• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Help Us, Big Bro Yamper! (1196)

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I don’t feel the need to give as long of a review as usual. It was a cute episode but man they really have Ash’s Pokémon allergic to anything that’s not battling. Hard to care for the team when they don’t show up as much as they should. Suicune act like a knight towards Yamper was cute and in general was my favorite part of the episode. So glad Yamper didn’t evolve but when are they going to debut the foresaken evolution? 8/10
Ignition is the duality, I'm the man.

We have plenty of time to get everything done and still have breathing room, as you said. Even accounting for breaks, things should be fine. And unless Ash is taking down every member of the M8, the climax will most likely be much less rushed than most of the Leagues.

Plus, they can tackle multiple plots in an episode. Greninja's return also doubles as prep for the Raihan match. Serena's return tied into Eevee meeting Sylveon and Chloe trying out another option for her future.
Who’s to say that maybe I’m the man and you’re the duality o_O

Risrhayne

Yamper being a better trainer than Goh, the episode.

They got to rub cheeks with Suicune and all Goh, his trainer, got was a god dang stare, if you can even call it that.

And I swear, we see the same 6-7 Gohmons every time we have a Sakuragi filler; Pinsir, Heracross, Trapinch, Vibrava, the two Nidoran and Golurk. I’m shocked Dewgong wasn’t here.

I got a good chuckle out of Ash telling Goh his feelings will reach as if we didn’t see that little poop monkey that he’s been traveling with immediately run to the pokemon that he doesn’t own and hasn’t been seen in ages to help find their stick.

This episode was great for Yamper. Really gave me an idea of what the pup’s been up to since getting usurped by Eevee.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
"Suicune come clean Row 4, Suicune come clean Row 4"

That's dissapointing why Suicune out of 82 Legendary Pokemon why the one that I liked the most? I guess Mewtwo and Eon bros are on the top of my list now....

I don't like this kind of episodes where Pokemon behave like idiots and maybe if you don't know how to keep your Pokemon don't caught this much?

Bah, In less than 7 months this nonsense will end.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
It's also ironic that neither Cinderace nor Inteleon appeared. Oops.
The latter did make a cameo at the beginning of the episode. It was eating alongside Altaria and Camerupt

It IS really strange that Cinderace was nowhere to be found tho

Last edited:

Gingertail24

Jokes/sarcasm aside, organic interactions? Hard to care about them if they're never portrayed as beings and only exist to be battle bots. Because when you think about it, they have a lot of unique personalities that would have made for some interesting scenarios/shenanigans.

It's also ironic that neither Cinderace nor Inteleon appeared. Oops.
Has Inteleon even interacted with grookey?

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Actually not an essay time:
This was more or less, a cute, fun episode. I don't think Grimer meant for any of the issues to happen with its kindness towards Froakie in terms of accomodation, but I appreciated the effort put into installing a new home by the residents of Sakuragi Park and the MVP of the episode, Yamper. There's so much respect for the lil' pupper, even from Suicune, who came for a flying visit and I like how even though it purified the water (as it does), it took nothing away from Yamper who identified the problems and helped solve them.
On another note, I feel bad for Raihan, being usurped in position in the Masters 8 by Flint, who in theory he should have the better matchup against.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Has Inteleon even interacted with grookey?
Now why would Inteleon want to torture himself by dealing with Grookey? :p

Joking lol

But it is odd that want to avoid Goh's Starters interacting as much as possible

Inteleon has sort of an excuse of being shy (at least according to Goh)

But why don't Cinderace and Grookey interact more often?

Gingertail24

Now why would Inteleon want to torture himself by dealing with Grookey? :p

Joking lol

But it is odd that want to avoid Goh's Starters interacting as much as possible

Inteleon has sort of an excuse of being shy (at least according to Goh)

But why don't Cinderace and Grookey interact more often?
Yeah, he these three are the pokemon we mainly see from him. But when they started to evolve they started to interact less

Starswirl Pikachu

Its pretty hard to not notice how this episode almost completely screams filler. There is some partial redemption in showing off some pokemon that have not been seen in a while though. Technically Yamper gets some development but the events are so low profile that the episode falls short of nearly every other recent episode that I can think of. Even if the day ever came when Team Rocket runs out of ideas, in my opinion any minimal pokemon threat from them is still better than no noteworthy/ external conflict at all.

Good to see a Vibrava and some colorful flowers but the rest of the episode felt very ho hum.

Last edited: