• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Heralds of the North Wind (CRMT)

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
Spot the theme naming lololol

This team peaked at 79th on /tr/'s PO server. It's slowly slipping because I don't battle with it these days, trying to be as pimp as possible.

642.png

Borutorosu (Thunderhead) @ Focus Sash
Timid / Mischievous Heart
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SAtk / 184 Spd
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Change
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Currently one of the best leads in the game. Taunt combined with Mischievous Heart is a recipe for success in my book, and Thunder Wave cripples offensive leads. Volt Change is a nice way to scout out my opponent's team, and HP [Ice] allows me to smash Dragons, Grass-types and Ground-types in the face.

http://i53.*******.com/24wvm6w.png
Shandera (Candle In The Wind) @ Choice Scarf
Timid / Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 SpD / 252 Spd
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Shandera is the best revenge killer in the game, period. I use Flamethrower for reliabilty over Overheat, and Hidden Power [Ice] lets me keep perfect speed and revenge kill some of the slower Dragon-types (SD Garchomp, SD Onono, I think DD Dragonite depending on Speed investment).

245.png

Suicune (North Wind) @ Leftovers
Bold / Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind
- Boil Over

CroCune is getting better and better. Boil Over is a blessing for a SpD-boosting Pokemon like Suicune, who is well-known for tanking all sorts of hits and laughing off its opponents after a few CMs. It has over 1000 Special Defence after 5 Calm Minds.

Spr_5b_286.png

Breloom (Fist Flurry) @ Life Orb
Adamant / Technician
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Def
- Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Stone Edge

Mushroom Kangaroo. No more needs to be said. Except that it's a frigging awesome revenge killer and generally very handy to have around. Stone Edge is because fuck you, Shandera. *sends out Shandera*

485.png

Heatran (Firestorm) @ Balloon
Modest / Flash Fire
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Stealth Rock

Heatran has pretty much always been good, thanks to masisve SpA and a generous movepool. SR is mandatory, Flamethrower and Earth Power get lolwin coverage, and HP [Grass] is a big middle finger to Burungeru and the Water/Ground lobby.

445.png

Garchomp (Sandstorm) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly / Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Dragon Claw

ScarfChomp is as useful as always. Dragon Claw goes in the last slot as a Dragon-type move which stops me being easily revenged. The rest is standard Dragon/Ground fare.

If you're gonna C/P rate, remove the images and my blurbs.

Last edited:

Magnets

Banned
I, the Master rater, have returned!

To be honest, 5th gen is so stupid that I won't even bother looking at this. I can understand how lesser raters might enjoy the novelty of an ability-centred game, but when you reach my level, you realise what a waste of time that kind of thing really is.

Seed Bomb > Bullet Seed. Not sure why you would even consider it. BS is BS.

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
Technician + Bullet Seed does more than Seed Bomb almost all of the time. It's 25 BP in 5th gen. 25 x 1.5 = 37.5, and unless I only get 2 hits, it'll do more damage.

Derp.

wtf 5th gen isn't ability-centred, just unbalanced because testing is still going on. Just like all that 4th Gen stuff about "OMG Rhyperior" and "Weavile is uber" at the first release. Also, if you're going to be an arrogant prick, do it on Smogon. You'll be perfectly at home there.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
Although Magnets is being a bit annoying, there is a problem with how you're running Bullet Seed. Iirc the Life Orb will damage you at the end of every use; you are potentially losing up to 50% of your health with one use.

I'm not too sure about the idea of running two Dragon moves on ScarfChomp; I'd just drop Dragon Claw and replace it with something that adds coverage. It's not like Scarfed Pokemon tend to stay in battle for all that long anyway, so Outrage's confusion 'recoil' probably won't be too troublesome.

Borutorosu / Voltolololololos could probably use a slightly modified EV spread. It's ridiculously nitpicky, but you may want to re-invest 4 EVs from HP into something else to give you an odd HP. On that subject, the same for Shandera if it's got an even HP. I'm not too sure where the 196 Spe will get you, but I'm assuming it's to get you past a Max Spe Base 90, at a guess. Imo you can up this to hit a Base 100 or even 110 if you run a Timid Nature, removing EVs from SpAtk. With Volt Change it's not like it's staying in for very long to do damage anyway, but I'm not sure if there are many Leads around this mark for you to bother with anyway.

Magnets

Banned
@ungulateman: I am not an arrogant prick. I am simply aware of my own brilliance. There's a difference.

@TBR: I cannot understand how anyone could possibly find me "annoying". However, I agree with you on Bullet Seed.

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
"Being aware of your own brilliance"? The fact that you rub your e-penis in everyone's face is why you're arrogant, not the fact that you're okay-to-good at Pokemon. You're not that much of a prick, I suppose.

Bullet Seed doesn't cause multiple recoils. I would have noticed.

Being locked into Outrage is a major problem because it means I can be revenged by Mamoswine or Weavile or any priority move given low enough health. Dragon Claw lets me take out a weakened opponent and switch out of their revenge killer. I tried Aqua Tail, but it didn't achieve anything significant.

Thanks for the help on Borutorosu's EVs. I preferred the extra power but it's sort of unnecessary. Thanks for the tip on running odd HP, as well.

Soroft

Cat and Mouse
Magnets said:
I am simply aware of my own brilliance.

And his failness continues into 5th gen.

ar·ro·gant   /ˈærəgənt/
[ar-uh-guhnt]

–adjective
1. making claims or pretensions to superior importance or rights; overbearingly assuming; insolently proud: an arrogant public official.
2. characterized by or proceeding from arrogance: arrogant claims.

U be trollin'. Badly. Take lessons from AlCario.

Hah, Balloon is the biggest wtf? moment in the game. I love using a Jolteon with it, and watching the Drill Mole people fail. Fire Blast could be used over Flamethrower on Heatran of course, but I can definitely agree with accuracy being priority here.

Garchomp could use Rough Skin, as Sand Veil doesn't do many favors for you, other than the occasional Sandstorm team match-up. Plus, I've heard that it does an awesome job in the newer games, so.

Otherwise, the team has all of the staples that you already know of, so I won't waste space typing how great the synergy is.

Have fun.

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
Rough Skin and Outrage are incompatible.

Also Sand Veil is wonderful for lol evasion.

Soroft

Cat and Mouse
Well, you do have two Dragon moves on it....You could always swap it up and use SD Chomp. Lol evasion doesn't do very much for you anymore, especially now that Sandstorm and Hail teams are dwindling with the rise of Drought and Drizzle teams.

Just saying, that's what I found on PO.

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
I explained the logic of using Dragon Claw above me.

Swords Dance + Choice Scarf = even more lol than Rough Skin.

I hate weather. -_- This team was doing really well, but then the metagame shifted to "LET'S SPAM WATER/ICE MOVES LOLOLOL" with all the rain teams everywhere. It's now who-knows how low on the ladder.

Magnets

Banned
And his failness continues into 5th gen.

ar·ro·gant   /ˈærəgənt/
[ar-uh-guhnt]

–adjective
1. making claims or pretensions to superior importance or rights; overbearingly assuming; insolently proud: an arrogant public official.
2. characterized by or proceeding from arrogance: arrogant claims.

U be trollin'. Badly. Take lessons from AlCario.

If trolling is starting arguments in order to annoy people, then I most certainly am a troll. The backlash I have received from my "arrogant" remarks only skims on the surface of what I am capable of.

You see, I believe the future of this world lies in argument. However, what kind of argument is one without passion, in which everyone agrees with each other? The kind of arguments I see on here, certainly. In a real argument, the failings of both sides are exposed, and when a compromise is reached, it is the best compromise possible. That is why I pretend to hate people so much. So that they, in their hatred of me, will try to pick apart everything I say, and I do likewise to them. That is how real arguments are formed.

Soroft

Cat and Mouse
@ Ungulate - I meant to switch the set up to SD Chomp, I would be out of my mind to suggest otherwise. It was just a suggestion though, so.

Magnets said:
If trolling is starting arguments in order to annoy people, then I most certainly am a troll. The backlash I have received from my "arrogant" remarks only skims on the surface of what I am capable of.

I love how you openly admit to that, when in your own BT thread you were flaming Al for basically the same thing. Not only that, but your sig is a blacklist of trolls, and you tell people not to respond to them. I'm feeling hypocracy in our midst.

You do realize that the second sentence of this makes basically no sense, unless you're claiming that you can troll better than we can reply to your trolling? And that since we're not trolling you at all, that you're saying you can talk so much better?

You see, I believe the future of this world lies in argument. However, what kind of argument is one without passion, in which everyone agrees with each other? The kind of arguments I see on here, certainly. In a real argument, the failings of both sides are exposed, and when a compromise is reached, it is the best compromise possible. That is why I pretend to hate people so much. So that they, in their hatred of me, will try to pick apart everything I say, and I do likewise to them. That is how real arguments are formed.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. Done.

Magnets

Banned
I don't understand... what was wrong with what I just said? Don't you believe that the future of humanity lies in debate? And that the only way to start a debate is to irritate your potential opponents enough so that they will be willing to argue with you? This is all part of my master plan for a better future... now that I've told it to you, how can you not embrace it?

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
Because people agreeing with each other isn't the end of the world and flaming people into action isn't the best way of achieving your goals?

Magnets

Banned
Because people agreeing with each other isn't the end of the world and flaming people into action isn't the best way of achieving your goals?

People agreeing with each other isn't the end of the world. It's the continuation of a depressing, inefficient, conformist society, which is worse. Flaming people and causing them to argue each other is the only way forward.

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
People agreeing with each other isn't the end of the world. It's the continuation of a depressing, inefficient, conformist society, which is worse. Flaming people and causing them to argue each other is the only way forward.

You seem to be living in the wrong kind of society. My entire life has been decidedly not depressing, inefficient (It's human nature to be inefficient on some level. We're never going to be perfect even if we were all like you. *shudders*) or conformist. (Alright, my old school was conformist, but it was an all-boys high school. More arguing would make that worse.)

Any proof making people "argue each other" is the only way forward?

TimmahX

Sadly, Breloom cannot have Bullet seed and technician at the same time, since Bullet Seed it no longer a TM.

But Bullet Seed is an egg move for Breloom, so it can be pulled off. Breed a female Breloom that has Technician with a male Breloom from 4th gen with Bullet Seed and watch the magic happen. :)