• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Here's a Real Shocker! A Dugtrio Split-Up?! (966)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Here's a Real Shocker! A Dugtrio Split-Up?

Ash and co. are attending a concert being held on Melemele Island and see a performance by DJ Leo and his Dugtrio. Going backstage, Ash starts getting to know the Dugtrio, but the Dugtrio starts fighting with itself putting in the possibility of splitting up. Soon after that, Team Rocket appear with their eyes set on Dugtrio. Will Dugtrio be saved and able to reconcile its differences?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Mallow suits the blonde wig really well, haha.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Uhh...Brock and May Easter Egg?

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Brock, May and Wally wigs? What is this! Like Wobbufett's middle life crisis wig.

Now their playing Clemont's invention theme.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
So Kukui knows Leo?

Uhh, is it just me or is Leo throwing in English phrases in the raw episode? Anyone shed some light?

Bite or Crunch?

HOLY CRAP MIMIYKU IS LISTENING

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Ever had that moment when you were watching an episode and you just zoned out? Happened 15 times now during the same episode.. -.-

Love Bite's animation though..

Mallow suits the blonde wig really well, haha.

Literally the only worthwhile moment for me thus far.

So Kukui knows Leo?

Uhh, is it just me or is Leo throwing in English phrases in the raw episode? Anyone shed some light?

Cuz he's a rockstar and that's what big stars do. -.-

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Suiren, why xD

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Kinda average episode. I did enjoy the references to may and other characters, and kiawe. Also loved the part with lana and her sisters in the ending. Other than that, nothing much really happened that was too interesting. So I'll give it around 6.5/10.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
Not really looking forward to this episode so let's get into it.

-BWHHAHAAH! Everyone's shocked that Kiawe wants to wear one... I love those different reactions. :D

-M-M-May's hair is on display!!!! Brock's hair too!!! :eek: And I think that wig next to it was an afro worn by Meowth a few times. Are the TRio selling their old wigs they used in the past?!

-I liked how they had the microphone sound get a bit louder in the background... I hate it when that happens.

-I miss and love the old violin sad tune~ :D

-Ok that last bit was great!!!!

Prety good episode. I thought it'll be kind of boring but I was pretty entertained especially by Team Rocket. I see Mimikyu is finally listening to Jessie. I liked Leo's story about the Dugtrio and he was the one (along with the little Diglett) to save Dugtrio from Team Rocket. Ash and Kukui took a backseat and they were needed when they were. :) The Dugtrio singing is kind of nice to hear once you get used to it.... but I don't think I could listen to it more often. ^^

Daniel31

HopingGaryReturns
It's pretty sad when the best part of this episode was seeing those "certain" wigs that Team Rocket was selling and the preview for the next episode. Kiawe's reactions were funny though, seeing everyone in their wigs, and rapping Meowth (don't quit your day job there buddy), and putting those charms on the Dugtrio. I was getting a little pumped when I thought Ash was going to battle Team Rocket, but alas...DJ Leo and the Dugtrio handle them.

Not really much else to say about this episode, probably my least favorite so far tbh.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
HOLY CRAP MIMIYKU IS LISTENING

Well, she did tell it to attack Pikachu specifically if I heard right.

Anyway, this was a fairly entertaining episode. Nice reference to May and I think Brock's hair was there as well. I couldn't identify them all in the time they were onscreen. Did Leo know Kukui in the past? It kinda seemed like it but then Kukui wasn't in his flashback. Kiawe's reaction to the wig (and how he was convinced to wear one in the first place) and Ash kind of flaunting his were funny. News lady had a bit of an extreme reaction to the break-up. I'm going to go look for the bits after the episode so I can see what happened with Lana. Next episode looks fun. All of Ash's Pokemon love Delia immediately it seems.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Nah, nothing much to say about this funny filler. The first part was really boring with Kiawe's hilarious emotional burst in the wig(yikes that was horrible!). The second part was better though, TR made this episode more entertaining. Dugtrio's tri-attack looked pretty good in the SM animation. Overall, I'll say 5/10.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
The animation of Iron Head looked quite unusual and frankly ridiculous. Was that because of Alolan Dugtrio's hair?

TheWanderingMist

The animation of Iron Head looked quite unusual and frankly ridiculous. Was that because of Alolan Dugtrio's hair?

That is the Steel-type part of them, so, yes, it was because of the hair.

Genaller

Silver Soul
So much for SM being an "alternate universe" or "not Canon" to the past series.

Well technically it could still be a mirror verse. Regardless I'm just glad that there's some acknowledgement of the past though I'd be even more happy if Ash mentioned them as past companions.

TheWanderingMist

Well technically it could still be a mirror verse. Regardless I'm just glad that there's some acknowledgement of the past though I'd be even more happy if Ash mentioned them as past companions.

It's not like he saw the wigs though (as far as we know, at least). Wonder if they're adding in a bunch of minor continuity to make up for XY barely having any aside from that one Piplup reference and the final episode.