• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Help with Bide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manene

The Ultimate Absol~
*Please close if needed*

I've been using Bide with my Seedot and weird things happen.

ex.

Seedot used Bide.
Wild Poochyena used Tackle.
Seedot is storing energy.
Seedot unleashed energy.

Can someone please help me?

The Emerald King

<--- it's sad
Bide works like this. It doesn't allow your pokemon to do anything but take damage for three turns. After the three turns, if your pokemon is still alive, it gathers up the TOTAL amount of damage of all three turns and "throws" it back at the opponent.

Example:

Seedot used bide

Pocheyena used tackle (i.e. 15 damage)

Seedot is storing energy

Poocheyena uses tackle (15 damage)

Seedot is storing energy

Seedot unleashed its energy!

15 damage+15 damage+15 damage= 45 damage done back to Poocheyena

Volteon

Back I guess??
Bide works like this. It doesn't allow your pokemon to do anything but take damage for three turns. After the three turns, if your pokemon is still alive, it gathers up the TOTAL amount of damage of all three turns and "throws" it back at the opponent.

Example:

Seedot used bide

Seedot is storing energy

Seedot is storing energy

With double power, so in your example, seedot would deal 90 HP less to poochy.
it work like a late mirror coat with counter.

Xtra

You will be missed:(
Actually, it throws the damage back at double power (and damage taken from status effects are not added in). It can be countered if you use defensive moves like Leer.

The Emerald King

<--- it's sad
Volteon said:
With double power, so in your example, seedot would deal 90 HP less to poochy.

Oh, must've forgot that part.

Nightdawn

Gamer Since 1987
To overcom Bide just use status lowering attacks

Seedot Used Bide

Poch Used Growl

:Seedots Attack Fell

Seedot is storing energy

Poch Used Tail whip

: Seedots Defence fell

Seedot UNleashed Energy

:it failed

Bide is easy to counter
*note harder the longer in the game you get*

dynamo

Do not pass Go.
Don't use it, you're asking to be toxic'd, burned, leech seeded, paralyzed, etc etc. And they can use the time to use lets say Swords Dance 3 times, giving them +6 in attack, which is half the Pokemon's original attack*6 + the original attack stat.

In case you don't know how much devastation that can cause, lets use SD Blaziken with max Atk as an example.

It's stat is 372, so we halve that to get 186.

186*6 = 1116

1116 + original Atk stat (372) = 1488.

Blaziken's attack stat will be 1488. With a speed boost it'll be ready to sweep your team.

Xtra

You will be missed:(
Doesn't Swords dance have some kind of glitch where if the attack goes above a certain level, it loops back to zero and starts from there?

Kev Chi

Guardian
It shouldn't. If that was the case, there would be alot of unhappy people out there who use SD in their moveset.

dynamo

Do not pass Go.
Doesn't Swords dance have some kind of glitch where if the attack goes above a certain level, it loops back to zero and starts from there?

That stopped occuring in the 3rd Gen games (RSEFRLGCOLOXD).

Manene

The Ultimate Absol~
The Emerald King said:

Example:

Seedot used bide

Seedot is storing energy

Seedot is storing energy

Actually, I already knew that. What I should of said was "Isn't it supposed to go:

Seedot used Bide!
Wild Poochyena used Tackle!
Seedot is storing energy!
Wild Poochyena used Tackle!
Seedot unleashed energy!

MetalMario

< It's Passion Pink!
Your Seedot's speed is the same as the Poochyena's, so who goes first is randomized. Here's what happened:

(Turn 1: Game picks you to go first)
SEEDOT used BIDE!
Wild POOCHYENA used TACKLE!
(Turn 2: Game picks Pooch to go first)
SEEDOT is storing energy!
(Turn 3: Game picks Pooch to go first)
SEEDOT unleased energy!

Be glad you didn't get haxed and only take one Tackle before unleashing.

Edit:
dynamo said:
Don't use it, you're asking to be toxic'd, burned, leech seeded, paralyzed, etc etc. And they can use the time to use lets say Swords Dance 3 times, giving them +6 in attack, which is half the Pokemon's original attack*6 + the original attack stat.

In case you don't know how much devastation that can cause, lets use SD Blaziken with max Atk as an example.

It's stat is 372, so we halve that to get 186.

186*6 = 1116

1116 + original Atk stat (372) = 1488.

Blaziken's attack stat will be 1488. With a speed boost it'll be ready to sweep your team.
This is off-topic. I think SD Blaziken would have a rather easy time killing a ~L10 Seedot even if it wasn't Biding.

Last edited:

SealElement

Volcano Trainer OSHI
Xtra said:
That was a GSC glitch with all stats.

Seedot used Taunt!(lawl bide "counters" are pwned)

Status
Not open for further replies.