• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Help Needed with Post-Game E-4 Team...

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
I have one Nintendo DS system, so I can only use pokemon found in Unova.

I have beaten the elite 4 and Team Plasma. I am currently trying to find a good team with good movesets for the Elite four. I am not breeding right now as I want to make my pokemon strong enough so they won't die by the time I can actually find a ditto :p

Team:

Mienshao @ Lucky Egg (Quiet)
Inner focus (Yes I know regenerator is better...)

Aerial Ace
U-Turn
Drain Punch
Hi Jump Kick

Simisear @ N/A (Hardy)
Cut (I should have removed that by now...)
Acrobatics
Crunch
Fire Blast

Samurott @ Mystic Water (Hasty)
Dragon Tail
X-Scissor
Surf
Hydro Pump

Galvantula @ N/A (Haive)
Compoundeyes

Signal Beam
Sucker Punch
Energy Ball
Thunderbolt

Unfeazant
*Flyer, really underleveled, staller*

Vanilluxe @ NeverMeltIce (Rash)
Hail
Flash Cannon
Ice Beam
Blizzard

I am willing to replace pokemon on my team, but I would like a reason why and what E-4 member they would be good against...

Thanks!

phione345

Unorthodox Trainer
Even with fly Unfezant doesn't have the defenses to stall. Use Mandibuzz or even Braviary if you want to do that, although Braviary is better off using offensive move sets.

Theres no point to posting that Mienshao has a lucky egg on here in my opinion, and if your really keen on not using items on it, then Acrobatics would be a much better choice than aerial ace.

Use Thunder instead of Thunderbolt on Galvantula since it has Compondeyes.
Also boosting moves like swords dance or even work up might be good for this team.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Vanilluxe
-Ice Beam
-Flash Cannon
-Water Pulse
-Uproar / Explosion / Body Purge / Acid Armor / Anything else you can think of
Because Hail hurts the rest of your team.

Samurott
-Surf / Aqua Jet
-Grass Knot / Ice Beam / Swords Dance
-Return
-X-Scissor / Megahorn
If Aqua Jet, then use Swords Dance. If Surf, pick one of Grass Knot and Ice Beam.

Simisear
-Flamethrower
-Crunch
-Acrobatics
-Brick Break
In all honesty, I have no clue about Simisear, so I just made up a set :p

Mienshao
-Drain Punch
-Acrobatics
-Rock Slide
-U-turn / Return
Tbh, I prefer Drain Punch > HJK if you don't have Regenerator. You should have Regenerator, since Inner Focus sucks. So yeah.