• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Help with my team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recenty felt the urge to replay firered and im getting along just fine, but what i need help with is my team. i thought i had the perfect team planned out but then i came across snorlax and am debating exchanging him with one of the pokemon in my team. id love to hear opinions.
my team is :
charizard Lv 41
nidoking Lv 25
gyarados Lv 26
growlith Lv 24
kadabra Lv 26
gastly Lv 23

snorlax is Lv 30

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Please post movesets, items and stuff so we can help you.

Pokemon@Item
-Move 1
-Move 2
-Move 3
-Move 4
Optional: Brief explanation of moveset, item or pokemon.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Nidoking's Attack stat is higher than its SpAtk, but both are actually useable. One of the things I like in him is this ability to go mixed.
Earthquake, Rock Slide, Thunderbolt and Megahorn or Shadow Ball gives him a pretty nifty coverage. Earthquake is your STAB and Rock Slide provides the coverage it'd usually need when facing foes with ability such as Levitate or Flying-mons, plus, it gives you an amazing coverage. Thunderbolt takes out Water-types; and you should always take care of 'em, as 3 members of your team are weak to it and only one can switch safely. Megahorn's accuracy sure it's not good, so you might opt to go with Shadow Ball instead. Both use his Atk, but both improve its coverage to beat Dark, Grass and Psychic pokemon and some might either wall you or defeat you with an S-E move; those "some" are named Grass and Psychic. Good luck!
And do as said by JAWS, edit your post with yours pokemons movesets. I'll give a full rate later.

Ib4

Xenlon Cavalier
I've found some success with a Megahorn/Substitute/Brick Break/Toxic Nidoking on FireRed.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Defensively, your team is generally weak, but not so much, at least not that you have to worry. However, it's always good to have a sort of wall to keep things up when you're facing a certain threat and you don't actually have something to take that other pokemon out. So, considering everything... Yes, I think Snorlax would be good to this team. I suggest that set for him:
~Brick Break
~Shadow Ball
~Return/Body Slam
~Curse

Curse set is mainly to wall a bit and proceed to sweep, even if slowly. Since the opponent will never switch, ir's easy to get 3 or 4 Curse up. Shadow Ball and Brick Break gives you perfect coverage already, so no need to worry beat a specific thing. The other slot is up to you. Body Slam has that neat Paralysis chance, Return, however, provides more power. Considering the set, I suggest Return, as you'll be better going with power over that status chance.

Ib4

Xenlon Cavalier
Switch Snorlax with Growlithe. There's your simplified answer.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Switch Snorlax with Growlithe. There's your simplified answer.

I suggest it over Gastly. At least Growlithe will be able to evolve to something much better than a Haunter, and besides, it gets STAB with its Fire moves, something Haunter willl never be able.

i was thinking kadabra because between haunter and kadabra has the upper hand, and i dont think id be able to switch growlith out for the only reason being he becomes very powerful and fast after evolution, at the moment he may be weak compare to most but once the fire stone is used its game over.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
i was thinking kadabra because between haunter and kadabra has the upper hand, and i dont think id be able to switch growlith out for the only reason being he becomes very powerful and fast after evolution, at the moment he may be weak compare to most but once the fire stone is used its game over.

He's indeed a great choice to your team. It packs punch and speed to overcome many threats, but you might find yourself in some nasty situations, since Arca' doesn't have "that movepool" to abuse. Actually, it's quite forgettable before B/W. The thing with him is; it can go mixed that he'll be perfectly fine and it'll always be a threat to whatever trainer. May I ask which set you pretend him to run?

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Like I said before,

Please post movesets, items and stuff so we can help you.

Pokemon@Item
-Move 1
-Move 2
-Move 3
-Move 4
Optional: Brief explanation of moveset, item or pokemon.

Example with my Pokemon:
Aerodactyl@Focus Sash
-Taunt
-Stealth Rock
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
Aerodactyl here is a "Suicide Lead" and he uses Stealth Rock for setup hazards, taunt so the opposing Pokemon cannot stall and has to attack (Hence suicide lead), and Stone Edge and Earthquake for basic coverage.

An example with one of your pokemon:
Charizard
-Fire Blast/Flamethrower (The / means or)
-Aerial Ace/Wing Attack
-Steel Wing
-Earthquake
Fire Blast/Flamethrower for STAB (50% Dual), Aerial Ace/Wing Attack (50% Dual), Steel Wing and Earthquake for coverage.

This is the first game I've played since emerald and I'm trying to think of a team to make when I get the game. I'm thinking Greninja, Gengar, Charizard for it's X mega evolution, Raichu/Jolteon, Lucario, Scizor, and Gardevoir? Are there any other Pokèmon you guys would suggest and what moves?

Current move sets

Gyarados Lv 31
- hyperbeam
- dragon rage
- surf
- water pulse

Charizard Lv 48
- slash
- flamethrower
- mega kick
- fly

Haunter Lv 34
- hypnosis
- dream eater
- giga drain
- shadow punch

Growlith Lv 28
- dig
- ember
- toxic
- take down

Nidoking Lv 30
- thunder
- surf
- mega kick
- rock slide

Kadabra Lv 30
- psybeam
- confusion
- future sight
- secret power

Snorlax Lv 30
- headbut
- yawn
- hyperbeam
- strength

Last edited:

((JAWS))

Johto Boy
Current move sets

Gyarados Lv 31
- earthquake
- dragon rage
- waterfall
- dragon dance

Charizard Lv 48
- steel wing
- flamethrower
- slash
- fly/wing attack/aerial ace (In-Game fly is fine.)

Haunter Lv 34
- shadow ball
- thunderbolt
- giga drain
- sludge bomb

Arcanine (When it evolves it should be this)
- extreme speed
- fire blast/flamethrower
- iron tail
- take down

Nidoking Lv 30
- thunder
- surf
- earthquake
- rock slide

Kadabra Lv 30
- psychic
- shadow ball
- future sight
- recover

Snorlax Lv 30
- body slam
- crunch
- shadow ball
- earthquake

I fixed alot. Nidoking set was okay you just needed an earthquake in there.

Last edited:

Silver Owns

12 year veteran
Wrong. No reason to use waterfall over surf in gen 3.. And shadow ball on kadabras terrible attack stat? Why

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Wrong. No reason to use waterfall over surf in gen 3.. And shadow ball on kadabras terrible attack stat? Why

Most of the raters that has just started to rate here, are more used with the Special and Physical split moves after Gen IV. It's understandable why some suggest certain moves that are special on Gen IV (and forward) or physical. But yeah, no Shadow Ball on Kadabra nor Waterfall on Gyarados. Although both Surf and Waterfall is pretty meh because of his SpAtk, maybe Hydro Pump?

Status
Not open for further replies.