• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Help with Something

zlxq3000

Master Collector
Okay, so here's a little challenge for you sprite artists out there. Behold, the only piece of a secret project I'm currently working on that I'm not happy with:

th_HoennButton.png

...I don't mean that I'm not happy with the project; I'm ecstatic that I'm actually working on it. What I mean is that I'm not happy with this specific piece of it.

What is it? A button, of course, that's supposed to be... sort of a representation of the third-gen games. I've made one for Kanto and one for Sinnoh, and both came out pretty amazing, if I do say so myself, but this one just... doesn't look good at all...

So, my challenge to you spriters out there: remake this button! Make it look sort of representative of the Hoenn region, kind of like a flag. Use the dimensions of the piece provided, as well as the main colors in the piece (they're ripped directly from the Japanese box art, which is how I did the other two, so in keeping with the theme of that, I'd like to keep them that way). The black areas of the piece are kind of an 'outline', so don't affect them. You can take out the text if necessary; I can always replace it, but don't replace it with your own text (unless you have the Pokemon Emerald font, and if you do, you probably have more pokemon fonts, in which case, gimme?).

If I like your button best, I'll be using it in my super-secret project, and you'll be credited for your work. It doesn't sound like much, but hey, with what I've got planned, this thing could become super-popular in our little game's community, and what've you got to lose besides an hour or two? You probably would have just spent it losing after 43 rounds at the Battle Tower again anyway...

Okay, ready?... GO!

(I guess a time limit would be the best thing to throw in here, huh? Let's give it... a week, for now. I might extend it if necessary; hopefully this gets some good responses...)

zlxq3000

Master Collector
May I ask if this is mod approved, as it looks like a contest or a project.

...No... It was just something I needed help with. I didn't realize I had to get approval for something like this. My bad.

Yami Ryu

...No... It was just something I needed help with. I didn't realize I had to get approval for something like this. My bad.

Well you kinda blatantly say 'I've not read the rules yet' with saying that. You need approval for a contest or a project thread. And what the hell kinda project is this, Oh I can't make a button but for anyone interested, please make one for me!, and then you'd choose the best button. This doesn't sound like a project at all, this sounds more like a contest. And if it was something you needed help with, I'm pretty sure there is an open fan art request thread where you could have asked for a banner/button dealie.

And btw if you want to WBG, use Iaza and make what you want to transparent, a color NOT used by anything you don't want see through.

zlxq3000

Master Collector
Okay, sorry. Close this if it's in violation or anything. I'll just figure it out on my own.