1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Help, not sure if legit copy of Ultra Sun...

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by Lineair, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Lineair

Lineair Member

Hello! I recently purchases a Japanese copy of Ultra Sun (I have a Japanese 3DS) but I noticed when I opened it that there was no safety and warranty information slip included in the box once I unwrapped and opened it... It was just empty except for the cartridge. It makes me wonder if my copy is legit because all other unboxings I've seen of the game (both Japanese and English) have the slip included in the box but mine did not. I'm not sure how to check... I already emailed the place I got it from and told them basically what I said here but I was wondering if anyone here knew of a way to check if my game is legit or not? I'll also post pictures if it'll help (nvm this site won't let me)... I'm not sure if there's a way to contact Nintendo directly with my cartridge number or something. =S

Any help would be appreciated, thank you... I tried to upload pictures for like 30mins now and share my photobucket album when that didn't work but site still won't let me. I don't know what to do...

Majespectre likes this.
  2. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 Yum! Turkey and Mashed Potatoes! Staff Member Moderator

3. Lineair

Lineair Member

Those seem to be link for DS games though, this is a 3DS game. =S My cartridge says LNA-CTR-A2AJ-JPN and box says CTR-P-A2AJ(JPN) and under it also says TSA-CTR-A2AJ-JPN

I tried IMGR but it won't work either... the site says there's an error and it seems like my message is being considered spam.

Site says: "Your content can not be submitted. This is likely because your content is spam-like or contains inappropriate elements. Please change your content or try again later. If you still have problems, please contact an administrator."

4. WishIhadaManafi5

5. Lineair

Lineair Member

Yeah, it looks like that. But if it's real shouldn't it have the safety and warranty information slip? That's what I'm confused about since all the unboxings' I've seen have it...Mine was just empty. It also takes a while for the game to load when I select it but maybe that's normal... idk. My Pokemon Moon was pretty slow too but pretty sure that one is legit (English version, bought it in person).

Majespectre likes this.
  6. WishIhadaManafi5

Not all used games do. I've gotten my share that don't. Some do. It depends on whether the former owner kept them.

What version 3ds do you have? If you have an older one, it would take a little longer to load. I have a US old style 3ds and it takes a bit longer to load and shut down in both Sun and Moon.

7. Lineair

Lineair Member

It wasn't used though... it came wrapped. So if it's new it should have the slip, I think. I was surprised when I opened it and only saw the cartridge. I understand nowadays they don't put stuff like manuals but the warranty/safety slip should be there. Unless the ones in the unboxings were fake... x.x So confusing. My 3DS is a Japanese LL (XL), Silver and Black.

Majespectre likes this.
  8. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, new members aren't allowed to post links until they make ten or more posts.

And I'm not sure if this helps, but my unused copy of Sun version that I purchased online a few years ago didn't have the warranty/safety slip either, so maybe some versions just don't come with that information?

Majespectre and WishIhadaManafi5 like this.
  9. Lineair

Lineair Member

What site did you purchase from?

10. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

Amazon. This was back in 2017, though. To be honest if your game loads and plays fine, then I'm thinking it's probably legit.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    WishIhadaManafi5 likes this.
  11. Lineair

Lineair Member

Alright, thank you for your replies, I appreciate it.