• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Here Comes the Sun (Subway Super Singles)

Yeah, I know, most overused RMT pun ever. Anyways, this is a little team that I had some success with in the Super Singles train in Battle Subway. It got to around Round 60 or so before my dadgum game froze. So anyways, onto the team.

038.gif

Ninetales@White Herb
Timid
Drought
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Moves:
-Overheat
-Solarbeam
-HP Ice
-Dark Pulse

Ninetales is mainly there for Sun, but it does a decent job of being an offensive threat as well. Overheat in the Sun is going to hurt regardless of the lack of a boosting item, and the White Herb ensures that I can get the first one off free of charge. One thing I love about Battle Subway is that Tyranitar and Politoed aren't on every other team, so Solarbeam becomes a very viable coverage move. HP Ice helps me handle Dragons and offers nice coverage, and breeding for it wasn't too hard. I really didn't know what to use for the last slot, since I didn't want to try to rely on Hypnosis's terrible accuracy against the AI's hax advantage, despite the usefulness of such a move. I finally chose Dark Pulse because Chandelure is a jerk.

381.gif

Latios@Life Orb
Timid
Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Moves:
-Draco Meteor
-Thunderbolt
-HP Fire
-Memento

Latios mainly just hits stuff, but it's also good at taking on random Ground and Water types that Ninetales lures in. Draco Meteor backed by the Life Orb is going to hurt, I don't care who you are. Thunderbolt rounds out nice coverage and helps beat Waters and Flyers that Blaziken generally hates. I finally got a HP Fire Latios in a trade, and it rounds out perfect coverage, plus it gets pseudo STAB in the Sun. Memento is the best part here. After Latios has done all it needs to, I can just cut the opponent's stats in half and give Blaziken a great setup opportunity.

257.gif

Blaziken@Wide Lens
Adamant
Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Moves:
-Swords Dance
-Hi Jump Kick
-Flare Blitz
-Shadow Claw

My favorite Pokemon, and he sweeps Battle Subway teams with ease in the Sun. After a Swords Dance, nothing much is standing up to a Blaziken's Hi Jump Kick, and Flare Blitz destroys almost everything that can. I used to run LO on Blaze and Expert Belt on Latios, but after nearly losing a match because of a Hi Jump Kick miss, I got paranoid. I chose Shadow Claw for the last move to beat Flash Fire Chandy, who otherwise walls this set into infinity, and because I don't trust Stone Edge in the Subway. This made beating the Subway boss much easier. Protect really isn't needed since Choice Scarf users are pretty rare from what I've seen, and I outspeed pretty much everything after two boosts anyways.

Well, that's about it. It did alright until my stupid game glitched up, but I'd like any and all advice regarding it. Rate away!

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
Everything looks pretty good. A small suggestion could be to change Latios DM to Dragon pulse so you don't get the boost, but the extra power from DM will probably kill anything even after a drop. Just suggested so it might be able to last a bit longer, but you only need to kill 3 pokemon anyway so it doesn't really matter. Calm mind could go over memento if you want to boost your moves.

Everything looks pretty good. A small suggestion could be to change Latios DM to Dragon pulse so you don't get the boost, but the extra power from DM will probably kill anything even after a drop. Just suggested so it might be able to last a bit longer, but you only need to kill 3 pokemon anyway so it doesn't really matter. Calm mind could go over memento if you want to boost your moves.

Thanks for the rate!

I have considered Dragon Pulse over Draco Meteor, but DM is usually better since, like you said, these are just 3 on 3 matches. Latios usually just has to come in, kill something, Memento, and let Blaziken clean up the mess. I also prefer Memento over CM to help Blaziken set up, since he is very frail. However, I have been considering running a MixKen set since Blaziken usually only kills the last Pokemon anyways, so sometimes I don't even have to setup. If I do that and don't run SD anymore, I'll probably run CM on Latios.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Ninetales, drop Overheat for Flamethrower / Fire Blast, and give it Leftovers for more durability, having used a Rain team in the Subway, it gets annoying hen the weather changes.

Latios, drop Meteor for Pulse, unless you run a Specs set instead, which is fine too.

Blaziken, why not try Stone Edge / Rock Slide in the last slot. Still hit Fire types SE, but also Flying types, especially Dragon/Flying that wall Fire and Fighting, not to mention, better SE coverage in tandem with other moves.