• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Help with Contructing my In-Game Diamond Team.

Hydro Empoleon

I need some help on Creating a well balanced In-Game Team. If anyone has any suggestions please do not hesitate to help me. I also need some good movesets for them.

Empoleon : Timid/Calm/Quiet

Porygon-Z: Modest

Dragonite: Mild

Tyranitar: Brave/Lonely

Glaceon: Modest

Leafeon: Adamant

I really need help to create a team, I can never create a well balanced team.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
lol Gyro Ball on Empoleon. Waste of TM. The only Pokemon that can make a good use of Gyro Ball are something like Bronzong or Lickylicky.

And for the thread starter, can you post their current moveset?

jj10120

ye thats what i did for my thread fire team i have new set of moves for my fire team yay! but i cant find thunder punch! that thunderpunch gave me an idea ur tyranitar should learn thunderpunch cos it can then beat water not be fainted by water

Short Wing

Home of the Braviary
Thunderpunch is from the emerald move tutor in the Battle frontier. You could always go with Thunderfang though, but Tyranitar should'nt really stay in on a Water poke anyway.

Empoleon *Calm/modest
@lefties
-Surf
-Steath rock/yawn
-Icebeam
-Grassknot/roar/yawn
Empoleon can handle a few hits for the teamand dish some out too.

Porygon-Z *Modest/timid
+adaptability
@Lifeorb/choicespecs/Leftovers/silkscarf/wiseglasses
-Nastyplot/Icebeam/T-bolt
-Darkpulse/shadowball
-Tryattack/Hyperbeam
-icebeam/T-bolt
Porygon-Z makes an awsome special sweeper and could help your team out with its power movepool.

Dragonite *Jolly/adamant
@Lifeorb/Lum/yache Persim berry
-Dragondance
-Outrage/Dragonclaw
-F-punch/F-blast
-Earthquake/Focuspunch
Dragonite makes an awsome physical sweeper and outrage reaches massive attack after a couple Dances, Lifeorb and stab, outrage will do massive damage, you could use dragonclaw or a berry if you don't like the confusion caused by outrage.

Tyranitar *quiet/brave
@Leftovers/Lifeorb/expertbelt
-crunch/pusuit/Darkpulse
-Earthquake/FocusPunch
-Stone edge/steathrock/pursuit
-T-bolt/Icebeam
This tyranitar could help you since it sounds like you want to cover his weakness to water.

Glaceon *Modest/timid
@choicespecs/choicescarf/wiseglasses
-Icebeam/Blizzard
-Blizzard/yawn/wish
-Waterpulse/HPFight/HPfire
She makes an average special sweeper, it's just that she doesn't have a lot to choose from.

or Glaceon *Modest/TImid
@Leftovers
-Faketears
-Icebeam/Blizzard
-wish
-yawn/substitute/shadowball
With this set you could lower their defense with tear mimicing a nastyplot and wish and the last move could support the team.

Leafeon *Jolly/impish
@leftovers
-Swordsdance/wish/sub
-Batonpass
-Leafblade
-roar/Wish/yawn
Leafeon could pass a couple of dances to power up tyranitar or dragonite, with the last move if you choose roar it could force switches and if you have steath rock out, it will cause somedamange.

Hope your team's a success!

Valdoom

Team Armageddon
Empoleon
Surf
Flash Cannon
Grass Knot
Icebeam

Porygon-Z
Thunderbolt
Icebeam
Dark Pulse
Tri-Attack

Dragonite
(not sure on Dragonite)

Tyranitar:
Crunch
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Ice Fang

Glaceon:
Hail
Blizzard
Shadowball
?

not sure about Leafon

jj10120 Tyranitar can't learn thunderpunch, and Gyro Ball is for very slow pokemon :)

Aura Ash- Tyranitar is a physical pokemon at has a base of 95 sp.attacker, physical attacks are more effective with Tyranitar

Valdoom

Team Armageddon
Empoleon
Surf
Flash Cannon
Grass Knot
Icebeam

Porygon-Z
Thunderbolt
Icebeam
Dark Pulse
Tri-Attack

Dragonite
(not sure on Dragonite)

Tyranitar:
Crunch
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Ice Fang

Glaceon:
Hail
Blizzard
Shadowball
?

not sure about Leafon

jj10120 Tyranitar can't learn thunderpunch, and Gyro Ball is for very slow pokemon :)

Aura Ash- Tyranitar is a physical pokemon at has a base of 95 sp.attacker, physical attacks are more effective with Tyranitar

Elemental Eevee

Eevee will take over
I would go with a team like

Infernape
@fist plate
Timid nature
flamethrower
close combat
solarbeam
earthquake

Gyarados
@leftovers
Naive nature
hyper beam
flamethrower
dragon rage
hydro pump

Luxray
@choice specs
any nature
thunder
crunch
discharge
rain dance

Tyranitar
@expert belt
any nature
thunder
dark pulse
earthquake
blizzard

Dragonite
@life orb
timid nature
fly
outrage
fire blast
focus blast

Leafeon
@leftovers
rash nature
grass knot
last resort
leaf blade
solarbeam

this is just a suggestion on the whole team...with poke nature item moveset.

jj10120

What? i didnt mean the thunder punch! i mean like set the moves nature and lvls out and i didnt no gyro ball for slow pokemon what shinytrainer or wat his name is said about setting up urteam like a thread

Valdoom

Team Armageddon
lol your a very confusing person jj10120

it said in your post, it gave me an idea that your Tyranitar should learn Thunderpunch to take out its water weakness

and yeah Gyro Ball is for pokemon like Bronzong

Elemental Eevee those sets don't work, pokemon should never have two of the same type of move except in special cases

Tyranitar is a PHYSICAL attacker, thunder, Dark Pulse and Blizzard are SP.ATTACKS, so they don't work on Tyranitar

never use hold items that boost one type of move, go for ones that increase the attack of all attacks on the pokemon

Dragonrage always does 40hp damage, you can use moves to instantly kill pokemon why use that? never use hyperbeam moves as you need to recharge and once again Gyarados is a physical water pokemon not sp.attacker.

Infernape:
Close Combat
Thunder Punch
Grass Knot
Flamethrower

Luxray:
Spark
Crunch
Ice Fang
Thunder Fang

Tyranitar:
Earthquake