• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Help on Team

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)

Yes, Roselia is too frail and slow to do much.

Get Typhlosion. It’s quite an awesome sweeper. Meganium is a good tank of sorts, and Feraligatr…eh…isn’t that great compared to other Water types. Wait until D/P where it gets Dragon Dance.

really? dragon DANCE? that's pretty nice!
Typhlosion? then what about charizard? oh wait, I'm getting all of the Kanto starters... i'l get typhlosion then, and we'll see what my friend gets.. if he gets any

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
Typhlosion doesn't have a good special movepool in Advance, and Charizard dies to any rock attack. If Feraligatr gets DD in D/P it's going to be pretty sweet: wait for it. Until then use Charizard.

Does it make sense to you? NO. Cause I'm not myself at the moment.

wait... so DON'T get typhlosion? so it's Meganium?
kk I'm gonna go, but PLEASE ur opinion on a moveset for Gengar please
thanks!

PatTar

yee.
Gar @ Lefties
Timid/Modest Nature
- t-Bolt
- Ice Punch
- Hypnosis
- Fire Punch

or

- T-Bolt
- Ice Punch
- Sub/Sludge Bomb
- Focus Punch

or

- Hypnosis
- Sludge Bomb/Shadow Ball
- Focus Punch
- Thunder/Bolt/Explosion

imo, this thread is too cluttered.

galadrial

I would reccomend meganium. The other ones are less than great except for the bellyzard.

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
Typhlosion's a pretty good special sweeper in UU, and Meganium's not really that bad: it's just her small movepool that makes her less usable.

Typhlosion@Petaya Berry
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Sub / Endure
- Sunny Day
- T-Punch / HP [Grass / Ice]

I believe that this is the standard moveset for Typhlosion, best used in the BF where you don't lose your berry. Flamethrower + STAB + Sunny Day + Petaya + Blaze adds up to nearly 300 in base power, so he's pretty deadly once he's finished setting up. T-Punch / HP [Grass] is for waters, and HP [Ice] is for Dragons. T-Punch works better ingame though, for obvious reasons. Flamethrower is suggested since you don't want to miss when you start sweeping.

Meganium goes like this.

Meganium@lefties
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Light Screen
- Counter
- Giga Drain / Razor Leaf / Synthesis

Meganium makes a pretty good staller actually. If I ever manage to get a Chikorita I'm going to be trying this set out.

Rudibaker

^^Pure Genius
Hm...

wait... so DON'T get typhlosion? so it's Meganium?
kk I'm gonna go, but PLEASE ur opinion on a moveset for Gengar please
thanks!

All of the 2nd Generation pokes are quite bad...you should use Charizard instead of Typhlosion

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
Petaya boosts the special attack of the holder by 50% if holder's health is at33% or below.

Tazzler

Petaya boosts the special attack of the holder by 50% if holder's health is at33% or below.

It boosts the Special Attack by 1.5%. Boosting by 50% would be cutting it in half, which would make the Petaya Berry suck. ;-) Also, like aragornbird said, its 25%. You must have been thinking of Blaze/Torrent/Overgrow. ;-)

Tazzler

Your health has to drop to or below 33% for it to activate.

Feraligatr is really awesome; any UUer knows that.

Edit: 3k. Woot.

Pika Egg

Veteran newbie ^_^
o no wonder!
ok then, I guess I'll get Meganium or Typhlosion then... I already have all the kanto starters, and I've never once owned a Chiko, so I'll get him then

Crypted Wolf

Typhlosion imo.

Special set.