• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Help with title?

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
Clearly that is all i want help with, the title. the team is just a random filler so that Reno doesn't infract me.[/sarcasm]
This is a UU team i decided to make to try and actually do well in that environment, even though i'm a noob in it, the main problem is i usually have to sacrifice something to Kill off a fighting type, since my only resistances are Espeon and Altaria, not the bulkiest things ever.

424.png

Ambipom@Life Orb
-Technician
-Jolly
6HP/252Atk/252Spe
-Fake Out
-U-turn
-Double Hit
-Taunt

My Lead I start with fake out then use u-turn to scout my opponent, very helpful in getting a good start in the battle, though I am open to any suggestions to replace him. Double hit breaks subs and has the same base power as return; Taunt is to stop leads setting up, Payback used to be there, but i found i didn't really need the coverage. Unfortunately he elevates my fighting weakness, though he can’t really take an attack in the first place so I don’t suppose it matters.

359.png

Absol@LifeOrb
-Superluck
-Naïve
12HP/4Def/252Atk/240Spe
-Sucker Punch
-Superpower
-Fire Blast
-Psycho Cut

My Revenge Killer and kinda physical sweeper, moves are self explanatory, except for psycho cut which is used to kill of the fighting types switching in to take my STAB’s. The Ev’s look a bit random but the HP gives minimum LO recoil (if I’ve figured it out right), and the Speed outruns neutral Heracross, the Def EV’s are just random.

196.png

Espeon@ChoiceSpecs
-Synchronize
-Timid
6Hp/252SpA/252Spe
-Psychic
-Shadow ball
-Signal Beam/Hidden Power Fighting
-Trick

My Special sweeper, plays a lot like a UU alakazam but can actually take a hit without dying. Moves are again self-explanatory except for Signal beam, which is there to deal with Dark Types, without having to lower my stats (HP fighting) though if given enough reason I will change it. Espeon was always my favourite Eevee evolution and I think he’s a great UU special sweeper, his base 130 SpA puts a dent in everything, especially Specs boosted.

350.png

Milotic@Leftovers
-MarvelScale
-Calm
-212Hp/160Def/136SpD
-Rest
-SleepTalk
-Dragon Pulse
-Surf

My own set for Restalk milotic, seeing as though she’s meant to tank I thought perfect UU coverage (no shedinja doesn’t count) would be better than to hit specific things harder so I went with Dragon pulse, I’m considering using Hydro pump over surf since milotic can afford to miss and Sleep talk will be using hydro pump more than me using the actual move, so PP shouldn’t be an issue. Ev’s are max Lefties recovery along with a jump point in SpD and 353 Def while under status.

208.png
<--damn second gen Artwork looks crap, can't wait till HG SS art :D
Steelix@Leftovers
-Sturdy
-Impish
244HP/56Def/52Atk/156SpD
-EarthQuake
-Explosion
-Stealth Rock
-Roar

My physical wall and phazer. The Ev’s give a lefties point, a jump point in Def, 219Atk and 205SpD, although the Ev’s I think need some work, but unless someone gives me a good reason I am not planning on investing anymore into Def, since it’s already big enough, though I may need some more EV’s in Atk, but I’m not sure what I’ll be aiming to KO. Earthquake hits hard on the fire types that switch into steelix often, and is a good reliable STAB move. Explosion is to go out with a bang, and since steelix can’t heal he might as well kill something before he dies. Stealth rock and Roar pick up some good residual damage and also make steelix a great switch in for the majority of Physical set up sweepers.

334.png

Altaria@Lum Berry
-Natural Cure
-Adamant
72Hp/252Atk/184Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Roost

My physical sweeper, lum berry is mainly to recover from outrage confusion, though it lets me stay in against WoW’ing Fire types to kill with +1 EQ, Ev’s outspeed timid/jolly Persian after a DD, though they’re probably outdated since no one uses Persian anymore. Roost is for healing, since altaria's quite bulky, and lum berry handles the status end of things (well once anyways), so lum berry and roost work quite well for survivabillity.

Please help me with this team, since whenever i post UU teams they very rarely get a lot of rates, but i'm hoping this one will.​

Last edited:

H3R0

LordHotstuff
Diggin The Team Draco.
I Would Run Roost Over Fire Blast For Altaria(Thats Just Me)
Thats The Only Thing I Recommend
Other Than That, Good Team

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
Pokémon can't kill or die, only faint.

Take out works better.

oh god it's the voice of idiotic obviousness again.
what the hell do you mean by "Take out works better"?

@H3RO, any particular reason why roost over fire blast? and thanks :D

H3R0

LordHotstuff
@H3RO, any particular reason why roost over fire blast? and thanks :D
Now For Me, Its Just For It To Survive When You Your Running With So Much Power In Altaria. You Already Run Outrage And EQ(Which Are Really Wonderful Moves) Running Roost Will Make It Stay Longer And Deal Massive Damage With DD.
Follow? Thats What I Believe.

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
Now For Me, Its Just For It To Survive When You Your Running With So Much Power In Altaria. You Already Run Outrage And EQ(Which Are Really Wonderful Moves) Running Roost Will Make It Stay Longer And Deal Massive Damage With DD.
Follow? Thats What I Believe.

yeah and i guess it works in sync with lum berry allowing it to stay in longer.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Yes but that was not the point. The point was pokémon can not die in a battle. Even if it took a million points of damage, it would only faint. And yes, Cubone carry the skull of their dead mother even if you breed it.

My original point was a Steelix's Explosion doesn't kill a pokémon. It makes it faint, knocks it out, takes it out, KO's it or whatever you want to put it but it does not kill it.

And please Gren Draco: be civilized.

I think you should learn from your mistakes that are scattered across this forum.

Trick on a Specs set?
But there's no Blissey to worry about in UU, anyway. So use something else (i think)

That's all i can do, as i find no other lead that resists fighting.

calum

Banned
Ambipom@Life Orb
-Technician
-Jolly
6HP/252Atk/252Spe
-Fake Out
-U-turn
-Double Hit
-Payback

My Lead I start with fake out then use u-turn to scout my opponent, very helpful in getting a good start in the battle, though I am open to any suggestions to replace him. Double hit breaks subs and has the same base power as return; Payback hits mismagius and other ghosts. Unfortunately he elevates my fighting weakness, though he can’t really take an attack in the first place so I don’t suppose it matters.

K, over Double Hit Taunt please. Knock Off could work over payback as Knock Off does 2HKO Mismagius.

SD over Fireblast on Absol coul work.

If youre worried about Fighting types Slowbro works over Milotic

And Celebus . . .

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
I think you should learn from your mistakes that are scattered across this forum.

Trick on a Specs set?
But there's no Blissey to worry about in UU, anyway. So use something else (i think)

That's all i can do, as i find no other lead that resists fighting.

Trick has been used every match on a bothersome wall, and has worked to my advantage, so i'm not swapping him out.

@calum i'd rather have absol able to hit multiple threats, i already have altaria to set up. why use taunt over double hit? all the UU leads i've faced have been either counter sash or agressive, and double hit is used rather a lot, to kill off sweepers late game. if i used slowbro i can't reliably take special hits.

@Zenotwapal, absol also have stone edge and night slash for super luck abuse.

@everyone, please ignore Celebus, he is clearly an idiot.

Reno

so adorable...
Posting to say I have deleted all of the pointless posts.

Celebus: please don't post such pointless information. NO THEY FAINT doesn't help the team in the slightest. Faint=kill=knock-out=finish, whatever. It all means the same thing.

Everyone else: don't respond to it. Just report the post as spam.

calum

Banned
Its just because you'll find that the UU metagame is filled for Stall Teams and Taunt is youre only way to stop them. Taunt could go over Payback then

Drummer Tom

NU/UU Connoisseur
On ambipom maybe you could try giving him a toxic orb, and facade instead of double hit.

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
Its just because you'll find that the UU metagame is filled for Stall Teams and Taunt is youre only way to stop them. Taunt could go over Payback then

Payback helps with ghosts though "/
damn ambipom having 4 moveslot syndrome, i'll try it over double hit and then over payback, see which works best.
@Drummer Tom i'd rather have life orb powering up all my moves than toxic orb poering up one, and double hit breaks subs as well.

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
Oooph. Time to give me a rate here!

-I say keep HP Fighting on Espeon, as it also allows him to get the smackdown on the Steel and Rock type Pokemon.

That's actually all I can see to change! nice team!

lucarioman64

If you're wondering what to put on ambipom's 4th moveslot you can always try an Elemental punch for coverage.
besides that really nice team!

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
my team has the most random weakness ever: Kabutops.
i cannot take it down, nothing can switch into it and wall all it's moves and pose a threat, it owns me, at best i can revenge kill it, but even that is quite hard due to Aqua Jet.

@gingbino11, yeah i found signal beam to give pretty redundant coverage, it was mainly for a stronger hit on Dark types, i forgot fighting hits dark SE too. Brain farts ftw.
@lucarioman64, Taunt is more helpful for shutting down other leads, it doesn't really need coverage, thanks for the rate :)