• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Help with linking pokemon golds

grounder

*sneezes*
I recently bought another game boy advance sp, so I could get the official recharger that doesn't heat up as much as a car recharger. I also bought it because I have a link cable and two copies of pokemon gold, one of which doesn't save properly due to magnetization. I think that the linking process wouldn't be damaged by that. One of my gold versions had beaten the elite, and the other had just started out.

However, when I tried to link them up, one of the gold copies delayed a bit, while the other one didn't, causing the one that didn't to say that there was a link error, while the one that delayed kept on trying to link back up. Then, it errored as well. I tried to switch the link cable, and the same thing happened, except reversed on the consoles.

I had also tried to time travel with a friends Red version back in the States with the gold version, and it did the same thing. Is this a fault with the linking version on my gold, did I do something wrong, or do I have to beat the elite four on both games in order for the linking to work properly?

~Bent~

awhups
The saving process is most likely.

Also, be sure you're using a GBC cable. If you're using a GBA cable (with one purple end and a box in the middle), it won't work.

Elite Four has nothing to do with trading in all Pokemon games with GB or GBC cartridges.

grounder

*sneezes*
The saving process is most likely.

Also, be sure you're using a GBC cable. If you're using a GBA cable (with one purple end and a box in the middle), it won't work.

Oh, it was the GBA cable, then. Mine's all white, though. Okay, thanks.