• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Helpful programs Ver. 3.0

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date

PokeMaster700

Got Arceus lol :)
I'm guessing that means post stuff here. <_<;

Well, I have a nifty little program that I use called Paint.NET, it probably isn't quite as powerful as GIMP, I never tried GIMP, but for people looking for something basic, and not scary it's nice. I rather like the program for doing my linearts, and I managed to figure most of it out all by myself. If you are having some issues there are tutorials on the forums for the site. There is a lot of potential in this little thing. There are Plugins but they aren't necesary by any means. I'd recammend it, but I have no clue whether or not if it can do transparencies. <_< I use another free program for that. :p
Link: http://paint.net/

Positives:
So simple a Kujo could do it.
Layers!
One of those nice colour wheel thingies, or make your own colours, either or.
Unlimited Undo
Simple controls
You can have a fairly large palette.
You can rearrange the placement of your layers, palette, tools, ect... So nothing is in your way.

Negatives:
I'm not exactly sure how the paint bucket tool works. o_O
Probably not the most powerful thing on the block...
The line/curve tools aren't quite as sharp as in MSPaint, meaning there is some blurring around the edges.

Overall: I rather like it, it's neat, and not scary at all. I can't say the same for Photoshop Elements, boy that one's scary!

The blurring can be solved by turning off anti alising. The paint bucket tool uses the tolerance bar, which is default at 50%. By reducing it you can control things such as filling in the grey wont touch black etc.

Hope I Helped.

PokeMaster700

Got Arceus lol :)

Ithanul

Some nice programs for video games and graphic cards.

Nvidia Inspector: Great little tool for forcing extra types of AA and other graphic options, plus reads out driver and hardware information
MSI Afterburner: Works for both AMD and Nvidia cards, allows for fan control and overclocking, plus displaying temp, FPS, etc. in game
RadeonPro: Allows extra types of AA, plus overclocking, advanced types of V-Sync, and many other features.

SweetFX: Powerful program for adding extra AA, changing things like bloom, saturation, effects, etc. May not work on certain games though.

Not sure if anybody on here folds, but if interested.

F@H (Fold at Home): Allows folding on CPU & GPU. Warning: This will make them run at full 100% load, which can get pretty toasty for the parts unless properly cooled. Great way to stress test though.