• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Help My Team PLEASE!!!!!

fireblast_10

Pokemon trainer
I'm having trouble with the battle tower so I need dome help making my team. I already have these two pokemon which are mostly dome (though I need a good item for my garchomp):

Gengar-Rash-Focus Sash
(Hatched in Sinnoh)-Hp:6-SA:252-S:252
Sludge Bomb
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Destiny Bond

Garchomp-Naughty-???
(Hatched in Sinnoh)-Hp:6-A:252-S:252
Swords Dance
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Fire Fang

Need help deciding the third. I have these other trained battling pokemon:

Charizard
Swampert
Milotic
Salamence
Latios
Electivire
Leafeon
Metagross
Articuno
Registeel
Gyrados
Tyranitar

Or if these aren't good then please tell me what you think I should use for my battle tower team. Please include EVs, Nature, Items and Move sets.

~Toni~

Gengar-Modest-Focus Sash
(Hatched in Sinnoh)-Hp:6-SA:252-S:252
Hypnosis
psychic/thunderbolt
Dream Eater
Focus Blast/Shadow Ball/

Garchomp-Naughty-Zoom Lens
(Hatched in Sinnoh)-Hp:6-A:252-S:252
Swords Dance
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Brick Break

Metagross-Adamant-Metronome
Earthquake
Meteor Mash
Brick Break
Zen Headbut

Milotic-Modest-??
Ice Beam
Recover
Hydro Pump
Dragon Pulse

.:Faithless:.

.:~Silent Strength~:
Adamant/Jolly Garchomp, Modest/Timid Gengar.

Shining Charizard64

Bonsly is Pimp
This team needs a bulky pokemon rather than another sweeper. I suggest using:

Milotic@Leftovers
Bold
148 HP / 228 Def / 132 SpA
-Recover
-Surf
-Hypnosis
-Ice Beam

Hydro Pump is a joke ingame. Ice Beam >> Dragon Pulse to cover both Grass and Dragon, especially since you have a Garchomp handy.

Just an note to ask if the battle tower star can be obtained through double battle mode...

soory no damn shame though i love double battles it begs for more creativity

Umbreon_13

you need a dragon type like salemence

tyranitar works well with garchomp

but only ability wise i prefer milo out of those options

fireblast_10

Pokemon trainer
okay then, thanks. Oh yh umbreon person garchomp is a dragon type too... Any items I should use for garchomp though? I was thinking of expert belt, salac berry, enigma berry, or muscle band but I'm not sure. Any suggestions?

fireblast_10

Pokemon trainer
Oh yh another thing, I can't use tyranitar I just remembered or other wise focus sash won't work.

rockliplip

I want Shiny!!!!!!!!

fireblast_10

Pokemon trainer
okay, thanks a lot, but any ideas for items for my garchomp? I have enigma berry, liechi berry, salac berry, lansat berry, all the other normal berries and all the battle items.

Murra Myrrh

First 5th Gen Shiny!
I agree with a Tank for this team. For the sake of Double Battles, I advise maybe a Skarmory. Resistant to Garchomp's EQ, fantastic phys.Tank and not too bad of a fighter himself(there are obviously better). I personally prefure Umbreon as my tank though, or Tagakiss with Follow Me(Double Battle, remember?) and Ninetales is not a bad idea either, assuming it is trained to be a tank. A little word of advise for the Battle Tower: my friend and I tag battle all the time and I think we have a win streak of something like 7 rounds(it gets real tough about 3). We found it better to rotate teams. One round, you go in with let us just say Tauros, Salamence, Scyther and Umbreon. Next round we might go with Swellow, Togakiss, Jolteon and Starmie(These are just examples, we've never used this set before). We noticed that the next round, they bring guys the can counter the team you used before, so we started using teams that counter our counter! XD Sounded funny.

I hope I helped to some extent. Good luck in the Battle Tower Fireblast.

fireblast_10

Pokemon trainer
Okay right thanks. So it's gengar, garchomp and milotic one set I've decided, though item for garchomp still not yet decided. And the other set I will use Gallade, Skarmony and Regice. Need some more help with items though.

Haven't trained gallade, skarmony and regice yet though I'm thinking of training gallade in attack and speed,
Psycho Cut
Leaf Blade
Brick Break
Swords Dance

Skarmony
Ev trained in defense and hp
Drill Peck
Spikes
Whirlwind
Roost

Regice
Ev trained Sp defense and hp.
Ice Beam
Toxic
Rest
Sleep Talk

howdodo

will be the best
Gallade@Life Orb/Expert Belt
Adamant/Timid
-Swords Dance
-Psycho Cut
-Close Combat
-Night Slash

Skarmory@Leftovers
Impish
-Roost
-Spikes/Toxic Spikes
-Whirlwind/Roar
-Drill Peck/Brave Bird

Regice@?
Bold/Calm
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

The boltbeam combo on Regice will help you greatly, providing more type coverage along with a type of special sweeper. I'd suggest a different type of tank though, since you have a big weakness to fire. Maybe even replace Regice altogether for a true special sweeper.

The EV's could be changed a bit. Since Regice has tons of sp.d already, you might want to go for more def/hp. I think Skarmory is about right, and so is Gallade.

Also I can't think of a thing for Regice, so maybe something like a white herb...idk

Just a word of advice. Make sure you have a pokemon that can one hit KO kingler because otherwise the computer will just use guilltine 3 times in a row and kill your entire team. That Crap happened to me today and I just thought I'd give you a heads up.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
^
It depends on the Chomp. Since the Garchomp has Swords Dance, it is better to not using Choice Band. A CB chomp is something like this:

Garchomp @ Choice Band
Adamant/Jolly Nature
~Stone Edge
~Earthquake
~Fire Fang
~Dragon Claw

a bit of info, Rock-type move + Ground-type move hits anything in the game for at least neutral damage.

fireblast_10

Pokemon trainer
Hand of Pain, Gengar does that and resists guillotine. So I'm fine on that. Skarmony has Sturdy ability. I guess I can use choice band and take away swords dance... though I still think Swords Dance is more Effective. i could clone it to make to different garchomp's I guess one the one mentioned witha expert belt seeing it hits 9 out of 17 types super effectively and another I'll give a choice scarf, take away it's speed ev's and place into hp and remove swords dance for stone edge.