• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Help Me to Remember [Hoennshipping]

*sweatdrop* I've been away for a loooong time. So I thought I'd do something for you! Here's a little Hoennshippy story for your enjoyment.

I rate each chapter individually, so I figured, right here, in the first post, I'll list (and link) the chapters, with their rating next to it. This way, my story is easy to navigate and you know EXACTLY what you're going to read. I'll even add little warning notices and such. Isn't that GRAND?

I'll try to keep the chapters below an R rating, I can't promise anything.

Warnings/Ratings:
CHAPTER ONE: rated G

PM List:
kroko50
*Light*

And with that... on to chapter one!

Chapter one: Remember when they met?

May Maple and Brendan Birch sat together beneath a tree, watching the sun set. Their hands were loosely entwined, resting between them on the ground. Their pokemon, in fits of mock-gagging, had sauntered away to the nearest berry tree, and were currently discussing the oblivious couple amongst themselves.

"Do you remember when they started to journey together?" Blaziken, a tall, overgrown chicken-like Pokemon asked the blue Swamp Pokemon standing on the other side of the tree.

"Yup," Swampert replied through a mouthful of berry. "I remember that they let us out of our balls and made us fight each other."

"Yeah... it was so romantic..." Blaziken sighed dreamily. "They looked at each other and that was that."

"What was that?" a small cat Pokemon asked, sitting next to Blaziken, carrying a berry in its mouth.

"We're talking about when May and Brendan started to travel together, Skitty," Swampert told her, rolling his eyes.

"I want to hear it!" Skitty cried, jumping up and down excitedly. Laughing, Blaziken settled down next to Skitty and took a breath.

"So here's how it went..."

------------
(Two years previous)

The moving van slowed to a stop, and shakily, May got out, holding a hand to her eyes to block the sun.

"Oh my God, May! We're here!" an excited voice yelled, and someone attacked her legs.

"Let go, Max," May said in a deadpan tone. "I am not afraid to hurt you." Max stuck out his tongue at her and ran inside.

"I claim this one!" May could hear him yell from upstairs. Rolling her eyes, May went inside, only to be greeted by her mother talking to a woman who May assumed was their neighbor.

"Oh, hello, May! It's so nice to see you again," Mrs. Birch, the wife of May's father's long-time friend Professor Birch said, smiling.

"It's nice to see you again, too, Mrs. Birch," May replied, though not fully truthful. In all honesty, she didn't remember Mrs. Birch at all. All she really knew was that she was married to the Professor and had a kid about her age.

"Why don't you go on next door and say hello to Brendan? No need to knock, he'll most likely be in his room, just go on in," Mrs. Birch suggested. Nodding dolefully, May walked out of the house and went next door. She went inside, and hearing noise from upstairs, she went up, pausing outside of a door with Brendan's name delicately carved into it. Hesitantly, she knocked.

The door swung open to reveal Brendan, though older than last time she saw him, looking about the same as ever. One minor change- he was shirtless.

"Mayflower!" he yelled, tackling the girl that stood in front of him.

"Hey there Brenny bear," May giggled, pressed between him and the wall. "Think you could move? This is a little awkward."

"No. I am in your bubble stealing your personal space," he mumbled against her hair. May giggled again, then lightly shoved Brendan away from her. "You're so pale, May! Is there no such thing as sunlight where you live?"

"Aw, but I was too depressed to leave my room, I was missing my Brenny bear!" May teased. "Where I live now, though, I'll be seeing plenty of sunshine."

"Where do you live now?" Brendan asked, cocking an eyebrow. Giggling, May pointed to the moving van sitting in front of the house next door. "No way."

"Yes way," May told him, nodding.

"Oh my God!" Brendan started dancing around, laughing. "That is so cool!"

"I know!" May replied, grabbing his hands to stop his dancing. "Hey, is Wally still around?"

"Actually, he moved in with his Aunt or something like that in Verdanturf. Cleaner air, or something," Brendan asked, his tone getting icy around the edges. Truth be told, Brendan never really could stand Wally. He thought that the green-haired boy was way too close to May, and he was jealous of the relationship the two had. Not that Brendan would ever admit that he was jealous.

May, on the other hand, couldn't understand Brendan's clear dislike of Wally. Sure, May loved Wally, like a brother, and sure, she was a lot closer to Wally than she was to Brendan, but she treated them both equally, and had an equal friendship with them. Her assumption was that Brendan was jealous, though she had no idea how correct she was.

"What are you thinking about?" Brendan asked, looking at his best friend.

"Are you jealous of Wally?" May blurted after a moment of silence.

"What? What would make you say that?" Brendan immediately got defensive.

"You don't like it when I talk about him," May pointed out. "You always make a face when I mention him, and your voice gets all harsh and you stiffen up."

"No, I'm not jealous, I just don't like him," Brendan returned, shrugging. "So, you finally moved here. How do you like it?"

"Don't change the subject."

"I'm not."

"Yes you are."

"No."

"Yeah."

"Yeah."

"It's not going to work."

May crossed her arms over her chest and glared at the boy, who wordlessly turned around, walked into his room, and grabbed a shirt. Then, pulling it over his head, he returned to May, who had a bored expression on her face.

"Where's your dad at?" May asked. Brendan shrugged. "Then let's go look for him."

"We're off to see the wizard! The wonderful wizard of Oz!" Brendan sang.

"Shut up, Brenny bear."

"Don't be such a party pooper, Mayflower."

"Brenny...."

"Shutting up now."

------------

May followed Brendan through the town, occasionally hitting him upside the head every time he made a weird remark about Squirtle shells and what they do inside of them. Finally, they reached the Route 101 exit, just in time to hear a scream.

"That'll be my dad," Brendan sighed. "I told him not to bother the Poochyena during mating season." Then he realized May wasn't standing beside him any more. "Dang it." He took off after the mess of brunette hair flying toward Professor Birch, who was cowering in front of a Poochyena, hands over his head. May didn't hesitate for a second before plucking a Pokeball from the bag the Professor had dropped. The ball flew into the air, bursting open to reveal a Torchic.

"Torchic!" the tiny Pokemon chirped, cocking its head at May.

"Torchic, use scratch on that Poochyena!" May called, eyes fierce. The Poochyena rounded on May, eyes on the Torchic. Its eyes widened as the Torchic ran at it, and instead of fighting back, Poochyena ran off. May returned the Torchic and held out the Pokeball to Professor Birch. "Here's your Pokemon back, Professor."

"May, thank you," the Professor stood, but pushed the ball back towards May. "But keep it. I was on my way back from speaking to your father about your lack of Pokemon, and you just presented me with the opportunity to fix that."

"Uh... Okay?" May asked, confused. Then she shrugged it off, smiling at Professor Birch. "Thank you, by the way."

"It is I who should be thanking you. Poochyena during mating season are very aggressive, I should have known better," Professor Birch answered. "Where are you off to?"

"We were looking for you, actually. Before we even moved here, my mom planned a dinner tonight, and she wanted to invite you, Brendan, and your wife over," May replied, smiling again.

"Count us in," Professor Birch agreed. "See you back at your house, May. Have a good day." The professor picked up his bag and headed back to town.

"We should go," Brendan said, grabbing May's elbow. "If your mom is cooking, I'm so there."

"You know something, Brenny?"

"What?"

"You haven't changed one bit."

--------------------------

I apologize for it being a little on the short side, I don't have a working version of Microsoft Word.

Comments are very much appreciated.

~KiTTEH. ;258;

Last edited:

kroko50

Drop it!
it's a good start to the story
Mayflower!" he yelled, tackling the girl that stood in front of him.
"Hey there Brenny bear,"

the pet names were a great touch
and brendans jealousy of wally

anyway could i be the 1st on your pm list, i like where this is going

it's a good start to the story

the pet names were a great touch
and brendans jealousy of wally

anyway could i be the 1st on your pm list, i like where this is going

Of COURSE you can be the first on my PM list! You totally rock my socks!

And I'm glad you liked iiiitttt! =)

~KiTTEH ;258;

Cool it's like Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald combined with Pokemon Advanced that's totally awesome
And the pet names were cute and not insulting :)

shadow_shipper

...indeed...
o_O

OMG YOU'RE ALIVE !!!

I missed you so, I though you guit the forums, or that something much worse happened :(
I missed the cracks, the Draco x Hermione fics, and your presence all around !
But you're back :D
And I'll do what I do best ;)

"Do you remember when they started to journey together?" Blaziken, a tall, overgrown chicken-like Pokemon asked the blue Swamp Pokemon standing on the other side of the tree.

"Yup," Swampert replied through a mouthful of berry. "I remember that they let us out of our balls and made us fight each other."

"Yeah... it was so romantic..." Blaziken sighed dreamily. "They looked at each other and that was that."

You could hae put italics or something to emphasise pokemon talking.

"What are you thinking about?" Brendan asked, looking at his best friend.

"Are you jealous of Wally?" May blurted after a moment of silence.

"What? What would make you say that?" Brendan immediately got defensive.

"You don't like it when I talk about him," May pointed out. "You always make a face when I mention him, and your voice gets all harsh and you stiffen up."

"No, I'm not jealous, I just don't like him," Brendan returned, shrugging. "So, you finally moved here. How do you like it?"

"Don't change the subject."

"I'm not."

"Yes you are."

"No."

"Yeah."

"Yeah."

"It's not going to work."

It's what we love :p

"We should go," Brendan said, grabbing May's elbow. "If your mom is cooking, I'm so there."

"You know something, Brenny?"

"What?"

"You haven't changed one bit."

The good life :D

Comments ? Keep writing, developping the plot, and let's see where you take us ! :)

o_O

OMG YOU'RE ALIVE !!!

I missed you so, I though you guit the forums, or that something much worse happened :(
I missed the cracks, the Draco x Hermione fics, and your presence all around !
But you're back :D
And I'll do what I do best ;)

You could hae put italics or something to emphasise pokemon talking.

It's what we love :p

The good life :D

Comments ? Keep writing, developping the plot, and let's see where you take us ! :)

I didn't quit, my computer died of AIDS. *shifteh eyes* ikilledit.itotallykilledit. UHHH... haha! ^.^

And as for the Pokemon talking italicized thing-a-ma-bobberrr, I thought about doing that but I didn't cuz i = teh stupid. Hehe.

I'm almost done writing the next chapter [after likeee, 5 months of being away... my computer was sick, and I've been uber busy] so I'll prolly edit this later with an update. Hehe. ^.^

~KiTTEH ;258;

Shadow-saur

Monkeyshipping, ftw!
Aww, this is really sweet. ^^ I like, I like.

Agreed, the pet names are a nice touch. I like the fact that they are childhood friends. That they talk to each other without constant arguing and fighting is also a big plus.

Yay for Wally! There's seriously not enough Wally-lovin' going on in the forums. I know this is Hoennshipping, and not whatever MayxWally is called, but just having him there makes me happy. ^^

8.5/10 for a nice first chapter.