• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Help needed with boring/terrible team!

woogfroo

Lucario @ Expert Belt
Nature: Adamant
Trait: Steadfast
Evs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 Hp
-Swords Dance
-Crunch
-Extremespeed
-Brick Break/Close Combat
Just another standard physical Lucario. Good typing, powerful moveset. I'm not sure whether to have Brick Break or Close Combat on her though because I don't like losing so much Def and Sp.Def.

Rotom-W@ Wise Glasses
Nature: Modest
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA/112SpD/144Spe
-Thunderbolt
-HP Fire
-Hydro Pump/Surf/Scald
-Will-o-wisp/Ice Beam
Rotom-W is pretty bulky with good typing, and covers both Electric and Water attacks. Plus it's a washing machine! But I'm not sure whether I should go for Will-o-wisp to go after physical sweepers or Ice Beam to improve coverage. This team needs more Ice moves. If I do take Ice Beam, then I'll also take Scald. If not, then probably Hydro Pump.

Espeon @ ???
Nature: Timid
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4SpD
-Calm Mind
-Shadow Ball
-HP Fighting/Ground
-Psychic/Psyshock
Simple yet effective. Magic Bounce is incredibly useful, not to mention Espeon has great special attack and speed. Too bad DW Espeon can't learn Wish. I don't know whether Psychic or Psyshock is better, or what kind of Hidden Power to have.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Nature: Careful
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 200 Hp/154 Def/154SpD
-Toxic
-Wish
-Protect
-Pursuit
This one is a great annoyer and defender. I have her use Toxic, then alternate between Wish and Protect to keep her health up. Once in a while, I throw in a Pursuit too. Maybe Umbreon should be replaced with a wall of some sort, or changed so that she is one.

Gengar @ ???
Nature: Timid
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 Hp/252 SpA/252 Spe
-Substitute
-Pain Split
-Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power Fire/Ice
Gengar covers fighting weaknesses and provides annoying support. He just sets up a substitute, then attacks with Shadow Ball or Hidden Power. Pain Split whenever its Hps get low. Not sure which HP would be better!

Dragonite @ Razor Claw/Leftovers
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 44 Hp/252 Atk/ 212 Spe
-Waterfall/Roost
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch
I'm not too attached to this thing. Maybe a more defensive Dragonite would be better, or a mixed Salamence? Anyways she's either getting Roost to keep Multiscale's benefit or Waterfall for more coverage if she stays.

Any help or advice would be appreciated with fixing this team! I have no experience with competitive battling, so hopefully this isn't too bad for a first try.