• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Here's a Real Shocker! A Dugtrio Split-Up?! (966)

SinnohEevee

Is it true one of these wigs represents Trollbias?

Maybe a hint at what they would pull off to make Ash lose this time?

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!

More like Easter eggs meant to act as references to previous series.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

I think you're being a bit too paranoid over Tobias.

Soaring Pikachu

Cool Trainer
Nice to see Diglett and Dugtrio get some more screen time. The before and after of DJ Leo was a little startling. I wonder what it would be like to have a house where most of the floors are sand?

Navin

MALDREAD
Mal's Review - Sun&Moon Edition

Catch-up time!

Pros:

* Meowth in outfit

Cons:

* An episode about singing Dugtrio

Thoughts:

* Shouldn't the Dugtrio apologize to him? They left him after being so fickle...

3/10

Last ten episodes ratings: 4/7/7.5/7/4/4/5/3.5/8.5/3
Average of episodes 11-20: 4.95/10
Average of episodes 1-10: 6.6/10

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Haven't posted in a while due to work and lack of a laptop.
But I checked the Disney XD schedule and they're gonna have 6 new eps today? Wow! So far, I kinda like the series.not as much as the original or advanced series but it's definitely different from the norm

doofinc

get rillaboomed
I just got to this episode today (waiting for official subs). I'm all for a concert episode but who's idea was it to have Dugtrio singing? My ears were in pain from that off-pitch squeaky mess.

Aside from that, the comedy in this episode was pretty good. Over-the-top Kiawe is always welcome but sometimes it can get a bit much. The whole Dugtrio situation is a bit weird unless their conflict with each other has been pre-existing before.

As critical as I have been with the design for Ash and Team Rocket this season, I do admit that the new art style does make Jessie and James's disguises look a bit more convincing.

Music choices were nice for this episode aside from from that screeching mess. Some standouts have to be the Tripokalon theme during the concert and the XY Gym leader theme.

It was an okay episode.

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
Was Lana's 'dancing' with her little sisters in front of their tv removed in the dub?

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
Of course.

Wow, that was pretty stupid move on their part to remove this one. :/ This marks the 3rd scene that was removed, after Ash's 'glittering' vomit and Meowth's 'death'.

ShadowForce720

Was Lana's 'dancing' with her little sisters in front of their tv removed in the dub?

Of course.

Wow, that was pretty stupid move on their part to remove this one. :/ This marks the 3rd scene that was removed, after Ash's 'glittering' vomit and Meowth's 'death'.

Just pointing this out but the scene your talking about with Lana which is removed is a different case the Ash's 'glittering' vomit and Meowth's 'death' in that while the latter 2 where scenes that occurred during the episode the former scene with Lana where the wig and dancing was part of the pokeproblem's solutions and as far as I know the English Dub doesn't show the pokeproblems solutions probably because of them happening after the episode ends, so they probably don't show them because of time restraints.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Ugh Team Rocket was horrible in this episode; especially since they went back to rhyming like this was DP.
The Kiawe scenes were hilarious but other than that this is just one of the generic cotd/Team Rocket fillers that I want the series to get rid of.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
One of the worst fillers ever, if not the worst.
Who asked for an episode about Dugtrio singing? Kiawe and the TRio were the ONLY enjoyable parts of the episode. Everybody else was annoying, and the cotd was unlikeable.
Those wigs that the TRio were selling were great references to characters better than ones from this saga.
2/10

That scene didn't matter anyways. I have nothing against them cutting out that. Meowth's second 'death' on the other hand..... that was so badly cut out too.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Is it weird that I thought Dugtrio's singing was better in the dub than in the original?

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
Here I thought this episode was going to be as meaningless as the Detective Rotom episode, if not more so. I'm glad to see I was wrong. I mean, sure, it wasn't super-important (what's Rotomdex's newfound voice duplication function going to amount to, anyway?), but at least it was lots of fun. I can't really say I'm a fan nor a hater of the DJ genre, but it can sound good sometimes, as it did here. The DJ himself was an okay character.

Inevitably, I come by scenes that make me think, "Man, I'm glad I don't watch this show in Japanese anymore." Meowth's brief rap was that scene in this episode.

Oh God no... More JP XY music being kept... Sure, it's one of the better XY cues, but still, let the Invention theme (as that track came to be known considering who it's associated with as of the show's million reuses of it) stay in XY, damn it all. Well, at least the dub music is great, as usual, the highlight of which being the Dugtrio DJ Song. Of course, if it turns out that was a track maintained from the JP version, then props to it for sounding great.

So, yes, this was a good one.

Is it weird that I thought Dugtrio's singing was better in the dub than in the original?

Of course not. We've all got version preferences.

All PokeProblem scenes are removed from the dub. They honestly don't even matter in the long run, so the episode's losing nothing.

Vipsoccermaster

Fair filler episode, but it is what it is. At least this filler is out of the way. It was cool to see the wigs, with two of them being references to Brock and May. Kiawe moments were great. You see him not on board at first, but then after witnessing the first time, he's instantly on board. Good for you, Kiawe. That Team Rocket shot was hilarious. The only noteworthy of this episode having progression is Rotom Dex having the voice recognition function.

Finally, this is the last of the currently known episodes where, aside from the opening and ending, not all characters appear. Lana (except the PokéProblem scene with her sisters) and Lillie do not appear. Going forward, we now have all characters of the main cast appear, so there's nothing to worry about characters not appearing for the time being.

All PokeProblem scenes are removed from the dub. They honestly don't even matter in the long run, so the episode's losing nothing.
You can't exactly say they were removed. Sure, they don't mean much, but TPC just chose not to show them due to time constraints, even if they as much wanted to show them. They're not going to do it just for one episode. It costs more money to air the 30-second PokéProblem scenes, so yeah. Those scenes are just bonuses that have nothing to do with the main plot of the Sun & Moon anime. It would have been nice to see Lana, Harper, and Sarah dance together, but it's not a huge deal that it wasn't shown.

Even so, we do see Lana's sisters and their mother in the next episode, so I can't say it's a total loss.

NPT

Just a member
Meh, this episode was rather bland. The May/Brock/Wally wigs were nice easter eggs, and the Kiawe fanboying over the concert was kind of funny.... other than that, there's nothing interesting to note. I didn't really care about DJ Leo or his band of Dugtrios.

The dub was pretty bad. The PokéProblem scene was cut as expected, and Team Cathcart Rocket went back to making stupid rhymes. Also, the Kalos Gym Battle theme and the catchy variation of the Pokéride theme was replaced with Goldfarb's generic "hip" music.

Music kept in Dub (4)
  • Title card theme
  • Kalos Route 4
  • Alola Wild Pokémon battle theme
  • Alola Trainer battle theme

Last edited: