• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Heracross

Buck The Bidoof Masta

No HM Slaves Here
BeetleBeetleBeetle

I love Heracross to the fullest, almost as much as my slogan pokemon, Charizard and Sceptile. Your damn right this will be one of my more fanboyish posts ^_____^

So, what do you guys think of Hera when we saw him against Spencer(?) in the battle frontier?

Though he fell fast, I was very surprised to hear Ash call for a Megahorn. That was win in my book.

So let me get to the point: The very next time we see the Beetle on steroids, what new moves do you think he will have? Also, do you think he will do well against whatever he fights?

i think, barring Staravia/Staraptor and Chimchar/Ferno/Ape learning it, I think he will have.....Close Combat.

Discuss?

Heracross is like the Kingler/Muk/Tauros/Snorlax/Donphan/Glalie/Gliscor variety.

The wild card that isn't part of Ash's traditional grass/fire/water/flyer that he has every gen.

He's basically a strong back-up Pokemon that only gets used like once every 150+ episodes in Ash's big battles.

-Hayward-

Ronin Harrier
I agree with you, TC, Close Combat is sweet, Heracross is sweeter, but Heracross with Close Comat would be sweetest!

Sadly though, I, too, forsee him being subjected to the same horrendous treatment as Ash's other heavy hitters... anonymity! Oh the cruelty and the injustice of it all...

At least well always have the BF...

*sighs*

Isis-sama

Honestly, the most I've been thinking about any Heracross lately is hoping that we don't see one belonging to Jun in any subsequent episodes like he has in the DP games - I know it sucks that we almost never got to see Heracross under Ash's command, even when he first caught it, but it would be just too weird to have Jun have one too. Or at least that's what I think.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
I agree; Heracross is an awesome user who really doesn't get enough love. The next time he appears, he will no doubt show off his awesome new ability - Virtual Horn. Tired of generic attacks with the word "Horn" in it? Well, then good news for you! With Virtual Horn, Heracross can successfully navigate the network channels of the World Wide Web and strike a foe, or in this case, the average SPPf user, with his horny mightiness. The attack is also accompanied by a 30% chance of paralysis, but also hits with recoil.

Heracross

Custom User Title
I bet you can't guess who my favorite pokémon is. :p

Hera's appearence in the battle frontier was certainly a nice surprise, especially the epic closing shot of him standing with Oosubame and Jukain, together some of the top powerhouses in Satoshi's arsenal. Of course I would have liked to see him do better against Ukon, but it did balance out his wonderful performance in the Jouto championships, taking a fire blast point blank to the face from Shigeru's Boober and still coming out on top.

Naturally I wish we could have seen more of Heracross in his home region, but then again the fact that he's seen any use at all after that saga is more than can be said for most of Satoshi's Jouto roster.
I agree; Heracross is an awesome user who really doesn't get enough love. The next time he appears, he will no doubt show off his awesome new ability - Virtual Horn. Tired of generic attacks with the word "Horn" in it? Well, then good news for you! With Virtual Horn, Heracross can successfully navigate the network channels of the World Wide Web and strike a foe, or in this case, the average SPPf user, with his horny mightiness. The attack is also accompanied by a 30% chance of paralysis, but also hits with recoil.
HERACROSS used MEGAHAX!
A critical hit!
It's super-effective!
Foe SEREBII fainted!
HERACROSS gained 1 post count!

Last edited:

~Magic Thunderbolt~

BeetleBeetleBeetle

I love Heracross to the fullest, almost as much as my slogan pokemon, Charizard and Sceptile. Your damn right this will be one of my more fanboyish posts ^_____^

So, what do you guys think of Hera when we saw him against Spencer(?) in the battle frontier?

Though he fell fast, I was very surprised to hear Ash call for a Megahorn. That was win in my book.

So let me get to the point: The very next time we see the Beetle on steroids, what new moves do you think he will have? Also, do you think he will do well against whatever he fights?

i think, barring Staravia/Staraptor and Chimchar/Ferno/Ape learning it, I think he will have.....Close Combat.

Discuss?

And add Night Slash for perfect pwnage.

Ep.ic. Win.

Buck The Bidoof Masta

No HM Slaves Here
Hera love is all around lol

I bet you can't guess who my favorite pokémon is. :p

Hera's appearence in the battle frontier was certainly a nice surprise, especially the epic closing shot of him standing with Oosubame and Jukain, together some of the top powerhouses in Satoshi's arsenal. Of course I would have liked to see him do better against Ukon, but it did balance out his wonderful performance in the Jouto championships, taking a fire blast point blank to the face from Shigeru's Boober and still coming out on top.

Naturally I wish we could have seen more of Heracross in his home region, but then again the fact that he's seen any use at all after that saga is more than can be said for most of Satoshi's Jouto roster.

HERACROSS used MEGAHAX!
A critical hit!
It's super-effective!
Foe SEREBII fainted!
HERACROSS gained 1 post count!

who are you a fan of? lol j/k

Last edited by a moderator:

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
I think that the writers didn't do justice with Heracross in the battle with Spencer. They should've let Swellow take the loss, and Heracross the win. It's not like I hate Swellow, but I love all flying types, but Heracross should've done more in that battle.

fishyfool

And a nice chianti
Heracross has to be awesome. He'll be lost in a nearby plothole if Ash gets his Sinnoh fighter, be it the loved monkey or the ja...

exactly.

shac

Heracross is one cool pokemon. A powerhouse. Can beat almost everyone.

The point is that it need more battles. It is like the strongest Bug type Ash haves.

Ash only has one bug type in his roster. Butterfree was released.

I want it to come out with some good fighting type attack-focus blast/vacuum wave/reversal/revenge....Also a random rock type attack like stone edge or rock slide would be cool.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Well, we have the Battle Frontier and maybe the Elite Four to come. I hope we do see Heracross again. Maybe he should discover a new addiction- licking Croagunk- which would obviously lead to hilarious hallucinations

Buck The Bidoof Masta

No HM Slaves Here
Well, we have the Battle Frontier and maybe the Elite Four to come. I hope we do see Heracross again. Maybe he should discover a new addiction- licking Croagunk- which would obviously lead to hilarious hallucinations

Id love to see him lick Coragunk and then he got high lol

~Magic Thunderbolt~

Heracross is one cool pokemon. A powerhouse. Can beat almost everyone.

The point is that it need more battles. It is like the strongest Bug type Ash haves.

It is stronger than Butterfree. It survived a Fire Blast(or was it Flamethrower?) from a Magmar no less.

Id love to see him lick Coragunk and then he got high lol

This is a kids show; do you think they'd show addiction?

Buck The Bidoof Masta

No HM Slaves Here
Im well aware, but it would be funny, thus why i said it.