• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Here Comes The Trubbish Squad! (671)

turtle twig

If Iris takes his egg, that will just be another nail in the coffin. I don't want another Misty.

However, I have to say that Meguroco's appearance is a little alarming. Maybe if we're lucky, the group will have two of the same pokemon, and Ash has the baby version.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
The kids, the trash bag, and the teacher just irritated me.

If it wasn't for Ash getting an egg, this would have been the most boring episode yet.

Sunglassed Meguroco looked like it wanted Ash to capture it.

I like Stone Edge's ne animation but don't at the same time. The rocks aren't pointy.

Chill92

Lol Megureco blasting off again. Wait a mi-

I think the croc was looking for it's egg by following it's the smell and thought Pikachu was the culprit for some weird reason. It appearing and attacking the group felt very random.
Maybe the egg is a Zuruggu afterall

gliscor&yanmega

Maybe the egg is a Zuruggu afterall

Seriously doubt it. I don't know what was said but Ash was given the egg as a thanks for helping out(I think). So I doubt the writers or Ash himself would just give it to Iris(Assuming Zuruggu will go to her).

The egg is Meguroco I'm 100% certain on it.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I'm thinking that Ash will catch the Meguruco later, and whatever is in the egg (Zuruggu) will hatch to Iris.

Like Togepi in Kanto.

gliscor&yanmega

I'm thinking that Ash will catch the Meguruco later, and whatever is in the egg (Zuruggu) will hatch to Iris.

Like Togepi in Kanto.

Wasn't Togepi randomly found in a fossil dig site? I think in that case it's fine to just hand it to Misty despite being Ash's, but Ash received this egg as a token of thanks.

Like I said, I can't see the writers or Ash just giving an egg to someone when it was used as a token of thanks.

Zuruggu can just be found and caught in a later episode. Besides, the Meguroco we saw Ash with from sketches seemed rather scared of it's surroundings but really close with Ash, that's pretty much the typical baby behavior. Where as Zuruggu was just there not acting scared at all.

garfield15

Digi/Pokemon lover
Well, that was boring. I don't even feel like giving full commentary. I mean, yay, Satoshi got an egg but...meh.

BTW, if I heard it right, the TRio got a fake meteorite to replace the real one?

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
This epi was a little bit boring in the beginning, but I really liked the second half. Something about this episode tells me that I'll like it better when I can fully understand what's going on. I kept making up comments throughout the episode so I think I enjoyed it XD and I find Yabakuron............cute? O.O I liked how they put effort into making a very...revolting? Pokemon cute. I felt bad when those kids were crying at the end, it was sweet. From what I could see it seems like a really interesting episode compared to the others centered at a Children's daycare, I also liked how (almost) everyone contributed to putting away the trash at the end XDD

EDIT: O.O Was I the only one who liked this episode?!

Last edited:

Shneak

Wasn't Togepi randomly found in a fossil dig site? I think in that case it's fine to just hand it to Misty despite being Ash's, but Ash received this egg as a token of thanks.

Like I said, I can't see the writers or Ash just giving an egg to someone when it was used as a token of thanks.

Zuruggu can just be found and caught in a later episode. Besides, the Meguroco we saw Ash with from sketches seemed rather scared of it's surroundings but really close with Ash, that's pretty much the typical baby behavior. Where as Zuruggu was just there not acting scared at all.

Maybe, it's kind of hard to tell from a single sketch. Maybe the Meguroco with glasses is a red herring.

Blitz Lucario

This episode was rather boring. Not much going. I have a feeling that Meguroco will become Ash's in a matter of time. As for the egg it will somehow end up with Iris.

gliscor&yanmega

Just so people know. There was a little preview showing the egg glowing and Ash was the one holding it being all excited more then Iris or Dento...yah that for sure means Iris is getting is(Obvious sarcasm).

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
-Drive-by mudballings are always a good way to start an episode with ~style~
-Glasses Meguroko hath returned!
-Iris is impressed by Pokemon eggs. Ash looks pleased even though he's seen eggs a million times before. Dento is just fab about them.
-tl;dr of the backstory: Kids play in dump, find garbage Pokemon, bring garbagemon back to daycare, aren't allowed to keep it. Also Yabukuron stinks.
-Go go Yaburakon rangers?
-Ash looks oddly compassionate. He's clearly up to something!
-Blah blah wacky kid hijinks blah
-Uh oh, Pikachu's getting pulled at a bit too much...
-Aw, Ash stopped them before they got zapped.
-Oh wait, Ash himself just got zapped. Redemption:earned.
-Hahaha, Yabukuron's trying to be cute.
-And Ash finally gets his hat back.
-TR stuff of the day: JJ&M get delivered a meteorite-esque rock. Exciting!
-Those kids are really, really determined to bend reality and pretend that a living bag of garbage doesn't stink.
-It's glassescroc again! And...it sets its sights on Pikachu and attacks!
-...was that Toxic Spikes? It kind of seemed like it.
-Meguroko is blasting off agaaaaain!
-Now Ash and the teacher are fighting. Because a bunch of kids don't understand why keeping a horrifically smelly Pokemon around is a bad idea. Oh, this show.
-And now the whole junk barrier is in danger of collapsing! Naturally, Yabukuron ends up saving the day.
-Ash getting that egg feels kind of...completely disconnected from the rest of the episode. Other than the half-minute where they showed off the egg room.

Overall, this episode felt pretty filler-ish. It was still entertaining, but if you cut out the minute of TR plot and Ash randomly getting the egg at the end this would be bona fide filler. The writers also seem to be going somewhere with Meguroko, but I can't tell where. It came out of nowhere, attacked Ash for no reason, then got blasted off. Really now...what was that about?

Also, I kept wanting to strangle the kids for being entitled little shits. "What do you mean we can't keep the filthy smelly garbage Pokemon we found in a dump? We're gonna build a treehouse barricaced with junk and throw mud at people and pretend Yabukuron doesn't stink even as we gag from the stench, and we're gonna keep doing it until we can keep the filthbag!"

Lord Ike

Originally I thought Team Rocket was going to be back in this episode and James was going to catch a Yabukuron (since the title made me think there would be more than one.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ash kept both Meguroco and the egg, since he got so many Pokemon in less than twenty episodes.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
TR were alright, but I really hope something comes of these scenes because though their seriousness is a nice change of pace with them, the whole lather, rinse, repeat of their scenes being ' TR in random place, TR is given mission/meets contact, TR scene ends mysteriously ' is getting a bit generic for my taste. Come to think of it, considering that it seems there's more TR agents in Isshu, why are all of these being left up to Jessie, James and Meowth and why are we not getting TR team ups happening with some of these?

What do you think that Flint guy was doing with them?

Sunglassed Meguroco looked like it wanted Ash to capture it.

I like Stone Edge's new animation but don't at the same time. The rocks aren't pointy.

That was Stone Edge wasn't it? Then I think it's almost certain Ash will get this Meguroko. The fact that it's been shot away is another clue that it will be returning, and it already showed the notion of getting Ash's attention by attacking Pikachu.

Like I said, I can't see Ash just giving an egg to someone when it was used as a token of thanks.

Togepi was an egg that Ash found in his arms when he woke up from Jigglypuff's song. Then the entire group, including Meowth held a tournament to see who would keep Togepi. Ash won Togepi, but the thing chose to go with Misty. Giving had nothing to do with it. Ash fought for Togepi and put more effort in then he did in this episode. Ash did basically nothing. He stood up to the teacher, and began to fight her, but even that battle didn't end!

Zuruggu, if it's in the egg, could choose to be with Iris, just like Togepi did... Ash will not be giving anything away, but if this pokemon chooses to be with Iris, then there's little, rather nothing, he can do about it.

We have one picture of Zuruggu.. And as far as we know, this Meguroko has pretty eccentric means of handling.. That said, it was Ash who first recognized the Meguroko as the one from before. That means something, just as it being so abruptly blasted away..

That being said, in either that BWspoiler video that recently popped up, or a different extended preview I saw Iris grabbing the egg. That means she's more then interested in it, and that could mean nothing, or everything...

-Ash getting that egg feels kind of...completely disconnected from the rest of the episode. Other than the half-minute where they showed off the egg room.

Overall, this episode felt pretty filler-ish. It was still entertaining, but if you cut out the minute of TR plot and Ash randomly getting the egg at the end this would be bona fide filler. The writers also seem to be going somewhere with Meguroko, but I can't tell where. It came out of nowhere, attacked Ash for no reason, then got blasted off. Really now...what was that about?

I completely agree with you on this one. It felt like a filler and at the end I just raised my shoulders and went: 'well at least he got that egg thing now'..

Originally I thought Team Rocket was going to be back in this episode and James was going to catch a Yabukuron (since the title made me think there would be more than one.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ash kept both Meguroco and the egg, since he got so many Pokemon in less than twenty episodes.

Did anyone else notice that Team Rocket were at a Subway station? Could they be that far away from Ash and the group already? I mean they were told to go to Resort Desert after all!

Ow, and I guess the correct estimation would be: 'since he got so many Pokemon in less than ten episodes.

Last edited:

Shneak

Okay, I watched the episode. Not bad. This season is really good for being the first in a saga (normally they aren't imo).

I like how Ash bonded with the kids. We don't normally see that. Kind of cool. And of course, Team Rocket being badass.

I'm still confused as hell about Meguroco and the egg. I guess we all are though.

Moltanic

OTTER MODE ACTIVATE!
O.O Was I the only one who liked this episode?!
I was wondering the same thing, I thoroughly enjoyed the episode. The ending with Yabakuron using sludge to clear away all the junk put a huge smile on my face and Meguroko getting blasted off made me start laughing. It was by no means perfect, but I'd still give it a B+

Blitz Lucario

Ok what was Ash even doing helping the kids in the first place. And I wonder what Meguroco was working for when it appeared?

Blitz Lucario

Ok what was Ash even doing helping the kids in the first place. And I wonder what Meguroco was working for when it appeared?

dman_dustin

-tl;dr of the backstory: Kids play in dump, find garbage Pokemon, bring garbagemon back to daycare, aren't allowed to keep it. Also Yabukuron stinks.
-Those kids are really, really determined to bend reality and pretend that a living bag of garbage doesn't stink.
-Now Ash and the teacher are fighting. Because a bunch of kids don't understand why keeping a horrifically smelly Pokemon around is a bad idea. Oh, this show.

Also, I kept wanting to strangle the kids for being entitled little shits. "What do you mean we can't keep the filthy smelly garbage Pokemon we found in a dump? We're gonna build a treehouse barricaced with junk and throw mud at people and pretend Yabukuron doesn't stink even as we gag from the stench, and we're gonna keep doing it until we can keep the filthbag!"

According to Dogasu: The reason why Yuri didn't want to keep Yabukuron was because she knows it eats garbage and was afraid it was going to eat the children's toys that might be left hanging around.

So basically the teacher was being petty and selfish because she was afraid toys were going to be eaten and thus have crying kids on her hands.

That's right this whole thing revolved around the possibility Yabukuron was going to eat some toys.

Kricketot

Dunsparce Trainer
Overall, I liked the episode.

The colors of the egg seem close-ish to Yooterii's, no?

It seems unlikely that he'll have a Zuruggu...