• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Help with Nintendo Switch SD Card Reader

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
A while ago I had problems with my Switch’s micro sd card reader not being able to read ANY card. I called customer support and told told me to hard reset my Switch by holding down the power button for 20 seconds.

It worked for a while but after I took out my card to back up my album onto my computer, resetting my Switch doesn’t seem to work anymore!! Now the problem seems to start up whenever I play my Switch for several minutes & then try to view anything in my album. I either get Error Code 2802-1002, my card randomly becomes full of these question mark files from nowhere, or it just stops being able to save anything and I get Error Code 2802-2002 . I tried turning off my Switch & re-inserting the card, but when that happens I end up getting error code 2016-0641 instead. I also tried putting in a new card, but I’m still getting the same problem (it even sometimes happens when I do a hard reset). I tried putting in a brand new address card & I’m still getting the same problems.

Luckily all of my game files are on my Switch’s hard drive, but this is getting ridiculous and I don’t know what else to do. I was going to send my Switch to Nintendo so they can fix the card port, but they said that Pokémon Sword & Shield don’t support cloud saves in case anything goes wrong, so I don’t want to risk losing everything I had on those games. . PLEASE HELP!!!

Last edited: