• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Help with my first VGC Team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilyang

Chandelure
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Quiet
EV's: 252 HP/ 252 SpA / 4 SpD
- Trick Room
- Protect
- Heat Wave
- Shadow Ball

Amoongus
Item: Coba Berry
Ability: Effect Spore
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: HP 146 / Def 132 / SpA 52 / SpD 180
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Reuniclus
Ite: Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Nature: Quiet
EVs: 172 HP / 32 Def / 252 Sp Att / 52 Sp Def
- Trick Room
- Psychic
- Protect
- Focus Blast

Conkeldurr
Item: Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Nature: Brave
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Sp Def
- Mach Punch
- Protect
- Drain Punch
- Rock Slide

I initially wanted to have Jelliscent in place of Chandelure and move Reuniclus to the front line, but found a nice Chandelure in my box and thought maybe I could put it to good use. Let me know what you guys think, any help is appreciated.
For back ups I have an Eelektross and an still undecided on the sixth. The set is pretty standard but just trying to set up the best trick room team I can.
Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Oficedge

Two things: 1. Please read the rules and describe your pokemons' roles before this thread gets closed. 2. I think reuniclus wants psyshock.

This is despicable!!
only 4 pokemon to begin with (Golurk should be 6th)
No descriptions or anything I cant even begin to tell you!

darkrai's_shadow

Fear of the Dark!
well, he clearly said a vgc team, so its a team of 4, 2v2 (i am guessing, havent done vgc) so having 4 is right

dont give reunicles protect, do recover, and go with 252 hp/252 sAtk/4 def

for conkeldurr, give it payback instead of rock slide

chandelure doesnt make a really good trick roomer, dont do that, have it be a modest or timid, 4 hp/252 sAtk/252 spd

Amoongus, uh... dont know, have never seen it be used

DBK

Renegade Trainer
well, he clearly said a vgc team, so its a team of 4, 2v2 (i am guessing, havent done vgc) so having 4 is right

dont give reunicles protect, do recover, and go with 252 hp/252 sAtk/4 def

for conkeldurr, give it payback instead of rock slide

chandelure doesnt make a really good trick roomer, dont do that, have it be a modest or timid, 4 hp/252 sAtk/252 spd

Amoongus, uh... dont know, have never seen it be used

Actually you can use a team of 6, but you can only battle with 4.

Take the EVs for SpAt on Amoongus and give them to your defense stats. Amoongus' only purpose is Effect Spore + Spore/Protect or Giga Drain/Protect spamming. Higher defenses means it can spam a little longer and do some significant damage.

darkrai's_shadow

Fear of the Dark!
well, i was correct then, it was 4 pokemon battle (technically)

and make sure it has max hp, any defensive pokemon HAS to have max hp

Sarracenia

Pokémagpie Zog
Team's great, leave it as it is. I really don't know why you brought it here to be honest, it's pretty much the best build of trick room you can make for this format. This coming from an experienced VGC player, by the way. :p

Ragnarok

#BeastMode
Staff member
Super Mod
VGC teams still require descriptions you would have to put when posting a standard team (description after the pokemon etc). Read the rules please.

Thread locked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.