logitech saying it's got weak USB means I can't get it. I hate nonfunctional parts, even though I have like 8 ports on my computer.

I've never even used that USB port. I'll be honest, I didn't even know there was one on the back of the keyboard. But that's not to say it won't work for whatever you plug into it. But like you said, you've got like 8 other ports, you don't need it. For me, the keyboard works great without it.

So yeah, I really can't imagine why you're dead-set on getting a Razer besides the fact they look pretty. But if you really want to spend another $45 or so on aesthetics instead of using that money toward an actual game instead, it's your call. I just think waiting around for someone to cheer you on to make this purchase isn't time well-spent, especially since three people here have given you wise advice why NOT to get it. If you're going to keep coming up with excuses to buy this Razer instead of a keyboard that will perform just as well as those will, if not better for a cheaper price, then just do it already. I'm sure Razer will be more than happy to take your money from you.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Well there's enough other opinions here now. I'm also looking for somebody who does use Razer.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Well there's enough other opinions here now. I'm also looking for somebody who does use Razer.

I have used Razer, and I just told you they definitely aren't that great. That's also the reason why I stopped using Razer products.

If you're looking for someone who has used these specific keyboards, your chances of finding them here on Serebii are slim (And the two months of no responses pretty much prove that). You're better off searching a computer gamer forum or checking product reviews of the keyboards themselves.

bronislav84

I <3 Catgirls
Yes I was looking for people who have used them an have favorable thoughts.

If I knew where to look otherwise I would have dude. Razer doesn't have a forum.

Kitten Paws

I read reviews of the keyboards because my husband is a gamer and I know an awesome keyboard/mouse to make gaming easier would be an awesome gift. Not to mention that they keyboards look really pretty.

I read maybe 20 reviews, and half were bad and half were 4-5 stars. The ones that gave good reviews either said the keyboards were great for programmers, or basically said stuff I could find in the description * Back light so you can play in the dark, extra keys, etc*

The ones that gave bad reviews made me not want to get them because several of the same issues were mentioned by different people. The keyboards had duplicate keys *Someone said they were trying to type and there was an "s" where the "g" should be*. Several people couldn't press spacebar without hitting the left alt key. The keyboard looks weird when lit up because the keys that have 2 characters on them are reversed *Like ! is above 1 normally, but one of the keyboard had it reversed. Maybe not so bad, but I didn't like that* Also, read that customer service is horrible and you go through hell trying to get a refund if you buy online. And every single reviewer here said they had the product less than a month.

Sorry, I haven't bought and used the keyboards, but I feel I would be a fool if I did after reading those negative reviews. The only plus I see is that they are super pretty.