• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Here's Lookin' At You Elekid! (263)

Gillachu

Banned
Lol, James trading Victreebel for a Weepinbell was so dumb. What a pointless subplot that was since he ended up with nothing in the end...

I was scratching my head when James swapped his lovable screaming Victreebel for Weepinbell, but I was relieved when Casy captured Elekid. :)

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Lol, James trading Victreebel for a Weepinbell was so dumb. What a pointless subplot that was since he ended up with nothing in the end...

Well I did think James gave in too easily. Plus it was messed up how his new Weepinbell ended up evolving any ways, tho at least it found love. ^^;

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Casey didn't deserve that Elekid: She didn't even have rival status, so her team was irrelevant. James leaving his two Victreebel behind was such a cruddy ending.

Leonhart

Imagineer
This episode made me realize that we hadn't seen Nanako in ages, but her subplot revolving around capturing Elekid was fitting. I can't say that I enjoyed Kojirou's subplot, though. Him swapping his beloved Utsubot for the Koiking Salesman's Utsudon and ultimately ending up with nothing was a sad turn of events.

Wasn't this where we had a new animation style change? I vaguely recall the colors becoming brighter and me getting upset by the sudden changes.

Vipsoccermaster

Pretty good episode, for Casey, that is. Sad for James, however, him losing Victreebel and Weepinbell, but alas. Pretty cool to see Elekid taking care of Larvitar, though. That Magikarp salesman strikes again!

Props to the writers for changing the episode format for animation, but this was so long ago, way before Serebii made this thread.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Props to the writers for changing the episode format for animation, but this was so long ago, way before Serebii made this thread.

I enjoyed the change to digital animation in this episode, because now everything looked so vivid. Still, I do wonder why the producers decided to change the animation style here rather than wait until Jouto was over, although maybe the return of the Koiking salesman and Nanako was a factor.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
Kind of sad there wasn't more focus on Victreebel leaving the cast. It had been on the show for about 200 episodes after all! This is the second time something major happens for a main cast Pokemon without the episode focusing on them in just a few episodes (the first being the completely random evolution of Pineco).

I always loved Victreebel's scream, it's such a random voice, but it works so well!

Leonhart

Imagineer
BulleDeChagrin said:
Kind of sad there wasn't more focus on Victreebel leaving the cast. It had been on the show for about 200 episodes after all! This is the second time something major happens for a main cast Pokemon without the episode focusing on them in just a few episodes (the first being the completely random evolution of Pineco).

I always loved Victreebel's scream, it's such a random voice, but it works so well!

I did feel that Kojirou's Utsubot got the short end of the stick here since it left with little fanfare. Even Kojirou's devastation regarding the trade with the Koiking salesman seemed tame and almost like an afterthought given how little time Kojirou spent mourning his Utsubot.

Wonder why they didn't reanimate the flashbacks, but the new animation style looks really nice.
Nice to see Casey and Meganium again (I wish Ash's Bayleef could fully evolve someday!) Elekid and Larvitar's interactions are so cute!!!!!!! Poor James, but at least his two Victreebel are in love.