• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Help with my team

Hello everyone, I am a noob who just learned about uber pokemon, EV stats training and many other things that are involved in competitive playing. I will start playing competitive singles and I wish I will do good. I just have a list of my team and that's it. I don't have how I should build my EV, what it's holding etc.

Could anyone tell me how I should add EV to my pokemon, what moves, what it should do (stall, starter) and why, and what it should hold. I have a list of my team and just tell me how what to do and everything I said previously. I'll be putting a format for how I'm going to categorize my pokemon so just fill in the blanks.
This is my format.

Pokemon: This will be already filled in. This is my pokemon.
Nature: What nature my pokemon should be.
EV: How I should put my EV into my pokemon.
Item: What item my pokemon should be holding during battle.
Moves: What moves and attacks my pokemon should have.
Roll: What roll my pokemon should be doing. (ex. Staller, Starter, Speed)

Pokemon: Lucario
Nature: ?
EV: ?
Item: ?
Moves: ?
Roll: ?

Pokemon: Tyranitar

Pokemon: Gliscor

Pokemon: Vaporeon

Pokemon: Scizor

Pokemon: Zapdos

FaloChain

Forgotten one
Vaporeon

This is my sugestion for Vaporeon.

Nature: Bold
EV's: 252 hp, 62 def, 190 sp def
Item: Leftovers/Lum berry
Move 1: Acid Armour
Move 2: Surf
Move 3: Rest
Move 4: Toxic / Yawn
Roll: Bulky Water

The reason for this moveset is for vaporeon to take hits as is the role of all bulky water types. Acid armour provides physical def and is the reason why there aren't many ev's there. Vaporeons def is poor to begin with which is why I chose the bold nature. Rest is self explanitory. Surf provides an offensive move and a STAB bonus, there aren't many pokemon immune to water type moves, the only one I know of that is immune is Polywrath who isn't very often used as it is categorized as UU. Toxic or Yawn either one works in my opinion as both cause status problems for the opposition. I'd prefer to go with Toxic but if you feel like getting a free switch in after a yawn then you might want to go with it.

Vaporeon is there with this moveset to absorb status problems and induce them to the other team, to take major hits and survive. This is my personal view on your vaporeon and may differ based on the rolls of your other pokemon.

Simse

FaloChain, you should really lurk around here and Smogon Forums for a while. You're obviously new and you haven't learnt Competitive Pokemon fully yet. The extra knowledge will do you good.

And for movesets for go here: http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/
They've got movesets for every usable Pokemon.

You'd better add in some kind of moves, items, and EVs quick before this thread gets shut down. It's happened a lot before. I'm just trying to help you out. Add in those things, and I'll help you out later.

Let me just throw this out to you for starters.

Scizor@Choice Band
Adamant
Technician
EVs: 248 HP, 252 Atk, 8 Spe
Moves:
-Bullet Punch
-U-Turn
-Superpower
-Pursuit

Hope this helps!

Bullet Punch already cancels the need for speed, and even with max speed it's not going to be outspeeding many common threats anyways. Other than Scizor's priority, its main attraction is its bulk. Its typing gives it tons of resistances, and immunity, and only one weakness, and its defenses are good to. 248 HP ensures as much bulkiness as possible with lower Stealth Rock damage than 252 HP. The 8 Spe EVs is just there to outspeed a few select Pokemon, but I sometimes run those in Def for more physical bulkiness. That choice is yours.

Bullet Punch already cancels the need for speed, and even with max speed it's not going to be outspeeding many common threats anyways. Other than Scizor's priority, its main attraction is its bulk. Its typing gives it tons of resistances, and immunity, and only one weakness, and its defenses are good to. 248 HP ensures as much bulkiness as possible with lower Stealth Rock damage than 252 HP. The 8 Spe EVs is just there to outspeed a few select Pokemon, but I sometimes run those in Def for more physical bulkiness. That choice is yours.

Hmm that seems reasonable. Actually that seems perfect. Sorry I didn't think about it to deeply. Thanks a lot. And also whi h one of my pokemon should be a starter. I'm thinking tyranitar cuz he can learn stealth rock and he seems like a perfect setup pokemon

With the right moveset, Tyranitar and Gliscor both make great leads. But like I said earlier, you really should edit in some kind of move, item, and EV choices for the other Pokemon before this thread gets shut down. Check out www.smogon.com for help with movesets. Just click on the Strategy Pokedex link.