• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Help with my Team in Fire Red!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
We need more details (Moves, Natures ect.)

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Like I said before,

Please post movesets, items and stuff so we can help you.

Pokemon@Item
-Move 1
-Move 2
-Move 3
-Move 4
Optional: Brief explanation of moveset, item or pokemon.

Example with my Pokemon:
Aerodactyl@Focus Sash
-Taunt
-Stealth Rock
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
Aerodactyl here is a "Suicide Lead" and he uses Stealth Rock for setup hazards, taunt so the opposing Pokemon cannot stall and has to attack (Hence suicide lead), and Stone Edge and Earthquake for basic coverage.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
I hope your Starmie has its standard set. Surf, Ice Beam, Thunder Bolt, Recover or Psychic (the last slot is all about preference). This set simply allows you to hit most possible things, just go in! As I said, the last slot is up to preference! I personally run Recover over Psychic, but considering there's a more reliable form of recovery in form of items, it's all up to you. And I don't like those items, anyway.

I would suggest taking Tyranitar out, as he won't be of any help, as ALL of your pokemons are actually damaged by Sandstorm, and this is NOT fine.

I'll give a full rate later. And edit your OP with your pokemons set, please. No need for item nor natures! That's not needed. There's some sort of misconception that's needed, because people here often ask for them, but it's only in-game and by no means you are obligated to post your pokemons natures or items. Except if you want a more detailed rate, obv.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Charizard
-Flamethrower/Fire Blast
-Aerial Ace/Wing Attack
-Steel Wing
-Earthquake

Gengar
-Thunderbolt/Thunder
-Shadow Punch/Ice Punch
-Hypnosis
-Dream Eater

Electabuzz
-Brick Break
-Thunder Punch
-Hidden Power
-Ice Punch/Fire Punch

Sohryu

Be a Man!
I'll change JAWS' Gengar just a bit.
~Thunderbolt
~Ice Punch
~Giga Drain
~Fire Punch

Go all out using his SpAtk. Shadow Punch is physical, and Hidden Power's base power isn't great too. Hypnosis and Dream Eater are too much unreliable and Gengar's defenses are not made to endure hits or to abuse such a set.
This set gives you the ability to hit almost anything you want to hit, really. No worries on that matter.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
I'll change JAWS' Gengar just a bit.
~Thunderbolt
~Ice Punch
~Giga Drain
~Fire Punch

Go all out using his SpAtk. Shadow Punch is physical, and Hidden Power's base power isn't great too. Hypnosis and Dream Eater are too much unreliable and Gengar's defenses are not made to endure hits or to abuse such a set.
This set gives you the ability to hit almost anything you want to hit, really. No worries on that matter.

Yeah I see my other sets fine?

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Snorlax@Leftovers
-Body Slam
-Crunch
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Quite good, Jaws...
Charizard has access to Dragon Dance and Earthquake. Although its main STAB move (either Fire Blast and Flamethrower) are special, it can actually abuse the increased Speed and Atk.
A set of Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Aerial Ace and Return comes in handy. Although a MixedZard is actually good, too. Even better.
Flamethrower, Earthquake, Dragon Claw and Return. You can also switch Return or Dragon Claw for Rock Slide, so you can effectively hits much more types, having a better coverage. However, the loss in power is pretty inconvenient. It's all up i you. Or even Aerial Ace, to hit pesky Fighting types.

The flaw in your (Charizard) set is, Jaws:
Steel Wing does nothing. Otherwise, your set is perfectly fine! But that Snorlax is a totally loss of time. He'll be doing nothing if compared to the others team members; and Crunch is special, Shadow Ball is better as it's physical. And Rest + Sleep Talk is not cool in-game. The Curse, Return, Shadow Ball and Earthquake set is actually more useful and useable for in-game runs.

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Yeah I see with steel wing not as useful. Also I'll fix that Snorlax set.

Status
Not open for further replies.