• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Help with my phone

Shadow XD001

Well, I've had my phone for awhile now (almost a year), and I'm getting a little annoyed that I can't send/receive Picture Messages. I can send/receive regular text messages fine, but just with Picture Messages when I receive them, it says "to download, press get", so of course I press get and it says Downloading, but then says "Service Unavailable" My phone is an AT&T LG VU CU920.

Thank You.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
According to AT&T's site that phone has 50 MB of internal memory. Are you sure you haven't filled that up? How much internal memory does it say it has left?

Shadow XD001

Probably a stupid question, but where would I check how much Internal Memory I have left? I checked where it says "Check Memory", but it didn't saying anything about Internal Memory, unless I missed something, and it's worded differently. (I'm not the smartest when it comes to phones and technology)

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Probably a stupid question, but where would I check how much Internal Memory I have left? I checked where it says "Check Memory", but it didn't saying anything about Internal Memory, unless I missed something, and it's worded differently. (I'm not the smartest when it comes to phones and technology)

I'm not sure with your phone. I know when I check how much room I have left on my phone it has a listing for Phone memory and one for Mass memory.

Shadow XD001

When I went to the check memory section, I went to common and this is what came up:
Total: 152,776.3 KB
In use: 34,362.3 KB
Free: 118,414 KB
Audio: 1198 KB
Image: 2970 KB
Video: 2864 KB
Multimedia Message: 0 Byte
Java: 3583 KB
Others: 23647 KB

The sections that it has is Reserved, which shows how much more texts it could and holds, how much contacts it can hold etc. etc., and there's also a SmartChip Section, and I have no idea what that is. The last section is a Memory Card section, but I don't have one for my phone.

Does that help?

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan
Does your phone's service provider allow downloading of multimedia content? My old service provider would block sending/receiving of images on my phone, since I didn't have a data plan. If you're not sure just call them up and ask them.

FYI Most phones take microSD cards which are dirt cheap, you can get a 1GB card for under $20 on eBay, just make sure it's genuine. I don't think that's your problem though, since 115MB is enough for quite a few average resolution photo's, and if it's cellphone camera quality pictures (average camera on a cell is 3-5MP, that's pretty low resolution) probably quite a lot.

Shadow XD001

Quick question: Well, when I do try to receive pictures from friends via texts it says downloading, but doesn't download because it says Service Unavailable. Does that mean I need to have Internet Connection or something?

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan
No, I believe it means you need a data plan to download multimedia content. Call your service provider and ask them about it. They'll tell you if you already have one and how much extra a month it will be to upgrade.

Shadow XD001

Crud, if I have to pay to get it, then my parents probably wouldn't want to pay for it then. Thanks for helping me out though, hopefully something will come up and I will be able to receive/send Picture Messages. (Animated or not)

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
Most of the time, you can get the info you need from a clerk from the Cell phone store.

(It's actually their job to know this.. Seriously, If they're going to sell you stuff they need to know the basics of that they're selling to you.)

Actually, That is exactly what I did. I walked in to the store and showed them the message, they explained the info about it there and then.

Both Methods may cost Money. It would cost me in either cheep Data charges more in the long run, or MMS Charge cost me about £0.25 one off payment, for "free" MMS service..