• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Help! Yu-Gi-Oh Problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nagi Souichiro

Hiya, I'm thinking of starting to play Yu-Gi-Oh, and I decided to buy this starter decks, I think one of them's warriors and one of them's zombies. Oh while browsing, I also saw a deck about dragons, fire and water. I don't know what to buy since I have no knowledge in playing the game (I'm gonna learn though!)

So....any recommendations?

Thnx in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
M

~-=Mewtwo=-~

Manage getting a Dark Hole... It would prove useful... And a magician of Faith... And a Swords of Revealing Light... Those would help you the most probably M/T/Effect-wise...

XyronTheFalcon

I'm Back? YAY!
Dark Hole is on the verge of restriction...or they say....Buy a water or fire one...as a begginer..you can make use of the field cards in the fire and water ones....once you are more experienced..consider buying the spellcasters deck..coming in january..or/and....The Earth based deck which should see an american release before June next year...good luck..and you live in singapore...maybe we could duel...

Luigi

XyronTheFalcon said:
Buy a water or fire one...as a begginer..you can make use of the field cards in the fire and water ones.
what!?!Get the Warriors one for it comes with cards never even thought of to put in a deck before.Or just wait for the Magicians deck in January.I swear the day I bought Warriors I had my deck come into a new era.Just trust me.

R

rsano33

definetly get the warriors and the spellcaster one coming in january
i wish i had those when i was startin our

also
try buying an elemental energy booster box
the 4 promos are amazing

Shadow the Hedgehog

DON'T F$#@ WITH ME!
Go for warrior's. It's has a decent deck speed and has some strong cards.

Silver Arrow

i like bagels :D
Yeah, go for the Warrior Triumph. One flaw is the Warrior Elimination card though.

Warrior > Fire, Water, Dragon, Zombie
Speed is for Zombies.

R

rsano33

yea zombies is decent if u get some neccesary cards and some better magic and trap

onix lord

Meh Zombies isnt all that great. And plus, if you want to add on to it then the one you should get is Warrior's Triumph, because in most sets Warriors are alot more common to get than fire, water, zombies, and sometimes dragons. So I'd have to agree with most of the other people here and say to go with Warrior's Triumph.

Little_Pikachu

With Action Amusing!
When they were frist released my friend and I got the Dragon and zombie ones, I used the Zombie one and he couldn't get a hit in. Zombie > Dragon. Warrior decks are getting too common these days, if you want a bit of individuality I'd steer clear. Being new you'd probably be better off with one of the starter decks than a structure deck, the structure decks are really only good for building up a certain type of deck, where as the starter decks give you a bit of variety to see what you like.

PokeMasta

Kick ***!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well I have Dragon, Water and Fire. But my best is dragon of the 3

Phaedra

IS THAT PAM GRIER??
In terms of playability straight out of the box, the Zombie Madness Structure Deck > everything else, hands down. It only needs a few tweaks to become competitive.

If you want the base to a truly competitive deck, though, get the Warrior Structure and 2 Spirit Reapers, a Dark Hole, at least 1 Mobius the Frost Monarch and 2-3 Sakuretsu Armors, amongst other things. Be prepared to trade quite a bit for the high-end cards you'll need, though; most of them run in the $20-ish range (meaning they're quite valuable and difficult to trade for). These include D.D. Assailant, Don Zaloog (and this one's iffy), Cyber Dragon, and Breaker the Magical Warrior. Though keep in mind Breaker will be reprinted in the upcoming Spellcaster's Judgement Structure and there may be a chance of seeing an easier-to-get Cyber Dragon reprint down the road if the pattern of releases holds.

Alfonso

Derpgull
Vagabond Aeon said:
If you want the base to a truly competitive deck, though, get the Warrior Structure and 2 Spirit Reapers, a Dark Hole, at least 1 Mobius the Frost Monarch and 2-3 Sakuretsu Armors, amongst other things. Be prepared to trade quite a bit for the high-end cards you'll need, though; most of them run in the $20-ish range (meaning they're quite valuable and difficult to trade for). These include D.D. Assailant, Don Zaloog (and this one's iffy), Cyber Dragon, and Breaker the Magical Warrior. Though keep in mind Breaker will be reprinted in the upcoming Spellcaster's Judgement Structure and there may be a chance of seeing an easier-to-get Cyber Dragon reprint down the road if the pattern of releases holds.

That's why I'm glad I run an Insect only deck. :p Can't have things like Breaker, so I don't have to fork out to get them. XD I need one for my Angel themed deck though. (It's obviously not an angel, or even a fairy, but still. He can be a Warrior of Justice or something.)

If you wanted a shiny Breaker, there's one if Master Collection Vol. 2, which I bought the other week. :p (Which means I now have a Breaker, plus a Guardian Angel Joan which I needed from the packs. ^^)

A

Alcadiaz

The easiest one to use, since you are just begging would probably be the Zombie or Fire. I've gotten all decks you listed except for Warrior. Trust me, I have the knowlegde, i've been playing for about 4 or 5 years. Plus it would also help if you boght some booster packs. Those are probably the best when just stating. If you have any other question feel free to PM me. =)

Alfonso

Derpgull
Forget Booster packs, since you most likely don't know what you're looking for. Try to find a place or someone (Like a friend.) that sells single cards.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Alfonso said:
Forget Booster packs, since you most likely don't know what you're looking for. Try to find a place or someone (Like a friend.) that sells single cards.
Either that, or try going for DB2 packs if you want to get packs. Not only do they have tips for newbies, but they have pretty good cards.

chaoslord

Not...Pigeons....
well duh there's a problem, the game is YGO...what do you expect? heh.

anyways, I'd suggest zombies. zombies = awesome

warrior has better cards though, if youre actually looking for something good.

nothing against zombies, overall card quality for warriors is just better

A

Alcadiaz

Alfonso said:

What do you mean forget boosters? How the heck are you supposed to build a deck without them? Don't just go out spending a ton of money on singels when you can get 6 commons and a rare/super rare/ etc. for something around $2.50 to about $3.50.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Alcadiaz said:
What do you mean forget boosters? How the heck are you supposed to build a deck without them? Don't just go out spending a ton of money on singels when you can get 6 commons and a rare/super rare/ etc. for something around $2.50 to about $3.50.
Well, what are the odds that you'll pull the card you want?

IMO, singles are better. Too bad my parents don't let me buy singles...

A

Alcadiaz

Yes, but once again singles cost alot more. Unless you go to

http://yugiohetc.com/

They still cost alot, not as much as your local comic shop (atleast mine), but it's probably the best you'll get. They have packs, deck protectors, deck boxes, tins, boxes, singles, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.