• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Help with my Pearl Team

Raro

Someone on the D/P thread said to come here to get advice about my team because it's a failure so here it is...

Pokemon team:

100 Empoleon/Quirky @ Amulet Coin
Bubblebeam (water)
Brine (water)
Hydro Pump (water)
Drill Peck (flying)

???(receiving soon) Infernape/????? @ ?????
Flame Wheel (fire)
Flamethrower (fire)
Flare Blitz (fire)
Brick Break (fighting)

1 (currently training at the moment a turtwig) Torterra/Hasty @ ?????
Razor Leaf (grass)
Giga Drain (grass)
Leaf Storm / Hammer Head (grass)
Earthquake (ground)

38(about to evo soon) Garchomp/Naive @ Muscle Band / Focus Band
Dragon Claw (dragon)
Fire Fang (fire)
Swords Dance (forgot)
Earthquake (ground)

83 Lucario/Timid @ Leftovers
Aura Sphere (fighting)
Psychic (psychic)(duh…)
Earthquake (ground)
Substitute (normal)

57 Staraptor/Naughty @ ?????
Fly (flying)
Brave Bird (flying)
Aerial Ace (flying)
Close Combat (fighting)

I'd appreciate help with movesets, pokemon, items etc
thanks

Last edited:

Dinsfire

That's actually a pretty good team. The only complaint I'd have is that three of your pokemon know earthquake. Wtf? Try making all of your moves unique. No two of your pokemon should know the same move. You should also applying STAB more.

Raro

Ok so do you have any suggestions to swap with Earthquake and what does STAB mean?
Also at the moment would there be a pokemon with a certain moveset that could KO my team easily?
Oh and also i'm kinda stuck with the items for some of them hence the ????? any suggestions?

thx

Dinsfire

I don't have much to suggest for your held items, or for a pokemon with a specific moveset that could KO your team. But, to replace earthquake for Torterra, I would use TM 35: Energy Ball or perhaps Solarbeam. For Lucario, I would replace it with any of the following: TM 01 (Focus Punch), TM 23 (Iron Tail) or TM 52 (Focus Blast).

STAB stands for Same-Type Attack Bonus and refers to the 50% boost to an attacks power when the move is used by a pokemon that is the same type as the move. IE fire punch being used be a charziard would be 50% more powerful than if a Hitmonchan used it.

Perhaps the reason you're not doing well with your party is because their levels are not well-rounded. Would you mind including their levels for me?

xgina

Banned
or he might not be doing well because you are giving bad advice!

Empoleon@Leftovers
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot/Yawn/Roar
-Grass Knot/Yawn Roar

Infernape@Life Orb
-Flamethrower
-Close Combat
-Nasty Plot
-Grass Knot

Torterra@Leftovers
-Swords Dance/Curse
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Wood Hammer

give garchomp life orb. your set is good

Lucario@Choice Specs
-Aura Sphere
-Dark Pulse
-Dragon Pulse
-Vacuum Wave/Psychic

Staraptor@Choice Band/Choice Scarf
-Close Combat
-Return
-Brave Bird
-U-Turn

.:Faithless:.

.:~Silent Strength~:
Torterra is more of a physical attacker, so try to replace Giga Drain... one bred with Seed Bomb would be pretty good. Also, a move like Stone Edge would be a great way to repel ice types.

I also think that Surf would be a good replacement for Bubblebeam on your Empoleon if you're after power (Surf, 95, Bubblebeam 65)

With Infernape, try to variate your moves a bit more- three fire moves and one fighting move can be frustrating if you're taking on a Gyarados or Mantine. Try breeding a new Chimchar with Thunderpunch or delete Flame Wheel for Stone Edge to take out those Flying types.

I agree with Extrasensory, Substitute on Lucario isn't really a good move... Dragon Pulse would be a good replacement.

Also, would you mind posting the natures? It would be a bit easier for us to see where you need advice. :3 Hope this helps!

!StatiC ShocK!

Torterra
Adamant / Impish
-Wood Hammer / Seed Bomb
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Leech Seed / Synthesis / Curse

Empoleon
Modest
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot
-Flash Cannon / Agility

Infernape
Jolly
-Flare Blitz
-Close Combat
-Thunderpunch / Stone Edge
-U-Turn / Swords Dance

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
More like

Lucario @ Leftovers
Timid/Modest Nature
~Aura Sphere
~Dragon Pulse
~Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball
~Calm Mind

Raro

ok so i'll use calm mind and

Torterra / Hasty @ ??????

Leech Seed
Razor Leaf
Earthquake
Leaf Storm

that ok

(i'd like to keep earthquake leafstorm and razor leaf)

Razor Leaf (for weak opponents)
Leaf Storm (cool name lol)(strong opponents)
Earthquake (good move and i like it)

know i just need help for the three starters and maybe staraptor

Last edited:

Tatortot

Yessssss, master!
Basicly, all of your pokemon need new moves except for Garchomp. For one thing, you should probably try to expand their range of attacks so you don't have to switch so offen.
(example: Empoleon doesn't need 3 water moves, and Infernape doesn't need 3 fire moves.) give it a bit more thought then come back to us.

Raro

ok how about

Empoleon @ ???
Surf
Ice Beam
Drill Peck / Steel Wing
Hydro Pump

Infernape @ ???
Flamethrower
Brick Break
Flare Blitz
Sunny Day/ Solar Beam/ Shadow Claw?

Torterra @ ???
Razor Leaf
Earthquake
Wood Hammer / Leaf Storm
Solar beam (good if Infernape just used sunny day or something) / Rock Polish/ Crunch

Staraptor @ ???
Fly (the reason it's even on my team)
Close Combat
Brave Bird
Arial Ace / Steel Wing / ???

I CANNOT CHANGE THE NATUREs OF THESE POKEMON SO PLEASE DO NOT RECCOMEND THEM.

with the slashes which moves should i use out of them or could you suggest if you'd like different moves gor any of them?
also can you reccommend items?

Thanks.