• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Help my Gallade please

AdvanceX

Glacier Trainer
Right now its still a Ralts, but I'm having a helluva time trying to plan out its EV shares. Help please?

Ralts- Adamant; SturdyBody

(Planned Spread): Att- 248?
Def- 162?
Sp.Def- 100?

Wow.. I'm not sure at all! ._. I *don't* want to use any of the spreads from 'Pokemon of the Week' either. Thank you to all in advance.

Fenix

Tremulant
228 in HP, 252 attack and 30 speed is what I suggest.
You didn't mention what kinf of gallade is yours going to be: sweeper/double-statuser/mixed/...
Also, remember that "EV in HP > distributing EV in both defenses"

AdvanceX

Glacier Trainer
228 in HP, 252 attack and 30 speed is what I suggest.
You didn't mention what kinf of gallade is yours going to be: sweeper/double-statuser/mixed/...
Also, remember that "EV in HP > distributing EV in both defenses"

Ah, thank you for the quick reply. Honestly, I dont know if (by my moveset) if it fits into those categories... Mixed, I guess. But I want it to have some back-bone in its Def and Sp.Def to hold out longer.. but I understand the spread in HP you suggested.

(Planned Set):
1)*Will-O-Wisp*- knowing Gallades Def isn't that great it cripples Physical moves.
2)*PsychoCut*-Great STAB w/ critical chance
3)*NightSlash*-Good move to keep Ghosts away.
4)I'm thinking about BrickBreak but its still up in the air.

I havent chosen any items yet also.

Last edited:

Fenix

Tremulant
Since yours seems to be a somewhat half-defensive set, I'd suggest leftovers(or maybe expert belt) as item.
Life orb isn't so good on pokemon that plan to survive.
Same goes about close combat, -def and -sp.def cripples Gallade too bad, so I guess Brick break is 100% viable.

AdvanceX

Glacier Trainer
Since yours seems to be a somewhat half-defensive set, I'd suggest leftovers(or maybe expert belt) as item.
Life orb isn't so good on pokemon that plan to survive.
Same goes about close combat, -def and -sp.def cripples Gallade too bad, so I guess Brick break is 100% viable.

Sugoi~ Thanks alot for numbing my headache, you're awesome xD I'll experiment with your Spread suggestion, and also will finalize BrickBreak in the moveset. I kinda feel a bit.. uneasy ..though, because Gallade has the SturdyBody characteristic (Defense UP) but it won't be put to use.. but... oh well I guess. :/ Atleast I can edit the spreads w/ the berries.

Fenix

Tremulant
Sugoi~ Thanks alot for numbing my headache, you're awesome xD I'll experiment with your Spread suggestion, and also will finalize BrickBreak in the moveset. I kinda feel a bit.. uneasy ..though, because Gallade has the SturdyBody characteristic (Defense UP) but it won't be put to use.. but... oh well I guess. :/ Atleast I can edit the spreads w/ the berries.

You're welcome and good luck with your training.

One more thing, since this is a defensive pokemon, and for in-game purposes too, why not try Drain punch on him? 8D
I really like this move, and I think the lifesteal feature cancels out the 15 less base power than Brick break...
Still, your choice.

AdvanceX

Glacier Trainer
You're welcome and good luck with your training.

One more thing, since this is a defensive pokemon, and for in-game purposes too, why not try Drain punch on him? 8D
I really like this move, and I think the lifesteal feature cancels out the 15 less base power than Brick break...
Still, your choice.

Funny you mentioned that. That move was the reason why BrickBreak was floating on me. Sure, DrainPunch is 15 less in base, but its also *10* less in PP usage... choices..,choices....