• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Help me with my team please!

pokemistress

Real-life Gothorita
Ok I don't want to spend forever but my team that was ripping apart everyone just ran into the psychic gym, beat everyone no problem... then got molested by the twin leaders... I can't seem to find any good place to train, have beaten all the trainers i can find, my team seems to be just completely the wrong pokemon for the job. Can anyone suggest a team that i can compile from scratch to beat them.. (don't mind what i have to catch but i can't trade) (my starter is blaziken... not much help!)
thankyou.
xx

ps this is in emerald.

syvarris

Fuhrer
uh any water types i have ruby/sapphire so i know part of thir team i think the other two are rock to so yeah water most likey shrppeod and wilmer and maybe a ras typee(not gllom though do to poison>psy) just suggestions

Roeno

Firstly, kill claydol with surf or ice beam, then kill xatu with a thunderbolt. Then they'll send out lunatone and solrock, and you could use sharpedo with surf and another one with surf, that should kill them. they aren't that hard you know.
Or in other words, sharpedo is your answer..
But what is your team exactly, pokemistress?

Roeno

I used milotic and alakazam to beat them. Use role play to copy levitate and alakazam was safe, then use calm mind 6 times and watch every poke go down. Those were the days...

Roeno

Well, I always train against Gaby and Ty, those tv reporters. First they're in route 111 then route 118 and then in route 120. And if you use the exp share, you can gain a lot of experience, they're my favourite trainer spots after the elite four.

Roeno

Role play is a move that copies the ability of your opponent.
Kadabra, mr mime, stantler and hypno are the only ones who learn it.
But you don't have to copy my strategy you know ;) There are so many strategies, and that is what makes pokémon so unique.

Roeno

You can always give that move relearner in Fallarbor Town a heart scale, and voila, there is role play again!

19jake93

TehPaintLicker
why dont you just get the tm for skill swap it pretty much the same move

Roeno

Hey, that's no problem. When you go east from Mauville City, and you reach the beach, just talk to one of those rocks, and you get a free heart scale, or you could always search for luvdisc and use thief or covet or just catch them, because sometimes luvdisc have heart scales on them. And before you ask me where you can find luvdisc, i'll tell you beforehand ;)
Just fish in route 128 or in Evergrande City. You can find corsola there too, and they're rare.

@ 19jake93: that's an option of course, but it swaps abilities, it doesn't copy them. And when you swap a good ability to your foe, you are in big trouble. But that's opinion of course.

Last edited:

Roeno

Luvdisc is just good for having in the dex and for ripping off heart scales ;)
He s*cks actually. Oh yeah, if you are wondering what to use against wobuffet, use sableye, he's the ultimate woba-killah. mirror coat doesn't affect his dark type, and counter doesn't affect his ghost type, so wave goodbye to wobby.
And thx pokemistress ^^