• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Here Comes The Trubbish Squad! (671)

Kricketot

Dunsparce Trainer
Overall, I liked the episode.

The colors of the egg seem close-ish to Yooterii's, no?

It seems unlikely that he'll have a Zuruggu...

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
According to Dogasu: The reason why Yuri didn't want to keep Yabukuron was because she knows it eats garbage and was afraid it was going to eat the children's toys that might be left hanging around.

So basically the teacher was being petty and selfish because she was afraid toys were going to be eaten and thus have crying kids on her hands.

That's right this whole thing revolved around the possibility Yabukuron was going to eat some toys.
Ahahaha, seriously? Dammit, now I have to hate the kids less since the teacher was the one being a jerk. Although the situation made more sense to me when I assumed that it was a "well, it's garbage. It stinks." issue...then again, what do I know about being a teacher that's worried that a living garbage bag will eat toys?

Also to toss my hat into the egg speculation ring: I actually don't think it's Meguroko anymore. The darker orange/brown-ish dots don't match any color on its body. Although it'd be a pleasant surprise if it hatched into something that didn't perfectly match its color scheme...

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
I think the reason SM randomly showed up was because SM had an egg and the Daycare found it so it has been searching for it then it came across Ash and co. so it saw Pikachu being close with Ash still so it wanted to prove that is was stronger then Pikachu.

pickledArbok

I think the egg is sunglasses meguroco's baby and once he's found ash again the baby will be reunited with its mother/father and leave ash.

RickHoenn

Banned
This episode was not that interesting imo =/ I don't it looked like some random fillers altough I like the trash bag lol but this is the worst episode of Best Wishes so far, all the 11 previous ones were great. At least Ash got the egg and that sunglasses Megurok got blasted off! haha XD

Looking up for BW13 and the appearance of Belle, I was more excited to watch the preview. XD

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Following the tragic alcohol poisoning incident that occurred after my previous episode review/rant, I decided to tone things down a little bit in this episode review/rant. Anyway, here we are, at Best Wishes episode number 12. I really didn't think that this episode would be worth my time since it looked like your typical Filler-episode when I saw the events of this episode unfold through a preview, but things didn't look like that once I took the time to watch this one. There was tons of stuff happening that I didn't understand and some of the events in this episode left me just scratching my head. All that stuff aside, I thought this twelfth episode of the Best Wishes saga was better than some of the previous ones (and WAY better than the previous Ishizumai episode, that's for sure). This episode had comedy, suspense, and a heartwarming ending; all things that make an episode of the Pokemon anime, memorable. Anyway, here I go once again, creating walls of text that are more rant than review (oh well teehee). Things in this episode started off with a nice piece of music I hadn't heard in the anime before: the Isshu Gym theme! I mean, it just sounded so much better than I would have thought. Ash, Iris, and Dento had stopped on their way to Shippou City, along a farm-like area of the Isshu region and Dento had something out. I didn't know what it was at first, but upon further inspection, it looked a lot like a Town Map (the kind from the video games that looks like a cube!). Haha, that was a nice little addition, and I loved it. It’s funny how good music and in-game items make even small scenes like that, standout so much more. Just as Dento and Iris were examining the Town Map, they all heard a loud noise coming up the road. Suddenly, tons of little school kids appeared, all of them riding cute little tricycles. Aw, they all looked cute riding on those! It's not everyday that little school kids are shown in the anime, so that was a cute little addition to the anime.

Just as Ash, Iris, and Dento spotted them, we got to see that one of the little kids had a Yabukuron on a wagon behind him. God, I dislike Yabukuron more than anything else, so you can all guess how I felt upon seeing it there. Then I noticed that the little kid that was driving Yabukuron around, had the biggest eyebrows I'd ever seen in the Pokemon anime! Seriously, cut those off and burn them with fire! Anyway, moving on, just as Ash was wondering what those kids were doing, I noticed two people chasing them. Then the leader of the kids shouted and they all tossed mud balls at Ash and friends. Dento got hit in the face and fell down so faaaabulously. Ash got hit too, but Iris dodged those and landed on the fence like a champ! You go girl! As the kids passed by, the Yabukuron snatched up Ash's hat from the ground. Oh no. I got a terrible feeling just then, that this would be another Primeape-esque scenario. Anyway, it soon became apparent that those kids weren't cute at all; they were terrible little monsters out to cause trouble! Dento was seen cleaning the mud off of his faaaabulous face just as Iris jumped off of the fence and landed near Ash. Just as Ash and Iris were getting all worked up, a woman appeared behind them, saying she was sorry about the incident involving all those little kids and the mud balls. Had Brock been there, you know he'd have gone crazy lol. Anyway, at the same time, some man/woman thing appeared with her as well, just before the scene changed. When the scene had changed, we saw the ground breaking somewhere, just as a Meguroco appeared. It wasn't just any old Meguroco though, it was that same Meguroco that bit Pikachu and Mijumaru back in BW003! Anyway, it went back underground, just as we saw Ash and friends inside some strange room inside a house. It turns out that the room they were in was used to store Pokemon Eggs, so I'm guessing they were in the Day Care Center on Isshu's Route 3 area. That man/woman thing started talking, and I realized it was a woman by the sound of her voice haha.

Anyway, that woman with manly-looking clothes on introduced the younger woman and we learned that her name was Yuri. No, that's not an odd name at all. Just as Ash, Iris, and Dento introduced themselves, I noticed that cute music playing in the background; it sounded peaceful and cute. Once that was done, we had Yuri talking about Yabukuron, and Ash looked curious to hear more. Yuri explained that the little kids first encountered Yabukuron in some scrap yard-looking area. Ash, being curious once more, searched his Pokedex for more information on Yabukuron and learned more about it there. While Dento looked puzzled, we got a flashback to when the little kids first introduced Yabukuron to Yuri and how they all wanted to keep it as a class pet or something. Yuri didn't want it around though, and she told the kids to take it back to the scrap yard. Well, that's a nice way to treat a Pokemon. The little kids started yelling, and I laughed so hard because one of the little kids said something that sounded like "God damn!". Lol. While the kids argued with their teacher, Yabukuron was looking sad and it suddenly burped, making a nasty cloud that apparently smelled bad. Even the kids thought it smelled bad, but they still wanted to keep it. Yuri had enough, and she grabbed Yabukuron like the trash bag that it was and left it at the scrap yard again. Yabukuron was heard crying as Yuri left the area. That's sort of mean. Even if Yabukuron smelled bad, just leaving it there all alone was cruel. As the flashback ended, we heard the Day Care woman start talking about something that captured Ash's interest. In the next scene, we saw a giant mountain of trash surrounding an area around a tree house. Just then, Ash and friends arrived with the Day Care woman and Yuri and they all just sort of marveled at the sheer size of it all. I also just noticed that they were outside of the kindergarten, and that those kids must have been Kindergarteners. Guess I missed that before.

Yuri explained that the kids had made that mountain of trash and scrap around their secret base (probably to make a wall to keep out invaders ) and Ash looked excited about something. I didn't know what that was about, but Iris soon made that face that told me she thought Ash was dumb, so I can sort of guess where his mind was haha. Just as they all looked up at the tree house, the leader of the little kids opened the curtain of the tree house and he and all his little friends were seen in little cardboard outfits that looked so cute, since most had little drawings on them. They also carried little cardboard swords. Yabukuron was there as well. Well, isn't that lovely? I also noticed that the leader of the kids had Ash's hat on and as he talked, it sounded like he was declaring war on those below. While everyone else looked worried, Ash smiled. I guess he found the idea of kids protecting a Pokemon to be cute. Whatever. As Yuri was trying to reason with the kids, we saw Ash volunteering to go up there and talk to the kids himself. He then started to climb that mountain of trash with Pikachu. I noticed that a box there had some Japanese-like text on it. You know TPCI will just edit that out later haha. Anyway, the leader of the little kids noticed that Ash was attempting to climb over the mountain of trash, and he quickly leapt into action. He ordered Yabukuron to attack Ash and Pikachu, and it used its Sludge Bomb attack and it landed near Ash and Pikachu. Apparently, the attack created a cloud of yellow mist that smelled terrible, judging from Ash and Pikachu's reaction haha. The leader of the Kindergarteners/big eyebrow boy/Hirota then ordered his friends to toss mud balls down and Ash and Pikachu, which was cute in an odd sort of way. One of the mud balls actually hit Ash in the face too, which was priceless to see. Hirota then ordered one of the kids to activate a fan, which pulled a rope, knocking part of the mountain of trash down and causing Ash and Pikachu to slide down onto an old tire. What was this? Abuse Ash day? Whatever, I'll take what I can get haha.

Anyway, just as Ash was about to get off of the old tire, the leader of the little kids (Hirota) appeared with his gang of Kindergarteners and placed the tip of his cardboard sword in front of Ash's face. Pfft. Oh please, like that was going to do anything against Ash. We then saw Dento and the others on the other side of the mountain of trash and scrap, and Iris called to Ash to ask him about the situation. Of course, the situation had gone from bad to worse lol. Hirota ordered two of the little kids to fire their water pistols at Ash and Pikachu, which resulted in them getting their faces wet. Just as planned! Soon after, Ash and Pikachu were stuck in the tree house with the little kids. I had to wonder though, how did they get up there? How could the little kids possibly intimidate him enough for him to go willingly? Whatever. One of the little girls started talking to Ash and introduced him to Yabukuron, but Hirota seemed to tell her to shut up or something, because she seemed quieter after that. Oh my God, those freaking eyebrows! Anyway, Ash and Pikachu introduced themselves, and some of the little kids looked really happy to see a Pikachu, since those don't appear in the Isshu region very often. They all ganged up on him and started petting him and pulling his cheeks, which was really cute because Pikachu seemed to like the attention. I'm surprised that he didn't shock the kids, like he usually shocks people who touch him a lot. Well, Hirota sort of pulled Pikachu's tail once it started to trust Ash more, and it almost looked like Pikachu was going to attack, but it didn't and the little kids looked happy still. As Ash was talking about Pikachu's attacks and stuff, Pikachu shocked him, almost like it was showing the kids more about Electric-type Pokemon. Considering the events from BW009, I wasn't at all surprised that it attacked Ash haha. Yabukuron then appeared and tried to charm Ash, but he didn't seem to agree that it was all that cute, like the kids believed. Hirota then approached Ash and gave him back his lucky hat, which Ash was grateful to have back. The other kids all looked happy enough, so it seemed like Ash and Pikachu managed to gain the Kindergartener's respect at long last. Yay?

Meanwhile, at some futuristic-looking train station in some unknown anime-exclusive town, we saw Team Rocket once again! Jessie, James, and Meowth were all sitting down, as if waiting for their train to arrive. I noticed the local news playing behind them, and I had to wonder if they had reported Team Rocket's illegal activities as of late. Anyway, just as that mysterious music was playing, some man appeared in the train station and sat behind Team Rocket. Jessie started talking to him, and James and Meowth followed suit. The man then kicked a small metallic box towards James and he grabbed it. I was guessing that it had something Team Rocket would need for their mission in the Resort Desert or something. When James did open it, he discovered a small meteorite inside. LOLWOTT? Despite its size, I'm sure it'll be more important later. The man who gave them the meteorite then left the train station just as a train appeared. Grr. I hate serious Team Rocket. Back at the kindergarten's tree house, Ash started talking about Yuri, but the little kids all appeared upset about her. Probably because she still didn't want Yabukuron around the kindergarten. Just then, Yabukuron used some of its Poison Gas to create a tiny cloud of smelly smoke. Ash's reaction to the smell was priceless since he yelled out loud about it haha! Ash had to get out of the tree house quickly and the little kids followed suit; I guess even they couldn't stand the smell of Yabukuron's Poison Gas. God, this episode really makes Poison-type Pokemon look bad, doesn't it? I love it! Take that Yabukuron! Anyway, Yabukuron was feeling down since everyone fled after it used its Poison Gas stuff, but Hirota stayed behind to cheer it up, much to the surprise of Ash. I guess underneath those big eyebrows, exists a heart of gold. Ash approached Yabukuron as well, and he seemed to be trying to cheer it up as well, much to Yabukuron's delight. Just as all that was happening, some strange noise was heard below the tree house and some dust appeared. Suddenly, the ground broke and that Meguroco with the sunglasses appeared near the edge of the mountain of trash. It started looking around, and I knew then that things were gonna get ugly. I still remember it from the third BW episode and I'll never forgive it for hurting Mijumaru and Pikachu!

The little kids were surprised by it's entry into their little secret base area, and Hirota, Yabukuron, and the other little kids ran down the tree house, probably to attack the invader. Just as they left, Ash recalled having seen that same Meguroco at the hot springs spa from the third BW episode, and how it attacked Mijumaru and Pikachu for no good reason. As the Meguroco crawled out of its hole, it noticed Ash, Yabukuron, and the little Kindergarteners standing in front of the tree house. Meguroco saw Pikachu on Ash's shoulder, and it went crazy! Its back started to glow and it sent out a circle of glowing stones that turned out to be its Stone Edge attack. The attack went straight towards Ash and the Kindergarteners, and Ash had to shout for them to get out of the way. Meguroco's Stone Edge attack collided near Ash's feet, but thankfully, he and Pikachu weren't injured. Seriously? What's with the sudden Ash and Pikachu abuse in Best Wishes? Meguroco looked upset, and then we saw Pikachu looking very worried. Heck, I would too if a Pokemon were attacking me for no apparent reason. Hirota and his gang of Kindergarteners then started chucking some of their mud balls at Meguroco. At least, I hope that was mud lol. Lame joke aside, all that those mud balls did to Meguroco was make it even angrier than it was before and its back started to glow again as it used Stone Edge once more. That attack collided with the area around the kids and it didn't seem to hurt them, but they were still very scared. Yabukuron wasn't going to take Meguroco's bullspit, and it finally decided to get involved in this most-random of fights. Yabukuron opened its mouth and a strange purple-colored orb appeared inside. The orb was fired into the sky where it exploded like fireworks and the separate pieces landed on the ground. Ash then identified the attack as being Toxic Spikes, so thanks for the help there Ash. As Meguroco walked above the Toxic Spikes-affected area, it got poisoned. Hooray! Ash seized the opportunity and had Pikachu use Iron Tail. The attack hit Meguroco and sent the beast flying. Yabukuron then appeared and used its Sludge Bomb attack, which hit Meguroco as it was falling, knocking it away. Oh God, it felt great seeing Meguroco get its just desserts! What was even better, was seeing it fly off, just like Team Rocket used to (twinkling star included!).

Hirota and the little kids were all happy and they all started cheering. Even Yabukuron seemed happy since it managed to defend the little kids along with Pikachu. The Kindergarteners then surrounded Ash and thanked him and Pikachu for helping defeat the Meguroco. While they all cheered and stuff, we got to see Iris and Dento on the other side of the trash mountain. Iris and Dento were standing/sitting on some jungle gym thing, trying to see what was happening on the other side. Yuri and that other woman all looked worried about what was going on, but Iris just looked upset, probably because she wanted to see what was going on or something. Iris, Dento, Yuri, and that other woman all climbed the mountain and looked over to see Ash standing with the kids and Yabukuron. It looked like Yuri wanted the kids to quit their nonsense, but they still wanted to adopt Yabukuron as their school pet so they all began yelling again. Ash tried talking some sense into Yuri, but she refused to budge for her own reasons. Yuri then sent out her Shikijika and was planning on forcing Yabukuron away, but Ash and Pikachu got in the way and decided to fight Yuri and Shikijika. What?! Yuri had Shikijika use Tackle on Pikachu, and it worked (not surprising). Pikachu then used Thunderbolt but Shikijika evaded that quite easily. It was going to attack again, but Pikachu dodged it this time. Shikijika collided with the wall of trash and the whole thing started to rock around. Yuri and the others climbed over and Ash, Iris, and Dento tried to stop the mountain from falling over. Meanwhile, Yuri tried to evacuate the kids so that they wouldn't be in the way in case the trash and scrap mountain fell over. Hirota however, refused to go without Yabukuron apparently. Just then, a dresser or something similar, fell over and it was about to crush Hirota and his eyebrows! Thankfully, Yuri stopped it from hurting him with her body, sort of like a shield. Hirota seemed stunned that she protected him for some reason. Iris and Dento were then seen evacuating the other kids from the tree house, while Ash, Shikijika, and Pikachu tried to keep the mountain from falling over. Noticing the issue at hand, Yabukuron started getting serious at last and decided to help out.

Yabukuron used its Sludge Bomb attack to knock trash and scrap back so that it didn't hurt anyone. Just as we got more of that classy Isshu Gym music, Yabukuron managed to destroy a pretty large part of the mountain of trash, and things seemed to have calmed down at last. Ash gave Yabukuron the thumbs up for helping as the Kindergarteners cheered, and Yuri looked at the trash bag Pokemon in a whole new way. I guess she realized it was a good Pokemon underneath its smelly exterior. As the sun was setting in the sky, Hirota and his gang of Kindergarteners were seen apologizing to Yuri about the mess they caused. Hirota started crying, and Yuri hugged him as the other kids surrounded her. Aw, those little monsters weren't so bad after all it seems. Ash and the Day Care woman managed to convince Yuri to adopt Yabukuron as the class pet near the end of the episode, and Yabukuron and the kids were all really pleased as a result. Later that night, Ash, Iris, Dento, and their Pokemon all helped return the trash and scrap back to the scrap yard. Geez, what are they, servants? Haha. Anyway, the next morning, Ash and friends were about to leave when the Day Care woman presented Ash with his very own Pokemon egg! Wow, that sure was kind of her, considering she and Ash barely exchanged two words together haha. Ash accepted the Pokemon egg gladly though, since that would give him his sixth Pokemon, without him having to go out and capture one. Hirota and the other little kids wished Ash good luck on his journey and Ash and his friends were seen waving goodbye to the little kids, Yuri, and the Day Care woman as they departed to Shippou City for Ash's second Gym battle. Wow, that was a long episode. There were things I didn't like about this episode. I mean, Yuri's fear that Yabukuron would eat the kid's toys was just plain old silly and ridiculous in retrospect. Then there was Hirota's big-arse eyebrows to deal with, sigh. Selfishness on Yuri's part and big eyebrows aside, the episode was rather enjoyable since we don't often get trash bag Pokemon like Yabukuron in the anime. Team Rocket's part was lame as always since they literally do nothing, except act mysterious. And where the hell was Mijumaru?! OH MY GOD! Anyway, I thought this was a refreshing episode to say the least. It gets a solid 9/10. Alright then, stay faaaabulous~

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
I thought this episode was alright, I'm really digging the serious Team Rocket even if they only get 1-2 minutes in an episode its better then them getting 10-15 minutes of crap in an episode before eventually being blasted off.

On the subject of the egg, if that egg follows the same pattern as every other egg with have seen in the anime and has a similar colour scheme to that of the Pokemon that will hatch from it I expect it will be a Zuruggu.

playerking

Pokemon Best Wishes Episode 12: The Yabukuron Squad and the Secret Base!?

The episode starts off with Dento showing Iris and Ash the town map on a dirt path in a area that looks like a farming area. Then the group hears something and they see a bunch of kids on their kids tricycles. One kid seems to have a Pokemon on the back of his Tricycles the kids get ready with Mud balls in their hands they then throw them at Ash and co. Iris dodges it but Dento and Ash get hit in the face(lol). The kids cycle away and the Pokemon’s arm carries Ash’s hat away. The opening starts

After the opening Ash and Dento are on the ground, Dento is wiping his face and Iris jumps down from the fence that she jumped on to dodge.
Ash and Dento stand up and they are mad. Iris wonders what’s wrong with the kids, Dento mentions that pranks have there limits and Ash is mad now. Two women run up to Ash and co. they came from the same direction as the kids. The younger looking woman apologizes and she mentions that they are the children of her Kindergarten, she asks for forgiveness and the older looking woman apologizes. Then the SM(Sunglasses Meguroko) appears again after 8 episodes, it’s head comes up from the ground, SM looks around then he goes back under ground. It turns out he came up in front of the Pokemon Daycare house, which has a lot of eggs yum(Just joking). Apparently Yuri is the teacher at the children Daycare but the older woman,(Her Grandmother)Kikuyo helps is the owner of both Daycare’s. The gang introduces themselves and Yuri apologizes and she says that the kids brought back a Yabukuron without permission. Ash understands that the Pokemon with the kids was a Yabukuron. So Yuri has a flashback to when the kids found a crying Yabukuron in a scrap yard. Ash looked it up on his Pokedex and it explained that Yabukuron came to be when a trash bag was mixed with toxic waste(During the day he is Garbage but at night he is Garbageman!)and that it hangs around garbage. Ash says that his hat is Garbage. Dento say that the pokemon has a strange taste. Yuri flashes back to when she took Yabukuron away. Yuri asked why the kids brought it to the kindergarten. The kids said that they felt sorry for it but the teacher said that they can’t keep it because it would bring garbage, the kids said that they would clean the garbage up. She still said no but the kids kept yelling out saying they want to keep it. it released a stench from it’s mouth and Yuri hated it, the kids kept yelling that it didn’t smell but Yuri thought it did so she picked it up(I guess you can say she took out the trash(Wow that was bad)) and she put it back at the scrap yard saying that it can’t stay with the kids. Kikuyo said that Yuri took it back to the scrap yard but something happened this morning. Ash asks what happened.

We go to outside with Ash, Iris, Dento, Yuri and Kikuyo are standing outside looking at something. Ash and co. discover that the children and Yabukuron are in a secret base in a tree inside the gates of the kindergarten and they surrounded it with rubbish from the scrap yard. Ash is impressed so Iris calls him a child. Yuri is worried that all the rubbish will fall down so Kikuyo asks the group if they can help. They all agree to help. The kids open the curtain of the secret base and they go on the edge of the base, building in the tree with Yabukuron, the main kid has Ash’s hat, they say that they are the Yabukuron squadron and that adults cannot enter. Dento mentions that they must be playing the squadron games and Iris calls them children(Maybe because they are Iris? Or am i mistaken). Ash volunteers to go and put an end to what’s going on, because Ash used to roll play like that as well. So Ash climbs over the barrier, but the kids spot him, Yabukuron unleashes a sludge bomb and it stinks so then the kids fire mud balls and most of them miss except for the last one that hits Ash in this face. The main kid orders Dango ( The chubby one) to turn on the fan. The electric fan on the balcony is switched on. The fan pulled a rope which pulled a leg that held Ash supportive on the rubbish Ash fell down and he went down a (SUPER FUN HAPPY) slide and then he fell in a tyre. The kids aimed their cardboard swords in front of Ash. Iris asked what happened, Ash said that he was caught. Iris said to pull himself together. Ash said to wait a little while longer. The main kid says to behave, Ogura(Another boy) and Choko( A girl) spray Ash with water guns. Ash promises to behave.
They take him to their base. Ash is impressed and asked if the kids built it themselves. Choko says yes, along with Yabukuron. The main kid says to not make friends with the enemy. She says sorry Hirotan. Ash asks if that is the main kids name, he says it’s actually Hirota. Ash introduces himself and Pikachu. The other kids say that Pikachu is cute and they ask if they can pat Pikachu. Ash says it’s fine. They all touch Pikachu except for Hirota, Ash says to Hirota that he isn’t his enemy and that he is only here to talk. So Hirota touches Pikachu but Pikachu doesn’t like it. Ash says that if they annoy Pikachu he will electrocute them. They all back away, Ash explains that Pikachu is an electric Pokemon and it can use Thunderbolt. Pikachu shocks Ash, by electrocuting him. Pikachu poses, and all the kids are amazed, then Yabukuron comes up and it tries to pose as being cute as well. Ash says it’s kid of cute and say he is really cute. Hirota gives back Ash’s hat, Ash says thank you and he puts it on.

Team Rocket are at a subway station, sitting at a bus stop, while a news woman on a screen is talking about the disappearance of garbage at a scrap yard, and Yabukuron might be responsible. They sit at the bus stop and a guys sits on the other side of them. Jessie asks what time the limited express will depart, the mysterious man says 7pm. James asks what the business is about. The mysterious agent asks if the mission is going nicely. Meowth says “Obviously”. And Jessie says that they make no mistakes. The mysterious man has a small, he pushes it over to their side and he says that the headquarters asked to bring them this. James asks what it is and the man says it’s a dummy of the real meteorite and that he will contact them later with the details. The man stands up and says that Giovanni is impressed with them. James says of course. Just as the man leaves a train passes the screen.

Back at the base, Ash asks if the kids should apologize. Hirota says that it isn’t Ash’s fault, Choko says that it isn’t their fault and Hirota says that it is Yuri’s fault. Ash says that she had a point because she said it smelled. Choko, ann the other girl says it is. Hirota says it isn’t and Ann changes her mind. Yabukuron releases the smell and Ash can’t stand it, he yells out , everyone hears and him and the other kids run out. Hirota and Yabukuron, run out and they’re fine. Ash says that Hirota has a good friend. They hear a sound, something is digging, it’s coming from the inside of the barrier, right under a bit of junk, on the inside. It’s Meguroko, Ash has a flashback to meeting it(What is this? Lost?). Ash and the Yabukuron squadron are on the ground under the shade of the tree. SM notices Ash and Pikachu, he’s angry so his back glows white then white bits shoot up from it’s back they spin around and become grey rocks, they are launched at Ash and the Yabukuron squadron. Ash notices that it’s stone edge, he tells the kids to run away. They do but the stones hit near Ash. Then the kids thrown mud balls at SM, so SM uses stone edge at the kids. Yabukuron isn’t happy, it launches Toxic spikes. The purple ball goes into the sky leaving behind streams of purple poison it exploded and multiple blasts hit the ground. SM steps on it and it gets hurt. Ash orders Pikachu to use Iron tail, it hits Meguroko in the air, then Yabukuron fires a sludge bomb which sends it blasting off again?. Ash and the squad are happy. Yuri hears and she is not happy that Ash is having fun. Iris wonders what’s going on and Yuri says it can’t be helped. Yuri says she will have to do it then. Kikuyo agrees.

Yuri and the others climb on to the top on the barrier and look down at Ash, Yuri asks to talk about it properly, Iris asks why Ash is friends with them. Ash says he got caught up in the moment. Yuri asks how longer they will continue this. Hirota says, until they can keep Yabukuron, Yuri says she said no. The kids say that they don’t understand. Ash begs Yuri to listen to the kids. But Yuri tells Ash to shush, Yuri mentions that it is her Kindergarten, Ash says it’s the kids as well, but Yuri says she has to protect them. She pulls out a Pokeball and she sends out her Shikijika. The kids are worried, Ash isn’t happy so he says that he will be her opponent. Dento and Iris are shocked, just like Shikijika and Yuri. Yuri doesn’t understand, so Ash says that he is now a part of the Squad, the kids cheer. Yuri says it can’t be helped, She says for Shikijika to use tackle, so it does. It hits Pikachu. Pikachu is ordered to use/uses Thunderbolt. Shikijika dodges and runs along the barrier then it uses tackle, it misses and hits a it of furniture. The whole barrier starts to shake, Kikuyo says that Shikijika cannot move and Kikuyo calls the battle off. Pikachu and Ash help out Shikijika, Dento and Iris come down to help Ash, Ash tells them to secure the kids. Yuri tells Hirota to move but he wants to stay with his friend Yabukuron, she pleads more. So something starts to fall on Hirota, Yuri goes behind the two and she stops it falling, the two are happy. Iris is telling the kids to climb the tree, Dento is up there telling them to stay safe, Kikuyo is Kidnapping carrying Ogura to safety. Just as Ash was loosing his strength Yabukuron has had enough, Yabakuron launches multiple sludge bombs at the falling junk. Yabukuron saves the day. everyone is thankful, even Yuri.
As the sun is about to set, the kids say sorry and Yuri apologizes for not listening and she is glad they are safe and they all hug. Ash asks on behalf if the kids can keep Yabukuron, Kikuyo asks what she is going to do. Yuri looks at the kids pleading faces. She gets up from kneeling and she says to Yabukuron that it can stay, Yabukuron and the kids are happy. The kids hug Yabukuron. Kikuyo says that Yabukuron wouldn’t breath out the bad smell if you made friends with it. She says that Yuri needs to raise it well. Dento asks if she knew that all along. Kikuyo explain that of course because she is a daycare worker. Iris asks why she didn’t just say that before, so Kikuyo says that whether you have children or Pokemon you have to find out how to raise them on your own. She laughs but Yuri isn’t happy.

Later that night all the Pokemon are cleaning up the rubbish, Mamapeto is carrying a box, Ash is carrying a bit of furniture, Pikachu is carrying a rug, Pokabu is pushing a tyre(Cute), Iris and kibago are carrying boxes, Yanappu is carrying a box, Dento is carrying a bit of furniture. Mijumaru is carrying a box, Tsutaja is unloading things off of a cart, using her vines, to Ishizumai. Ash says that they will continue this until morning, Yabukuron is happy. It’s the morning and everything is alright, in appreciation, Kikuyo gives Ash a Pokemon egg in a incubator. Ash is thankful, so they head off with the kids with waving at them, goodbye. Ash and Co. are headed towards Shippou once again.

Good points

- No bad points

11/10.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
After watching the episode again I have to say that grandma was eccentric, and whats with the I don't want garbage around non listening sensei?

Meguroku attacking makes more sense now as well.

playerking

Really? It does? Then why do you think Meguroko attacked and i don't understand your first sentence.

heartful cry

I never felt like...
I personally enjoyed this episode greatly. True, it felt slightly filler-ish, but I think it had more purpose than simply to take up space.

Although it might not be readily apparent if you simply take everything at face value, a lot of the episode's focus seems to be on Ash. It helped to establish Ash's character to a newer audience, while also showing how much Ash has grown throughout the series to the older ones.

Starting from the top, in the beginning of the episode, when Ash loses his hat as the kids stampede by with Yabukuron. Aside from the initial annoyance, he doesn't seem all that bothered. Contrast to when he first lost his Ash to Mankey early on in the Kanto season, where he spent an entire episode essentially raging around trying to get it back, and later on during the Hoenn season, where, though handled much more maturely than before, he still expresses irritation when Aipon also steals it. Here, rather than dwell on his lost hat (outside of retorting to Iris), he's more concerned about the apparent problems that the kindergarten teacher and the children are having, showing a heightened sense of priority compared to prior seasons. Furthermore, although one of the children, Hirota, is clearly wearing his hat, he doesn't make a fuss about it, and, in fact, doesn't even bother mentioning it at all. Hirota, who eventually grows to trust Ash, returns the hat of his own free will, which Ash accepts with grace. In other words, we're already shown just how much Ash has grown since Hoenn.

When he learns of the overall situation, as well as the "base" that the children have put up, Ash is able to empathize with the children, something that none of the other characters were able to do. He attempts to infiltrate their base, and although captured, quickly gains their trust. Although he initially tries to get the children to make up with the teacher Yuri, once he sees just how much they love Yabukuron, he becomes much more sympathetic to their cause, and even battles on their behalf against their teacher. Although this might seem needless and even outright uncalled for to some, to Ash, who dearly loves Pokemon with all his heart, this course of action is the only one he could take. He sees that the teacher is unable to come to terms with the children, and since the children aren't able to do so, he fights in their place. Thus, we are shown another very important aspect of Ash's character: that he will always charismatically stand up for what he believes in. It's simple and perhaps obvious, but it's still a key part of who he is.

Finally, at the very end of the episode, Ash is shown enthusiastically cleaning up the kindergarten grounds, despite having no obligation to do so. This shows his sense of responsibility and basic desire to help people, a trait that some viewers often take for granted. Certainly, he had no reason to get involved with this whole experience, and to some, the episode may have been little more than a detour to Ash's training journey, but it simply wouldn't be in his character to ignore it when someone is in trouble. Ash simply wouldn't be Ash unless he stopped to help every single person in need he came across. True, it kinda impedes on his progress, but I think it's more important to grow as a person before you grow as a trainer. Ash accepts everything as an important lesson to learn from, and this incident is no different. And besides, such kindness and empathy are precisely the reason many of Ash's Pokemon even took a liking to him to begin with so you can't say such traits are entirely unhelpful to his training.

Well, Ash is still pretty childish. He's in a near-constant state of enthusiasm over every little new thing he sees, he has a tendency to act before he thinks and he's, well, a ten-year-old boy. But he's still growing, maturing, evolving in his own way, and the empathy and kindness he displays regularly are all proof of that. Sure, he's not the greatest trainer in the world, but as a human being, I think he's seriously come a long way, and this episode does a splendid job of showing that. And like I said before, personally, I think that's equally, if not more important, than his growth as a trainer.

gliscor&yanmega

Meguroku attacking makes more sense now as well.

It made sense to me from the start. Clearly Meguroco has a grudge against Pikachu and/or Ash, or Meguroco is just itching for a good battle against Pikachu. As of now we don't know what it's deal is, but I'd say it has some sort of grudge.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
The old lady knew yabakkuron would stop smelling if he fround a friend yet she let the others come full circle on their own saying its important to figure things out for yourself and thats important in pokemon yada yada, then she gave the eccentric old person laugh.

Why would megoroku have a grudge? That makes no senses. I think he came to the daycare for something( his mate?) and he ended up in the trash pile. Since meguroku invaded the children attacked. When meguroku saw pikachu I got the " Hoo this is going too be fun ,lets battle" kind of smile from meguroku.

gliscor&yanmega

Why would megoroku have a grudge? That makes no senses. I think he came to the daycare for something( his mate?) and he ended up in the trash pile. Since meguroku invaded the children attacked. When meguroku saw pikachu I got the " Hoo this is going too be fun ,lets battle" kind of smile from meguroku.

None of it made sense, which is why the writers could later on add onto this. Revealing what Meguroco deal is and such. It looked mad at Pikachu, and Pikachu looked confused what Meguroco was looking mad, at less that's how it went in my eyes.

We'll most likely get another thing like this some other time and things get explained. It may even show up a lot and become something like the new Team Rocket, the fact it blasted off like them could be foreshadowing this.

gliscor&yanmega

I didn't look mad to me, it just looked taken aback in suprise that pikachu was there

It's a matter of different vision. I see something, you see something else. We wont know until more is revealed. Nothing much to go on from the episode though, nothing was said about it at all.

playerking

To me Meguroko looked evil when it stared at Ash, Ash probably had a chill through his spine. I don't think it wants to be friends with him at all, but that's just me, he was there for a reason, i wonder if it will be explained later.

Battra

This was a fun episode. I thought for sure Ash was going to be catching and adding Meguroco wasn't expecting him to receive an egg. Speaking of Meguroco I just hope the writers have learned from Jigglypuff & Snubull & don't overuse the little fella. Ash really is just a kid at heart he really seems to connect with young kids when they're featured.

Last edited:

Sponge

Like I said, I can't see the writers or Ash just giving an egg to someone when it was used as a token of thanks.
l.

Isn't the whole reason that Misty got Togepi was because it saw her first and became emotionally attached to her? Not because the egg wasn't a thank you gift so it was ok for Ash to give away. In which case he didn't have much choice in the matter. The same could happen with this egg...

I think it's probably Zuruggu, I can't see it being Meguroco somehow. Also I would have thought a Kurumiru egg would have some green on it somewhere....I guess eggs aren't always aesthetically accurate.

Last edited: