• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

help with team...i only have an hour from 4:10-5

OBSESSED WITH PKNM

I'M BACK...MISS ME?
i've been trying for the last 24 hours to come up with a good stratagy for my new team for pearl. i need you to respond as soon as possible after i get this up..so i'll be on with my game for an hour from 4:10 to 5:ten so tell me what needs to be fixed ..also i'm cranky soo don't tell me to put moves that require breeding ok i need pokemon that eather know the moves or could be thought the moves
( i'm a little disslexic so sorry if sounds funny) me and my game will be on for the next hour so post up with in the time limmit so i can corecct the errors that i made soooo go!

forrtress:rash

atk 212
def 322
sp.atk 148
sp.def 137
spd 111

toxic spikes
mirror shot
explosion
stealth rock

spiritomb:doclie (help speartomb)

atk 234
def 253
sp.atk 217
sp.def 235
spd 130

hypnosis
spychic
spite
dream eater

blissey:rash

atk 53
def 72
sp.atk 189
sp.def 259
spd 157

softboiled
thunder
flamethrower
focus blast

ludicolo: sassy

atk 180
def 172
sp.atk 224
sp.def 267
spd 171

hydr pump
mega kick
giga drain
seismic toss

kingler:hardy

atk 315
def 277
sp.atk 139
sp.def 143
spd 206

crab hammer
guilotine
x-sissor
mud shot

crobat:bashful

atk 242
def 197
sp.atk 185
sp.def 195
spd 314

thats the team just please help out fortress and spitomb if you can so please help out as much as you can and the clock is tikking..also don't mock crobat he's staying...

thanks for you help

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
I've already told you that stats don't matter.

Fortress@Leftovers
Relaxed (+Def, -Speed)
Trait: Sturdy

Stealth Rock
Gyro Ball
Earthquake
Explosion

Spiritomb@Leftovers
Bold (+Def, -Atk)
Trait: Pressure

Will-O-Wisp
Nasty Plot
Calm Mind
Dark Pulse

Blissey@Leftovers
Bold (+Def, -Atk)
Trait: Natural Cure

Softboiled
Thunder Wave
Seismic Toss
Ice Beam

Ludicolo@Leftovers
Bold (+Def, -Atk)
Trait: Rain Dish

Toxic
Surf
Protect
Leech Seed

RadiataAlchemist

ShattrdNghtmare
I really don't care how cranky you are, if a Pokemon needs a breeding move to be good, that's what I'm going to tell you. To what extent you follow my advice is your call.

Forretress@Leftovers
Impish / Sturdy
-Toxic Spikes/Stealth Rock
-Iron Defense
-Gyro Ball
-Explosion

Spiritomb@Leftovers
Sassy / Pressure
-Spite
-Toxic
-Calm Mind
-Dark Pulse

Blissey@Leftovers
Calm/Careful / Natural Cure
-Thunder Wave
-Soft Boiled
-Heal Bell/Aromatherapy
-Seismic Toss

Ludicolo@Leftovers
Bold / Rain Dish
-Rain Dance
-Leech Seed
-Surf
-Giga Drain

Kingler@Life Orb
Adamant / Hyper Cutter
-Crabhammer
-Brick Break
-Rock Slide
-Return

Crobat@Black Sludge
Hasty / Inner Focus
-Air Slash
-U-Turn
-Confuse Ray
-Zen Headbutt

For the future, actually post a moveset for all of your pokemon and don't post their stats it takes up a lot of unnecesary room. We know the tendencies of the Pokemon and that's enough to know what moveset they should have.

OBSESSED WITH PKNM

I'M BACK...MISS ME?
that would require me to start from the begining with most of them and i don't wount to change theyr'e abillitys and i just wont some moves that would cause a lot of statuse problems and would get theyre hp down quiker. i also under stand ware you r comeing from to but i don't really have the time to really re treain a new team.

OBSESSED WITH PKNM

I'M BACK...MISS ME?
a little slow on the typing and thinking

also my pokemon don't have those abilitys they have the other ones like sereces grace for blissey and swift swim for ludicolo

RadiataAlchemist

ShattrdNghtmare
I knowwhere you are coming from. I don't have the time either, which is why I invested in an Action Replay. Yes, it's cheating, but I don't use it to do anything that could not be done legit with a longer process. In other words, I only do things you could do without cheating, I just have a life to tend to outside of Pokemon so it speeds up the process.

If you don't like that, then just give them what move you can and then fill the other spots with whatever you can.

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
zoMG h3 m3nt1i0n3d 4c710n r3pl4y!

I completely understand why though. Abilities and Natures don't take long, it's those damn IVs.

RadiataAlchemist

ShattrdNghtmare
Breeding for moves, IVs and natures all at the same time is hard enough on it's own. Then, if you're looking for a certain Hidden Power or the pokemon has more than one ability and you need it to have one of them in particular that just adds to the grief.

I'm actually not that ashamed to say I use an Action Replay. Sure, on one hand I'd like to make up these teams legit and say I put in the work, but I'm rather happy that I can say I have enough of a real life that I don't have the time to do so without it taking a year to finish a team.

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
I forgot all about Hidden Power. Yeah, I'd definitely say if you're breeding for a certain hidden power just use an AR.

RadiataAlchemist

ShattrdNghtmare
Especially when the team is In-Game. Your not hurting anybody In-Game. If you are using the AR to get a Pokemon with perfect IVs in all 6 stats and putting it online with moves it shouldn't be able to know, then you're a jacka**. Not to mention I believe if you do that Nintendo notices and turns the Pokemon into "Bad Eggs" or something of that nature making them unusable ever again.

OBSESSED WITH PKNM

I'M BACK...MISS ME?
i have AR but i don't really know how to use it since i don't really work very well with technoligy very well but i do know a lot about breeding pokemon so they have better moves but i don't wont to start from the begining since it takes up too much time. so i've been trying to fixe the team thats on my trainer card bellow. tell me if i should have taken them out.

metagross:gental
clearbody

hyper beam
hammer arm
mereor mash
psychic

wailord:timid
water veil

blizzard
hydro pump
bounce
water spout

...and orkoal..the torkoal:calm
white smoke

fire blast
sludge bomb
heat wave
flamethrower

so i was trying out different pokemon out to see if they would make better but it didn't work out so well and know i'm up a wall. so my original team with the same moves are the ones on the trainer card tell me what you think of them?

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
You have some rebreeding to do.

Wailard@Choice Scarf
Hasty (+Spd, -Def)
Trait: Water Veil

Water Spout
Ice Beam
HP Grass
Selfdestruct

Metagross@Leftovers
Adamant (+Atk, -Sp. Atk)
Trait: Clear Body

Agility
Meteor Mash
Earthquake/Thunder Punch/Fire Punch
Explosion

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Torkoal
Calm Nature
~Flamethrower/Heat Wave
~Sludge Bomb
~Rest
~Sleep Talk

The best I can do with Torkoal.....

Crobat
Adamant Nature
~Brave Bird
~Cross Poison
~Steel Wing
~Return/U-Turn

Crobat
Modest Nature
~Sludge Bomb
~Air Slash
~Shadow Ball/Giga Drain
~Nasty Plot/Hypnosis

Last edited:

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
Torkoal really needs Trick Room support. Wailard wouldn't mind it either, but Crobat is really messing the Trick Room theory up.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Torkoal @ Life Orb
Nature:Calm
Moves:
Curse
Trick Room
Explosion
Overheat/Flamethrower

This set will make you go first because of Trick Room(be sure to use it on faster foes).Curse will not lower your speed because of Trick Room(if it is in effect).

OBSESSED WITH PKNM

I'M BACK...MISS ME?
can torcal learn trick room? because i checked and he can't, but i was wondering if you can segjest some other pokemon to put on the team instead of wailord, torkoal, metagross,fortress,spirtomb, and i gesse ludicolo can go..blissey stays.. i was just tring to come up with a stratagy so i can get the oponents hp down quiker thats why i tryed to put in fortress and spirtomb..., because i have other pokemon that i was going to origially put in. like my magmortor or my tocikiss and others...these are theyr stats..

magmortor:calm
flame body/charcol
+ on all of his stats..worked hard on him

fire blast
spychic
thunderpunch or bolt
focus blast

togekiss:gental
serence grace(like blissey)
+sp.def -atk

air slash or extreem speed
ice beam
aura sphere
flame thrower

(forgot crobats atk's)
giga drain
steel wing
cross poisin
air slash

and thats what i got tell me if good..yes

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Magmortar @ Heat Rock
Modest Nature
~Flamethrower
~Solarbeam
~Sunny Day
~Thunderbolt

Magmortar
Modest Nature
~Flamethrower
~Thunderbolt
~Focus Blast
~Psychic

Togekiss
Modest/Timid/Calm Nature
~Nasty Plot
~Baton Pass/Flamethrower
~Air Slash
~Aura Sphere

I already give the Crobat set in my above post.

Astral Archer

Gatekeeper
Torkoal can't learn trick room azeem so you will need someone else for trick room like bronzong, slowbro, claydol, etc.
I would say use Shiny Trainer's set but ill give you my idea...

Torkoal@ Leftovers
Relaxed/Sassy
~Toxic/ Will-O-Wisp/ Yawn
~Lava Plume/Flamethrower
~Rock Slide
~Sludge Bomb

*shrugs*
Your choice

randomn00b

Arcane Trainer
Torkoal@Leftovers
Relaxed (+Def, -Spd)