• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Help with a new team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kairyudraco

Teamrocketsmeowth
Hello. I got everything planned out now except for the nature and item for each pokemon, so hopefully someone can help with that.

Pokemon: Golem
Ability: sturdy
Nature: serious
Evs: attack, speed
Ivs: attack
Moves: rock polish, earthquake, stone edge, superpower
Item: weakness policy

Pokemon: Raichu
Ability: Lightning rod
Nature:
Evs: special attack, speed
Ivs:
Moves: thunderbolt, grass knot, focus blast, volt switch
Item:

Pokemon: Talonflame
Ability: gale wings
Nature:
Evs:
Ivs:
Moves: brave bird, u-turn, roost, overheat
Item:

Pokemon: Blissey
Ability: natural cure
Evs: hp, special def
Ivs:
Moves: heal bell, Seismic toss, toxic, soft boiled
Item:

Pokemon: Nidoking
Ability:
Nature: modest
Evs: special attack, speed
Ivs:
Moves: sludge wave, earth power, ice beam, stealth rock
Item: life orb

Pokemon: Azumarill
Ability:
Nature:
Evs:
Ivs:
Moves: belly drum, aqua Jet, play rough, waterfall
Item: sitrus berry

Last edited:

SATB

Is this a competitive team or a story team? I don't think you are following the RMT rules too. I think I can help you once you clear things up.

Kairyudraco

Teamrocketsmeowth
Is this a competitive team or a story team? I don't think you are following the RMT rules too. I think I can help you once you clear things up.

Huh? It's my competitive team of course. What are you talking about? I've been done with the story forever ago.

SATB

Huh? It's my competitive team of course. What are you talking about? I've been done with the story forever ago.

Ok so here are some things that can improve your team. I won't be doing any pokemon swapping, I'll just try to help you maximize their potential. Lets go one by one shall we?

Golem should not be using flamethrower and focus blast. These moves are called special attacks. If you look at Golem's Special attack stat, it is ridiculously low. But if you look at his Attack stat, it can be as high as Arceus! Also don't use steamrollor. It makes sense visually but not competitively as it is so weak and you are too slow to abuse the flinch chance. Speaking of slow, how about teaching your golem Rock Polish instead of Steamroller? This will make most of his speed problems disappear. While you are at it, a great item to make it hold would be Weakness Policy (WP). The perfect scenario would be your opponent hits you with a supereffective move and you survive thanks to sturdy (or your good defense stat). This will trigger WP, and now the damage of all of your attacks is doubled. At the same time, you use rock polish to double your speed! Double damage and double speed is pretty epic, and that will allow golem to take out entire teams if they are not prepared for it. So a Rock Polish + Earthquake + Stone Edge/Rock Slide + Random Physical Move is an ideal moveset. The last move could vary. There is fire punch, thunder punch, iron head, and superpower.

Raichu should not be using dig. Your opponent will lol all over you when they KO it with earthquake. Brick break also won't be serving you well, try use it at a cradily or snorlax and see how "super effective" it is. Again this is because of your attack and special attack stat. Raichu has much better special attack, and so you should use special moves. Thunderbolt is good, and grass knot is very clever. The last two moves could be focusblast (a stronger but less accurate version of brick break), Volt Switch (so you can switch on a dime), Nuzzle or thunderwave (for the troll paralysis), or finally encore. Encore deserves a special mention because if you use Raichu's BEST ability: Lightning Rod, you can switch into an electric move for free, and use encore to trap them into an electric move. They will basically be forced to switch. Encore is also good against defensove pokemon or set-up sweepers.

Your Talonflame is pretty decent. I like to run overheat too so that I can deal some good fire damage without annoying recoil. Just don't use acrobatics when you already have brave bird. You can replace it with useful stuff such as roost, will-o-wisp, taunt or even tailwind.

That cofagrigus looks like it won't be doing anything. Did you know that STAB means Same Type Attack Boost? That means if you use an attack that is the same type as the pokemon, it gets 50% stronger!! Your cofagrigus currently has 0 stab moves. Try replace Psychic for shadow ball. Cofagrigus is also too slow to use the other 3 moves properly. Try look at Serebii's pokemon of the week cofagrigus in 5th gen. I know its outdated, but it will give you a good idea of what this coffin can do.

Blissey needs natural cure as its ability. Softboiled + 3 noSTAB attacks means that blissey will be dealing pitiful damage while healing up whatever the opponent dishes out. If its a special attacker, this blissey will probably win. If the opponent can heal, this blissey will lose. If the opponent has a physical attack, this blissey will lose. If the opponent can boost up their stats, this blissey will lose. Try a support blissey with Softboiled + Heal Bell + Toxic + Seismic Toss. Heal bell cures your team of status such as poison, sleep, burn, or paralysis. Toxic is blissey's best form of damage. Seismic toss, will always deal the damage equivalent to blissey's level. So if its lv.100 it will deal 100 damage, which is usually higher than blissey's special moves. You can switch up some moves for other cool support like stealth rock, thunder wave, or (my favorite) Counter.

Your team has nothing resistant to water, dragon, and dark. Might want to watch out for that.

You never said anything about Natures. Are you good on that?

Sorry this was long, and thanks for hearing me out.

Last edited:

Kairyudraco

Teamrocketsmeowth
Ok so here are some things that can improve your team. I won't be doing any pokemon swapping, I'll just try to help you maximize their potential. Lets go one by one shall we?

Golem should not be using flamethrower and focus blast. These moves are called special attacks. If you look at Golem's Special attack stat, it is ridiculously low. But if you look at his Attack stat, it can be as high as Arceus! Also don't use steamrollor. It makes sense visually but not competitively as it is so weak and you are too slow to abuse the flinch chance. Speaking of slow, how about teaching your golem Rock Polish instead of Steamroller? This will make most of his speed problems disappear. While you are at it, a great item to make it hold would be Weakness Policy (WP). The perfect scenario would be your opponent hits you with a supereffective move and you survive thanks to sturdy (or your good defense stat). This will trigger WP, and now the damage of all of your attacks is doubled. At the same time, you use rock polish to double your speed! Double damage and double speed is pretty epic, and that will allow golem to take out entire teams if they are not prepared for it. So a Rock Polish + Earthquake + Stone Edge/Rock Slide + Random Physical Move is an ideal moveset. The last move could vary. There is fire punch, thunder punch, iron head, and superpower.

Raichu should not be using dig. Your opponent will lol all over you when they KO it with earthquake. Brick break also won't be serving you well, try use it at a cradily or snorlax and see how "super effective" it is. Again this is because of your attack and special attack stat. Raichu has much better special attack, and so you should use special moves. Thunderbolt is good, and grass knot is very clever. The last two moves could be focusblast (a stronger but less accurate version of brick break), Volt Switch (so you can switch on a dime), Nuzzle or thunderwave (for the troll paralysis), or finally encore. Encore deserves a special mention because if you use Raichu's BEST ability: Lightning Rod, you can switch into an electric move for free, and use encore to trap them into an electric move. They will basically be forced to switch. Encore is also good against defensove pokemon or set-up sweepers.

Your Talonflame is pretty decent. I like to run overheat too so that I can deal some good fire damage without annoying recoil. Just don't use acrobatics when you already have brave bird. You can replace it with useful stuff such as roost, will-o-wisp, taunt or even tailwind.

That cofagrigus looks like it won't be doing anything. Did you know that STAB means Same Type Attack Boost? That means if you use an attack that is the same type as the pokemon, it gets 50% stronger!! Your cofagrigus currently has 0 stab moves. Try replace Psychic for shadow ball. Cofagrigus is also too slow to use the other 3 moves properly. Try look at Serebii's pokemon of the week cofagrigus in 5th gen. I know its outdated, but it will give you a good idea of what this coffin can do.

Blissey needs natural cure as its ability. Softboiled + 3 noSTAB attacks means that blissey will be dealing pitiful damage while healing up whatever the opponent dishes out. If its a special attacker, this blissey will probably win. If the opponent can heal, this blissey will lose. If the opponent has a physical attack, this blissey will lose. If the opponent can boost up their stats, this blissey will lose. Try a support blissey with Softboiled + Heal Bell + Toxic + Seismic Toss. Heal bell cures your team of status such as poison, sleep, burn, or paralysis. Toxic is blissey's best form of damage. Seismic toss, will always deal the damage equivalent to blissey's level. So if its lv.100 it will deal 100 damage, which is usually higher than blissey's special moves. You can switch up some moves for other cool support like stealth rock, thunder wave, or (my favorite) Counter.

Your team has nothing resistant to water, dragon, and dark. Might want to watch out for that.

You never said anything about Natures. Are you good on that?

Sorry this was long, and thanks for hearing me out.

Wow thank you, you're very helpful ^^ if cofagrigus isnt that good, what would you suggest I replace it with? I need a pokemon that can make the no resistance go away. And I totally forgot about natures, holy crap.. I'll add that up there. Thanks so much for helping me out ^^

SATB

Wow thank you, you're very helpful ^^ if cofagrigus isnt that good, what would you suggest I replace it with? I need a pokemon that can make the no resistance go away. And I totally forgot about natures, holy crap.. I'll add that up there. Thanks so much for helping me out ^^

Thanks for the compliment! If you want one pokemon to make the water, dark, and dragon resistances altogether, you could try a fairy type since they resist 2 of those. Azumarill and Mega Altaria comes to mind as a fairy who resists water. Maybe you should try Mega Altaria since it is incredibly versatile, its pretty hard to go wrong with it. Azumarill does have its good sides such as it already has the correct typing without mega evolving (cause it can't), and azumarill acts as an electric type lure for Raichu's Lightning Rod ability.

Whichever one you pick, I think Nidoking will be a good partner for resisting poison types while threatening other fairies. Try to get one with the sheer force ability.

One thing I forgot to mention: Your team has no resistance to ice, so picking azumarill could solve that but idk

To elaborate on your golem, an adamant nature or jolly nature is preferred. Adamant if you want to be as strong as arceus, or jolly if you want to be faster than a handful more pokemon. If you pick Adamant and invest your EVs into max speed, then you can outspeed up to the FASTEST GRENINJA after a rock polish boost! If you pick jolly and give golem about 228 speed EVs, then once it rock polishes, it can outspeed things like weavile, darkrai, Mega Gengar, Jolteon, and even Mega Manetric (All of these usually try to run MAX SPEED, but you will OUTSPEED them!). So power or speed? Your pick.

Last edited:

Kairyudraco

Teamrocketsmeowth
Thanks for the compliment! If you want one pokemon to make the water, dark, and dragon resistances altogether, you could try a fairy type since they resist 2 of those. Azumarill and Mega Altaria comes to mind as a fairy who resists water. Maybe you should try Mega Altaria since it is incredibly versatile, its pretty hard to go wrong with it. Azumarill does have its good sides such as it already has the correct typing without mega evolving (cause it can't), and azumarill acts as an electric type lure for Raichu's Lightning Rod ability.

Whichever one you pick, I think Nidoking will be a good partner for resisting poison types while threatening other fairies. Try to get one with the sheer force ability.

One thing I forgot to mention: Your team has no resistance to ice, so picking azumarill could solve that but idk

To elaborate on your golem, an adamant nature or jolly nature is preferred. Adamant if you want to be as strong as arceus, or jolly if you want to be faster than a handful more pokemon. If you pick Adamant and invest your EVs into max speed, then you can outspeed up to the FASTEST GRENINJA after a rock polish boost! If you pick jolly and give golem about 228 speed EVs, then once it rock polishes, it can outspeed things like weavile, darkrai, Mega Gengar, Jolteon, and even Mega Manetric (All of these usually try to run MAX SPEED, but you will OUTSPEED them!). So power or speed? Your pick.

I decided to go with Azumarill and nidoking then. Any miiveset ideas? Im pretty bad when it comes to that apparently. Going with defense and speed on golem then giving whatevers left for attack.

SATB

I don't use those two much, but for Azumarill, there are 2 sets that I fight against the most. An assault vest set and a sitrus berry set. The assault vest Azumarill has Aqua Jet + Waterfall + Play Rough +Ice Punch/Superpower. The sitrus berry has Belly Drum + Aqua Jet + Play Rough + Waterfall/Ice Punch/Superpower. Both are adamant and have the Huge Power ability. I'm guessing the first azumarill lasts longer and can surprise and overcome special attacking grass/electric types. The second azumarill appears to be a crazy hard hitting pokemon that needs to be timed right.

For Nidoking it could be sludge wave + earth power + ice beam. This will deal some good damage to most pokemon. The last move could be stealth rock because this will help all of your teammates nab their KO. Max Special attack and speed EVs. Uh try a life orb. As for the nature, Timid for speed or Modest for power.

I'd flip around the defense and attack EVs for your golem. I'd put a lot in speed and attack and give the remaining EVs to defense. This is because Golem will want to be hitting as hard and fast as possible so that the enemy will not have a chance to hit you. Golem should survive a super effective move with sturdy anyway.

If you want sturdy to work all the time, make sure that the opponent does not send you stealth rocks or spikes.

Your thread is getting a bunch of more views than mine. Can I take this time to tell people to view my RMT and rate it because I need help too :(

Last edited:

Kairyudraco

Teamrocketsmeowth
I don't use those two much, but for Azumarill, there are 2 sets that I fight against the most. An assault vest set and a sitrus berry set. The assault vest Azumarill has Aqua Jet + Waterfall + Play Rough +Ice Punch/Superpower. The sitrus berry has Belly Drum + Aqua Jet + Play Rough + Waterfall/Ice Punch/Superpower. Both are adamant and have the Huge Power ability. I'm guessing the first azumarill lasts longer and can surprise and overcome special attacking grass/electric types. The second azumarill appears to be a crazy hard hitting pokemon that needs to be timed right.

For Nidoking it could be sludge wave + earth power + ice beam. This will deal some good damage to most pokemon. The last move could be stealth rock because this will help all of your teammates nab their KO. Max Special attack and speed EVs. Uh try a life orb. As for the nature, Timid for speed or Modest for power.

I'd flip around the defense and attack EVs for your golem. I'd put a lot in speed and attack and give the remaining EVs to defense. This is because Golem will want to be hitting as hard and fast as possible so that the enemy will not have a chance to hit you. Golem should survive a super effective move with sturdy anyway.

If you want sturdy to work all the time, make sure that the opponent does not send you stealth rocks or spikes.

Your thread is getting a bunch of more views than mine. Can I take this time to tell people to view my RMT and rate it because I need help too :(

I will totally do that for my golem, an put the moves on azumarill and nidoking. Thanks for helping me ^^

And

Lol sure no problem ^^

SATB

Your team looks pretty sweet. Glad to have helped!

Nothing stands out now, maybe just scizor, but scizors are always annoying to fight.

For future reference. If you are not satisfied with golem, you could try a rhyperior. It has better stats overall than golem iirc. Just no sturdy.

Kairyudraco

Teamrocketsmeowth
Your team looks pretty sweet. Glad to have helped!

Nothing stands out now, maybe just scizor, but scizors are always annoying to fight.

For future reference. If you are not satisfied with golem, you could try a rhyperior. It has better stats overall than golem iirc. Just no sturdy.

Oh thank you ^^ I wanted golem because of the shiny geodude I caught, golem is my favorite shiny pokemon. I wanted to have atleast one on my team, so I'm gonna try my hardest to make him good. If not, rhyperior it is ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.