• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

help with my doubles UU team

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
I need a little bit of help with my UU team. First, I'd like help determining a 6th member, and second, I'd like help for items on a few Pokemon.

Here's the team at a glance:

:615:, ;128;, :623:, ;479; (mower form, help on how to post proper form), ;482;, :547:

Now, for the in-depth details:

Uka Uka the Cryogonal: Calm nature
EV spread: 252 HP, 64 Sp.Attk, 128 Sp.Def, 64 Speed.
Ability: Levitate
Item: ?
Moves: Frost Breath
Flash Cannon
Acid Armor
Recover

This is the main member of the set that triggers Tauros's Anger Point. I'd like a little help on the moveset (unless it's OK as it is) and help on an item for it.

Red Bull the Tauros: Jolly nature
EV spread: 252 Attk, 252 Speed, 4HP
Item: Chople Berry
Ability: Anger Point
Moves: Return
Substitute
Rock Slide
Earthquake

Rock Slide is present because it's doubles. I will not listen to any suggestions for Stone Edge because, like I said, this is a doubles team. The rest is pretty straightforward.

Jhn Deere the Rotom (mower form): Timid nature
EV spread: 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Item: White Herb
Moves: Leaf Storm
Discharge
Hidden Power (Fire)
Shadow Ball

Very straightforward. White Herb to remove lowered stats, HP Fire for steels, Discharge for STAB (pairs well with Golurk), and Shadow Ball for filler.

Moguera the Golurk: Adamant nature
EV spread: 252 HP, 252 Attk, 4 Def
Ability: Iron Fist
Item: Leftovers
Moves: Earthquake
Shadow Punch
Focus Punch
Substitute

The EV spread is there because Golurk will not outrun very much, so I might as well make it bulky. Substitute is there so I can hide from opposing attacks while I set up Focus Punch. The other moves are for STAB coverage.

Cosmo the Azelf: Hasty nature
EV spread: 128 Attk, 128 Sp.Attk, 252 Speed
Item: Life Orb
Moves: Flamethrower
Psychic
Explosion
U-turn

Explosion is there on purpose. It's there to go out with a bang (even though it got nerfed) just in case I don't need Azelf anymore.

Whimsicott: Bold nature
EV spread: 252 Def., 252 Sp. Def, 4HP
Ability: Prankster
Item: Big Root
Moves: Tailwind
Stun Spore
Leech Seed
Substitute

Mainly here for team support and annoying the opponent. I question whether or not it will be helpful, though. Any suggestions different than this one?

Any suggestions for improvement (in terms of Pokemon and items) and for a 6th member are appreciated! Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
Can someone seriously help me out with this team? This is my first attempt at UU, and I'd appreciate some feedback.

Last edited:

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
You need to post ability
Obviously Iron fist for Golurk but posting abilities should help : )

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
Anyone else's comments on the actual team? Anyone at all?

Last edited:

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
I've used this anger point strategy before,only with a Froslass in Cryogonal's place.

Ideally you'll want Cryogonal faster than Tauros if you want to activate anger point at the right time.
Acid Armor isn't going to be too useful-it raises Cryogonal's defences from BP 30 to BP 60-a good physical hit will still take it down.
Icy wind might be a handy replacement to bring down the faster pokemon so Tauros can take them down.
Plus,if this is a 5th generation team,anger point won't be activated behind a substitute.
Take down has recoil,but benefits from STAB(BP 90 > BP135)
However,there's also Zen Headbutt,which will land super effective hits on fighting types(one of your most common counters).

Also, try a normal gem on Azelf-it helps you go out with a 1.5x bigger bang,which is useful due to lack of STAB!

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
Since this a doubles team, protect might go well with some of you team members. Anger point is a pretty gimmicky ability so i would change it to Intimidate if you want to come on on some pokes or sheer force to power up your moves. The ev spread on azelf just looks like you split up the remaining ev's. I personally would change it to more of a support pokemon with rocks or a life orb set.

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
^ My original idea for Azelf was that it would be a mixed sweeper. What would be a good moveset for it being a support Pokemon with rocks?

@archstaraptor: The idea of a Normal Gem does interest me. I'll try it (especially because Explosion got nerfed).

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
You can still go mixed with a life orb 4 attack set. I am not as experienced with doubles so i don't have the full knowledge of how good a more support type set would do. Moves can vary but would prolly be something like this, SR, taunt, u-turn and maybe explosion can still be used. Dual screens can also be used.

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
^ That's a thought. I'll play around with that.

EDIT: Now that the team is complete, any other comments/ criticisms?

Last edited: