• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

HELP: Trying to make a team to fight Volo

Pokefan_1987

I hate the Rotom-Dex.
My Chatot was the perfect support pokemon. Since it knows Play Rough & Snarl, it's the perfect pokemon to cripple Giratina (and Spiritomb), and I was then able to knock it out with my Hisuian Zoroark
Yes using Chatot using it's normal typing to bait Giratina into not hurting Chatot since Ghosts don't affect Normal types. For some reason in the pokedex, Giratina is is 90 in speed in both forms while Chatot is 91 base speed.
A legendary being outsped by a pokemon people can keep as a pet parrot.

MetaMantis

Resident Scizorologist
Everyone else feel free to share strategies specifically to how you defeated him?
I just used my playthrough team of level 70's. Worked for me after a few tries.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I just used my playthrough team of level 70's. Worked for me after a few tries.
That’s the same with me. I lost to Giratina the first time I fought Volo, but after I went through a training arc & grinding my pokémon to lv. 70 I did just fine

Last edited:

MetaMantis

Resident Scizorologist
That’s the same with me. I lost to Giratina the first time I fought Volo, but after I went through a training arc & grinder my pokémon to lv. 70 I did just fine
My team was around level 65, but I lost to Giratina, then I tried again and lost to the 2nd phase of Giratina. I then went around Hisui levelling up my team and then went to challenge him a 3rd time and won the battle...

Then after that I gathered what was left of the pokédex lol.

Red and Blue

It helps to have a few tanky Pokemon that can eat hits while you Max Revive team members when you get the opportunity.

Pokefan_1987

I hate the Rotom-Dex.
It helps to have a few tanky Pokemon that can eat hits while you Max Revive team members when you get the opportunity.

Only two problems. Max Revives are expensive and tracking enough on hour own gakes a long time