• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Help on Team

galadrial

what do the double letters stand for? "UU" & "OU" those things
My favorite would be ur GSC UU team, because of raichu... otherwise, it'd be ur RBY UU team, beacause of Electrode & Poliwrath!

OU means over used and UU means under used. Oh yes and NU means never used just incase you see it too.

Electabuzz @ Magnet I dont recommend these types of items... I really dont know what to use though... maybe a salac berry?
Thunderbolt
Cross Chop
Ice Punch
Fire Punch/Thunder Wave/Psychic

I didn't like using them either, but I don't have enough leftovers/shell bells! lol
I don't have any of those kind of berries (salac/leichi,etc.)

galadrial

Shell bells are really easy to get. I hope that you know where to get them. And just incase you dont you get them in the cave above mossberg by getting 4 sea shells and 4 shoal salts (those might not be the actuall name of the items but they're fairly close) Oh yeah and the tides change in the caves every 6 hours.

mmhmmm yeap i know that, but I don't want to go searching around a cave for a shell bell, nor do I want to use my BP for them... I'm using them for move tutors and things like that

galadrial

it would only take maybe 20 mins to get a shell bell ( with 6 hours inbetween ofcourse.

... um well, yeah it would be, but what about in battles? shell bells don't seem to cure as well as leftovers. When DO shell bells cure a lot, meaning over 20HP

Tazzler

Shell Bells are good for pokemon like Starmie who have great attacking power, while the Leftovers goes to a more defense minded pokemon like Snorlax.

galadrial

if im not mistaken it recovers 1/8 of damage dealt so over 20 would be over 160 damage dealt to opposing pokemon though it could be more than 1/8...

so you have to get over 160 damage in order to get more than 20 HP? well... I'll give one to Crobat or Swampert (w/ Magneton they're my BF team for now)
yea ok thanks!
okay here are my teams:
Team 1:Snorlax, Aerodactyl, Houndoom, Mantine, Electabuzz, Victreebel
Team 2:Zangoose, Rapidash, Starmie, Golem, Gengar, Exeggutor/???
Exeggutor, I'm not so sure about... I mean Starmie, Gengar AND Exeggutor can ALL LEARN PSYCHIC, and all have a good SPATT...
Team 3: Exeggutor/Alakazam, Fearow, Quagsire, Poliwrath, Electrode, Muk
Team 4: Lapras, Steelix, Arcanine, Ludicolo, Machamp
Strongest Team: Blue TC in my sig that's not Team 4

galadrial

well executor does get a STAB with psychic. and Its good at stalling if im not mistaken so you might should still use it. Well im out for at least 36 hours see ya later.

o ok then
I think i mixed up the teams..
Team 1 : Snorlax, Electabuzz, Aero, Houndoom, Victreebel/Exeggutor
Team 2 : Zangoose, Muk, Poliwrath, Pikachu, Fearow
which set is better? the one in post #130, or post #131
and please help me choose which one to use... I'm nominating Team 1, because it has pokemon I've never used before, and it seems pretty strong too

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)

Snorlax, Steelix, Gengar, Starmie, Houndoom, Exeggutor/Ludicolo/Machamp

That makes for a good, well-rounded team with the ones you listed.

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
Use Machamp as your final pokemon in aragornbird's team, since you have three special sweepers, one physical wall, one special wall. Though you could do with a better physical sweeper IMO.

cool thanks!
my friend said that Victreebel's super strong, and if he had one, it'd be the first pokemon he'd train... so exeggutor or victreebel? (not changing aragornbird's team, just curious)

UnskilledBreed

cool thanks!
my friend said that Victreebel's super strong, and if he had one, it'd be the first pokemon he'd train... so exeggutor or victreebel? (not changing aragornbird's team, just curious)

If I recall, Exeggutor is a few tiers above Victreebel.

Therefore, it is somehow better!

...go with exeggutor >.<

oh ok then!
Gengar @ ___
__ Nature
Shadow Ball
Psychic
Hypnosis/Toxic
Nightmare/Dream Eater/Confuse Ray

I think that's the only pokemon that I don't have a good moveset for
thanks!

Tazzler

Victreebel is cooler so if you want to use it, go right ahead (and Exeggutor is cool, so that should say something).

lol
does roselia suck? it seems... sucky for some reason... maybe that's why they made an evolution! but wait... electabuzz doesn't suck... ok scratch that then
oh yeah just in case, which starter should I get? Typhlosion, Meganium, or Feraligatr? I know it's my decision and all, but which are better? I think I'll get Feraligatr, even tho it's SP.ATK sucks and all, but it can learn nice egg moves... but then again, i don't have many grass types... so Feraligatr or Meganium? I'll encourage my other friend to get a Typhlosion, so yea