• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Help My Team Please!

oboy170

Lord Blade
Ok well on Saterday I'm haveing a big pokemon battle with my friends and whoever wins must be addressed as Pokemon Master for 3 days and I was wondering if you chould help me with my team. It is:

Infernape
-Flare Blitz
-Mach Punch
-Flame Wheel
-Grass Knot

Luxray
-Thunder
-Discarge
-Crunch
-Strenth

Shaymin (need major help)
-Energy Ball
-Synithsis
-Seed Flare
-Magical Leaf

Arceus
-Judgment
-Fire Blast
-Hyper Beam
-Blizard

Steelix
-Iron Tail
-Earthquake
-Rock Tomb
-Haedbut

Riolu(from Ranger)
-Force Palm
-Shadow Claw
-Aura Spere (I know I spelled wrong)
-Fire Punch
They are all level 100.

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
QuakEdge weak, and do your friends allow hacks 0_o? I'm assuming that your friends play casually, and not competitively.

Infernape@Life Orb
Hasty (+Spd, -Def)
Trait: Blaze

~Nasty Plot
~Flamethrower
~Grass Knot
~Close Combat

Luxray@Choice Scarf
Mild (+Sp. Atk, -Def)
Trait: Intimidate

~Thunderbolt
~HP Grass/Fire Fang
~Superpower/Fire Fang
~Ice Fang

Skymin@Leftovers/Yache Berry
Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
Trait: Serene Grace

~Substitute
~Seed Flare
~Air Slash
~Leech Seed/Earth Power

Steelix@Leftovers
Relaxed (+Def, -Speed)
Trait: Sturdy

~Gyro Ball
~Stealth Rock
~Toxic/Explosion
~Earthquake

Lucario@Choice Specs
Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
Trait: Steadfast

~Aura Sphere
~Shadow Ball
~Dragon Pulse/HP Ice
~Psychic/Vacuum Wave

As randomn00b pointed out, QuakeEdge weak. And why Riolu, not Lucario? Whatever. Next, please post Items+Natures. Because you have Arceus, I assume you have access to an AR, yes? Then unless you have Platinum, replace Shaymin for Celebi. Celebi can do everything Shaymin can do, and better. I assume that you play casually, not competitivly, by the look of your movesets.

Infernape:

Infernape@Life Orb
Naive
Flamethrower
Close Combat
Thunderpunch
Grass Knot

MixApe. Use this or the Nasty Plot Ape randomn00b suggested.

Luxray:

Luxray is overshadowed by Electivire in every way. But if you want to use him, I don't know a very good set, so go with the one randomn00b gave.

Shaymin:

As said, unless you have access to Platinum, this thing should be replaced by Celebi. But whatever:

Skymin@Choice Specs
Timid
Seed Flare
Air Slash
Earth Power
Hidden Power {Ice}

For Steelix and Luke, just use randomn00b's sets. I'll come back and suggest altrenate sets later, I have to get off right now.

theschmizz

Silver Trainer
yeah more type varieties never hurt anyone (except the opponent i guess)

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
Think about it, guys. Lucario becomes Fire-, Ground-, and even Fighting-type weak. Riolu just has Flying and Psychic to be worried of. Meh.

I personally think Skymin should definitely have Earth Power. As you know, I'm not good at EV training, so my Heatran lost to my opponents' Skymin. I think that Lucario should be physical or mixed, since we have a lot of special attackers already.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
Ability: Inner Focus
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge/Crunch

Lucario @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
Ability: Inner Focus
-Aura Sphere
-Shadow Ball/Crunch
-Dragon Pulse
-Earthquake

Based on personal preference, of course.

arceus03

You left me :( XD

dpmfa493.png

Arceus, Timid (+Speed, -Atk)
Item: Zap Plate
-Calm Mind
-Recover
-Ice Beam
-Judgment

Timid (+Speed, -Atk)
Item: Choice Specs
-Fire Blast/Judgment
-Earth Power
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
Judgment gets STAB, but Fire Blast makes Bronzong and Skarmory cry.

Jolly (+Speed, -SAtk)
Item: Life Orb
-Swords Dance
-Shadow Claw
-Brick Break
-Earthquake
For special purposes,

Timid (+Speed, -Atk)
Item: Fist Plate
-Judgment
-Shadow Ball
-Earth Power
-filler
Pity he doesn't get Nasty Plot..

I'm not sure which has superior coverage; Ghost + Fighting or QuakEdge. Someone care to clarify? I think it's Ghost + Fighting, though. Gets neutral hits everywhere, no?

Somehow, you can also abuse his high defenses and use him as a... wall. (Hope it's not derogatory XD )
Bold (+Def, -Atk)
Item: Leftovers
-Thunder Wave
-Stealth Rock
-Recover
-Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Earth Power/Judgment.

Last edited:

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
Ghost/Fight hits more types neutral (in fact, every type) than QuakEdge. On the other hand, QuakEdge might score more super effective hits.

Earthquake hits Fire, Poisen, Electric, Rock and Steel Super Effective. Stone Edge hits Flying, Fire, Ice and Bug Super Effective. So that means they hit a total of 8 Types Super Effective.

Ghost hits Ghost and Psychic Super Effective, and Fight hits Normal, Ice, Rock, Bug and Steel Super Effective. It hits a total of 7 Types Super Effective.

So QuakeEdge hits more types Super Effective. This is not taking into account Pokemon of Two Types, though. Or the how common the type they hit Super Effective is.

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
I think Rock and Ground are deadlier against dual-types. The only dual type that Fighting-type hits for x4 damage is Rock+Steel. I think. Is there Ice/Rock? Ice/Steel? Rock hits Bug/Flying, Fire/Flying, and Ice/Flying for x4 damage. Ground hits Rock/Steel, and is the only type that type-trumps Electric.

Anti-Cloner

Ice/Ground= Mamoswine. It's still 4x, but Poke-friend has a point. Substitute Riolu for
Marowak
- Earthquake/Bonemerang(for substitutes)
- Stone Edge
- Double-Edge
- Fire Punch / Focus Punch
Item Attached: Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
EVs and Nature:
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
Rock head is just for Double-Edge, and I presume you're not doing double battles
-Danny

Poke-friend

Wayward Traveler
Ground-types will get hit with neutral damage from Fighting-types. Rock-types are the ones weak to Fightin-type moves, not Ground.

Rad3n

Banned
Mamoswine resists Lightning 100% and Poison 50%. It takes 200% from Fire, Water, Grass, Fighting and Steel. A very weak defensive combination but not 4x Fighting weak.