• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

help me rate this random wifi team.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
This team is currently what I use for random wifi matches, Soon i plan on going to full six battles though.

The mixed leader.
149.png

Dragonite@Focus Sash
Ability: Inner Focus
Nature: Mild(+SpA,-Def)
EVs: 52 Atk, 252 SpA, 200 Spe
-Extremespeed
-Fire Blast
-Draco Meteor
-Superpower

A standard mix lead Dragonite, and so far it's proven to be quite the effective kill joy as it actually fights Cloysters off thanks to the focus sash, and then takes them out with Extremespeed, Fire Blast and Superpower cover Steel types, and Draco Meteor dents just about everything else, the only problem with this guy is that being the leader he is basically going solo but that's not a bad thing when he kills and destroys.

The Bulky Ghost
593.png

Jellicent@Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Bold(+Def,-Atk)
Evs: Evs: 248 Hp, 216 Def, 44SpA
-Hidden Power Electric/Energy Ball.
-Toxic
-Scald
-Recover

I had been eyeing this thing for a while, and boy was I suprised at how well it preforms, it can take hits like mad and serve as a spinblocker for Stealth Rock as well as an Explosion gaurd. and Recover off the Damage easily while either getting lucky with burn using Scald, or just flat out poisoning the enemy with Toxic, then of course there is hidden power electric which allows it to go toe to toe with apposing water types, although I do know it can learn Energy ball as well but that's where the kicker comes into play so to speak^^; I don't know which one would be more useful^^;

Good Old Swords Dancer.
448.png

Lucario@Life Orb
Ability:Inner Focus
Nature: Adamant(+Atk,-SpA)
Evs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Hp
-Swords Dance
-Extremespeed
-Crunch
-Close Combat

This thing is pretty self explainitory but i've gotta do it anyway^^; comes in to scare something like Blissey off, uses Swords dance and sweeps with Close Combat, Extremespeed picks off weak defenders as well as weakened pokemon, and out of all of Lucario's moves Crunch covers the most ground I think personally which is why I choose it instead of Stone Edge or Ice Punch because those are more situational than Crunch is, of course after a close combat or too it needs to be withdrawn or someone else with a priority move can tear it down.

The back up smasher.
212.png

Scizor@ Expert Belt
Ability: Techinician
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
Evs: 252 Atk, 128 Hp, 128 Def
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Brick Break
-Bug Bite

Another fourth gen pokemon brought over, this guy still takes names with Lucario, especially after a swords dance boost, Bullet Punch and Bug Bite both fall under Technician's power up que as well making them more deadly and STAB covering while Brick Break is there to catch any steel type that comes in like Heatran or Excadrill.

Zuul! Bigora Zuul! (Intresting note, that's this guys nickname.)
Hydragedion@Choice Specs
635.png

Ability:Levitate
Nature:Timid (+Spe,-Atk)
Ev's 252 spe, 252 Spa, 4 hp
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Focus Blast/Surf
-Dark Pulse

If you thought this thing was evil before you should see it now, with the Choice Specs on and it's SpA maxed, anything that ain't Blissey better run for cover because it is a killer, Draco Meteor and Dark Pulse are both powered to extremely high levels, and also give good stab coverage, Fire Blast helps out dealing with steel pokemon as well as grass and bug types, the last slot however is abit hard for me, Focus Blast may be inaccurate but it covers threats like Tyranitar and Heatran better than Surf ever could.

I know Kung Fu!
620.png

Mineshao@Choice Scarf?
Ability:Regenerator.
Nature:Naive(+Spe,-SpD)
Evs:252 Spe, 252 SpA, 4 Hp
-Hidden Power Ice
-Hi-jump kick
-U-Turn
-Stone Edge.

Out of this new group this is probably the only pokemon i'm not totally sure of, I kinda wanted a ground or electrical pokemon for my last slot to help deal with water types but it'll do for now, thanks to HP ice it can help protect Lucario with Gliscor (2HKO'ing it.) U-Turn is for scouting, Hi-jump kick is reliable stab, and Stone Edge helps take down flying pokemon, the reason why I gave this guy the choice scarf is so it can outrun faster flyers like Aerodactyl, and suprisingly can outrun Cloyster after a shell smash and knock it's grinning face off with Hi-jump Kick or Stone Edge, of course this pokemon isn't exactly durable but with it's ability it can self heal abit when withdrawn.

How does this look?

Last edited:

Dasdardly

Rare Occurence
Disclaimer: This is actually my first critique, so feel free to ignore me. :)
*Ahem*
First off, what's up with Jellicent's ev's? I run something like: 252 HP/ 160 Def/ 96 S.Def. I feel that Scald and toxic are vying for too much status on one poke. I've also heard at least one person say that he needs Scald's burn- I agree. I'd take off Toxic and give it Ice Beam. Maybe even take off Scald and go with Will-o-wisp (if you're running E-ball; but, that does leave you with no STAB, and worse, no option for fire's. So, maybe not.
Now, for Mienshao. I really like him for Regenerator + Fake Out. So, I'd go with something like this:
Meinshao@Life Orb
Jolly
252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Def
Regenerator
-Fake Out
-Hi jump kick
-Stone Edge
-U-Turn
Now after looking back, I see that Luc's got your LO, so this can't be run on your team. :/
Well, that's all I've got. The other 4 are good and stable in my eyes. I Hope I at least gave you some Ideas.

SomeoneIGuess

?Hu Hsilaciryl
Multiscale>Inner Focus for Dragonite, and drop Superpower for Surf since Superpower + Multiscale = Illegal. Mostly this lets you hold a Lum Berry, so Whimsicott doesn't spore you. Kick Mienshao for... some rotom form i suppose.
Personally I'd prefer Choice Band Staraptor over that Hydrogen there since it hits harder with Brave Bird (I'm serious, the metagame doesn't resist flying nowadays), which benefits from reckless, has STAB, and becomes a 540 power move after all the boosts. He'll OHKO pretty much anything that isn't a physical wall, 2HKO any physical wall that's not running defense EVs, and, unfortunately, 3HKO any of them that run so much defense EVs that special attacks kill them. But this means you're left without a special attacker, so yeah...

Last edited:

jhndavid

Multiscale>Inner Focus for Dragonite, and drop Superpower for Surf since Superpower + Multiscale = Illegal. Mostly this lets you hold a Lum Berry, so Whimsicott doesn't spore you. Kick Mienshao for... some rotom form i suppose.
Personally I'd prefer Choice Band Staraptor over that Hydrogen there since it hits harder with Brave Bird (I'm serious, the metagame doesn't resist flying nowadays), which benefits from reckless, has STAB, and becomes a 540 power move after all the boosts. He'll OHKO pretty much anything that isn't a physical wall, 2HKO any physical wall that's not running defense EVs, and, unfortunately, 3HKO any of them that run so much defense EVs that special attacks kill them. But this means you're left without a special attacker, so yeah...

This whole mafia game started with an idea: what if the Prisoner's Dilemma were used in mafia? It could allow for some unorthodox alliances, "money management" issues, and most of all plenty of deal-brokering and backstabbing. Fairly early on, I decided to put one Prisoner's Dilemma character on each team, have the mafia factions play the Prisoner's Dilemma with each other, and have the village play the Prisoner's Dilemma with the wolf. I wanted the mafia factions to have a large incentive to work together, but also to be able to backstab each other and and sell each other out. The village would be large and hard to organize to promote the psychological elements of mafia. The wolf, who of course would be the Lord of the Flies, would be in an interesting position. While wolves usually align themselves with the mafia, the Lord of the Flies had a motive for killing the mafia, and would therefore be more strongly tied to the village. This served to balance out the united pair of mafia factions. He would still be able to backstab everyone in the game, however. Many roles played out as I expected and some didn't, making this game a fun game to host.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Disclaimer: This is actually my first critique, so feel free to ignore me. :)
*Ahem*
First off, what's up with Jellicent's ev's? I run something like: 252 HP/ 160 Def/ 96 S.Def. I feel that Scald and toxic are vying for too much status on one poke. I've also heard at least one person say that he needs Scald's burn- I agree. I'd take off Toxic and give it Ice Beam...

I actually forgot to edit that when i changed it on another board (i copied and pasted the team here, thanks for catching that.) The ev's it has now are it's true ev's.

Ice Beam does sound appealing, but can it knock dragons out in a single shot?

I guess running Multi-Scale on this set wouldn't be too bad, as either way it's doomed by Cloysters--, the only problem is if i run it this way then what do i do if i'm facing down an opposing Dragonite with the same ability?

Mineshao is the only one i'm still skeptical of, all of the others have beaten pokemon in battle online, that thing has not, then again Scizor's I would also gladly swap out.