• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Here's an Odd Team.

Abyssion

Dark Type Fanboy
First Shot at Competitive Battling. (Yes, there is Effort in this)

Here's a team I made a while ago. Any suggestions or criticism would be appreciated.

Gliscor
Item:Salac Berry
Nature:Impish
EV's: Maxed out Attack and Speed
-Aerial Ace
-Sword dance
-Earthquake
-Baton Pass

Yep, this guy is a Heracross counter, a physical sweeper, and a swordspasser. He'd probably pass to Garchomp so that he'll become even tougher.

Lucario
Item:Wise glasses?
Nature: Docile
EV's: Special attack is roughly 220 and Speed is roughly 190. The rest are unknown
-Aura Sphere
-Flash Cannon
-Calm Mind
-Dragon Pulse

I was planning on having this one use Reversal and such, but I just went with special sweeper instead. Dragon Pulse is for when he goes against Flying/Fire, Flying/Water, or something else that Aura Sphere and Flash Cannon don't work against.

Garchomp
Item: Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
EV's: 252 in Attack, 252 in speed
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Swords Dance
-Fire Fang

This is what I'd be sword passing to, obviously a Physical Sweaper.

Vaporeon
Item:Leftovers
Nature:Calm
EV's: HP 252, 128 Def, 128 Sp. Def
-Aqua Ring
-Acid Armor
-Baton Pass
-Surf

Obviously a passer, and a bulky water. I'd pass the Aqua ring and Acid Armor to someone like Houndoom or Blissey who need it.

Houndoom
Item: Petaya Berry
Nature:Modest
EV's: Mostly Sp. Atk and speed.
-Flamethrower
-Dark Pulse
-Substitute
-HP Grass

This guy's a special sweeper, obviously. I might pass Acid Armor to him in case I run into something like Heracross or someone like him.

Blissey
Nature: Should be bold
Ev's: *not EV trained*
-Ice beam
-Thunderbolt
-Calm mind
-Softboiled

This is a Special Wall and she's likely to be aided by Vaporeon so that she won't get killed by a Physical volley. Standard CMbliss moveset. She's not actually EV trained, so I might switch her for Manaphy.

Manaphy
Item: Damp Rock
Nature: Lonely
EV's: 252 HP, 108 Sp Att, 148 Sp Def
-Surf
-Raindance
-Rest
-Grass Knot

Lonely is a bad nature, but it's because of it that I can get it. It was a friend's, but he wants to try for a better nature. Anyway, this guy would be a special wall with some help from Acid Armor to help with his lowered Def. The Raindance + Rest is like a Full Restore which will be improved with the damp rock.

Last edited:

Fireboy3000

Judo-Chop!
Your houndoom needs a chioce band as an item and the other pokemon with berries need leftovers. Why bother wi-fi battle with a pokemon that isn't Ev train that'll lead to trouble in your battles

P.S. Why do you have 7 pokemon on your team? Do two of them switch out?

Shnitzel_12

He states:

Blissey
Nature: Should be bold
Ev's: *not EV trained*
-Ice beam
-Thunderbolt
-Calm mind
-Softboiled

This is a Special Wall and she's likely to be aided by Vaporeon so that she won't get killed by a Physical volley. Standard CMbliss moveset. She's not actually EV trained, so I might switch her for Manaphy.

"L"

Why are you using Aqua ring when Vaporeon has the far more superior Wish move in it's arsenal.

Abyssion

Dark Type Fanboy
kairu trainer said:
Why are you using Aqua ring when Vaporeon has the far more superior Wish move in it's arsenal.
He was for a baton pass team, but I might change it to Wish since that would be better for this team.

I forgot that Manaphy would be my second Water type, which is a bad thing. Any recommended walls?

aquasuicune

Because this isn't a BP team, you might consider this moveset for vaporeon:
Vaporeon@leftovers
Calm/Bold
Surf
Ice Beam
Wish
Shadow Ball/Protect/Toxic

Shadow ball if you want more offense, protect if you want to stall with wish, toxic to take down annoying stuff like suicune.

Good walls would include pokemon like skarmory, regice, cresselia, uxie, blissey, dusknoir, milotic, bronzong, spiritomb, steelix, and rhyperior. Take your pick.