• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Here's a Real Shocker! A Dugtrio Split-Up?! (966)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Well technically it could still be a mirror verse. Regardless I'm just glad that there's some acknowledgement of the past though I'd be even more happy if Ash mentioned them as past companions.

Wouldn't make sense because the May wig is from movie 8 which is a canon movie iirc.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
That...was a rather weird episode. o_O To be honest, when the concert started, at first, I thought something was wrong with the sound quality of the video, but then I realized Dugtrio was singing. What the heck? (Sorry, DJ Dugleo, but I'm afraid this is one concert I'm not attending myself.) Kiawe was the highlight of the first part of the episode, though--from his giving in to wearing the wig at the behest of his sister's puppy dog eyes, to his completely over-the-top reaction to the concert.

I was able to identify a Brock wig and a May wig, but while the rest looked familiar, I couldn't place them. Was that green one Wally? The blue one kind of looked like a shorter version of Tobias's hair.

Meowth, keep your day job. Rapping is not your forte.

I did like the animation for Rockruff's Bite (assuming that's what that was). I also kind of liked the cinematography for the battle. Perhaps it was because the battle took place in close quarters, forcing the Pokémon to be more in each other's faces, but it felt less staged than Pokémon battles often do, if that makes any sense. I'm not saying the battle was spectacular, but I did like it.

Also, I had a feeling Diglett would end up saving the day, and it did in a way, by untying Dugtrio's ropes when Team Rocket wasn't looking. Speaking of Diglett, I did enjoy Diglett's fangirling/fanboying and its desire to impress Dugtrio, and how DJ Leo just offered it a position in the band.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
That...was a rather weird episode. o_O To be honest, when the concert started, at first, I thought something was wrong with the sound quality of the video, but then I realized Dugtrio was singing. What the heck? (Sorry, DJ Dugleo, but I'm afraid this is one concert I'm not attending myself.) Kiawe was the highlight of the first part of the episode, though--from his giving in to wearing the wig at the behest of his sister's puppy dog eyes, to his completely over-the-top reaction to the concert.

I was able to identify Brock's wig and Misty's wig, and was that green one Wally? The rest looked really familiar, but I couldn't place them.

Meowth, keep your day job. Rapping is not your forte. :p

How did you miss May?

EDIT: I completely forgot to mention how funny Diglett fangirling over Dugtrio was. And Dugtrio's reaction to it.

Last edited:

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
The most exciting thing about this episode was the hair easter egg.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I agree with everyone on loving the wigs of past characters.

Dugtrio's attacks were fun to see. Tri attack and iron head were both cool. Interesting that they have to spin around for tri attack to work. Iron head using the hair made me really like the hair on dugtrio a lot more. It has amazing reach and speed lol, who'd know that dugtrio could control it's hair :p too bad the only ground move we saw was digletts sand attack.

I guess the dugtrio had three names? Weird lol, that pokemon is such a weird concept of being three heads i still don't totally fathom the thing :p

I'm not sure how I feel about Rockruff's bite attack... It's cool but I feel like they should still make contact with them in the form of a bite, but still works and is better than just a bite!

I didn't understand how TRio got Dugtrio away from DJ Leo... did they say they could help with the singing or something? Did they just convince it they were better than DJ Leo? Anyone who can enlighten me on that part of the episode? I also missed the Lana and her sisters did apparently and cant find it.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Wait a minute, wasn't that wig next to Brock, Conway's hair from DP, Dawn's friend??

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Wait a minute, wasn't that wig next to Brock, Conway's hair from DP, Dawn's friend??

I don't think its Conway's, his was darker, closer to black, that's more of a light green/blue.

Ones I can work out are: Lysandre, Wally, May (ORAS), Brock, and the one you're refering to, its annoying me, I can sort of picture the person, wouldn't say they're a big character, but think they may of done contests or something, but has a personality like Drew....its really bugging me because I can see them in my head, but can't put a name or clear picture to them. Same for the one at the top next to Lysandre, I want to say Sycamore, but I don't think it is, think its anime only character who wears a cape, could even possibly be Tobias?

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
When looking at Team Rocket's wigs, all I was able to see was Brock's hair, May's hair, & an afro that had Krookodile's sunglasses

DatsRight

Not a bad episode, filler, but fun enough filler, like the Detective Rotom one (and guess what wig turns up convenient again?). Liked seeing more of Kaiwe's sister (and his closet passionate attitude reemerge). Also liked Rockruff got something big to do this episode, it's probably had the lowest amount of pivotal roles out of Ash's team so far. Diglett was a cute fangirl. Other little gags like the twerp wigs and Meowth's rapping were great too.

If there's any big downside it's that TR seem to be so quickly back to curb stomp mode, even Mimikyu. We did finally get to see them back to their manipulative costume utilising selves this series though (I noticed both of Sekine's episodes so far portray them as sneakier, but also brutal punching bags :p). Why were they hiding in that shack and not their secret lair though?

I do fear for the dub and how that singing will turn out though (especially since they likely won't use the same music). Lots of XY music here that likely won't get used there either (love if the legendary/showcase theme got used at some point in the Japanese version at least).

Anyone else have 'Oh a wise guy, eh?' 'WHOOP, WHOOP, WHOOP!' 'Listen here, you lugs!' type quotes in their head during Dugtrio's fight? Especially with one of them having a 'Moe' wig. XD

This is a minor query, anyone else noticed the franchise doesn't give Dugtrio it's angry eyes anymore? All three have the same docile look as Diglett now (you know, until they actually ARE angry).

Last edited:

Jangobadass

Surprise!
And is it just me, or did some of other other wigs look kind of familiar:confused:

We all get the Brock and May ones, but are the others supposed to represent characters from long ago (even if they're little remembered), or maybe characters from other anime?

That green one sure looks familiar somehow. I just can't place my finger on it. Ditto the pink one, though that style's been done to death.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Actually it was movie 8 Mays hair style with the bandana tied as a bow
ORAS Mays bow looks different.

Your username is highly appropriate if you can tell the difference from a few seconds of animation.

Spyro39

One thing I found surprising about this episode was that they used the anime's version of the XY Gym Battle theme during the search montage for the missing Dugtrio. Just how many XY music have they carried over to SM? They've what I've heard so far are Laverre City's theme, Snowbelle City's theme, and maybe other XY music that I don't know their names.

TheWanderingMist

One thing I found surprising about this episode was that they used the anime's version of the XY Gym Battle theme during the search montage for the missing Dugtrio. Just how much XY music have they carried over to SM? From what I've heard so far, they've carried over Laverre City's theme, Snowbelle City's theme, and maybe other XY music that I don't know their names.

Maybe they just really like XY's music?

DatsRight

Oh Pikachu vs Tapu Koko Round 2 used the Kalos Trainer theme. They also used some showcase BGM when the TRio introduced themselves in disguise.

While it's a cool nod (I loved hearing Gen 1/2 music during AG and DP too), I do hope we get to hear more of gen 7's equally good soundtrack. PLEEEEEASE use the Kahuna theme at least once.