• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Hero (K+; Pokeshipping)

XxM!styxX, that was a brilliant chapter! I loved it so much. I really enjoyed the conversation between Ash and Misty and how Misty replied to him, that was really funny!:D

As for Latias, she seems innocent and I hope she is. I think it's only jealousy that she has against Misty and nothing else. But her jealousy sure causes lots of problems in this story. OOOH, I liked the Contestshipping Part you had in, that was a nice flashback! DAMN MAX AND BROCK! WHY DID THEY HAVE TO RUIN EVERYTHING?!

Well you’re just in time Ash Ketchum,” the Nurse Joy smiled at them happily, “Your badges please…”

Misty sweat-dropped as Ash searched his person desperately exclaiming, “Oh no! They’re with Brock…”

“And Brock is here!” A voice behind them exclaimed.

I knew it! After writing for so much about the League, you wouldn't just exclude it!

And nice Spoiler.

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
MistyLover: Well I wouldn't say BRILLIANT ^^;; I'm not sure what you were considering as 'not excluding' but I'm guessing it's the scene where Ash leaves his badges with Brock? Yeah I had to put that in just because Ash has to be forgetful like that, plus I just couldn't have him not the join the league, it would ruin Ho-oh's whole plan and force me to invent a new ending! haha (I already have the ending written if anyone is wondering :D)
TRYING UP THE CHAPTER RIGHT NOW, JUST HAVE TO INVENT A FEW MORE PAGES AND I"M DONE YEY!!! Unfortunately, school starts in a week so I'll be forced to take longer on the fic :(
*HUGS REVIEWERS* I'm glad you guys stuck with me :)

HelloKitty17

therocketsummer</3
“And Brock is here!” A voice behind them exclaimed.

I KNEW IT! lol sorry I got excited anyway sorry about the incredibly late review, everytime I tried to review on this story, the forums went down. I hate my life -_- just kidding. I agree with MistyLover, this chapter WAS brillant! But ugh Max and Brock, at the perfect contestshipping flashback, they ruin it. ='[ I'm sure it will be well worth the wait when they get to have a real talk though? right? :]] Thanks for the PM before I forget and as always Ash and Misty were adorable in this chapter, I love the way you portray their interactions. :]]

Artemis Ignitan

*~*Northwind Gale*~*
Yay! I'm back from vacation! I've been wondering where you've been, AP work eh? ...Yeah...that stuff's a killer.

Now onto the story!

The beginning was so cute, I couldn't stop smirking at the "Ice cream man" line. I still am. :3

Good job, Psyduck! *gives Psyduck a donut and watches him choke on it* Oh boy...

The Pokemon Center scene was brilliant. Now Brock's got two people pulling his ears...lovely.

I'll be looking forward to your next chappie! :3 Oh...and I finally got Chapter 10 up in my fic some time ago. We've both come back from long hiatuses! :3

Rubn Alq

I have no Title
And here I am... 3 weeks and this is my only free time...

I would say its a 8.7/10...
I dont think HO-OH is evil, really, I just think hes doing something good that just doesnt look like something good jeje.
I really like the way you put the contestshipping in.
I can't even imagine whats next, I will be waiting next chapter... an hope you post it soon.

I have been studying for a while today and im realy tired so I dont know what to say =S...
I think I will just get sleep over the keyb.... zzZZzzZZzzZZzzZZ

AH WHAT??!! mom I dont want to go school today please!

???
Ohhhh right.. Sorry u_u

AHH, and sorry for my "english".

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
hello all! how long has it been now? 2 months or something? well I'm letting you know I will be posting the next chapter up soon, everyone be expecting that alright??
now to answer reviews!!
@HelloKitty17 - thanks for your review even if its kinda later, yea everyone seems to like the PKMN center scene lol
@Artemis Ignitan - hey ill be sure to read that chapter you mentioned
@Rubn Alq - Ho-oh not evil? you might wanna rethink that one... remember Oak saying they like to take the wrong evolutionary parth

GUESS WHAT GUYS?? NOW I HAVE VARSITY SOCCER TO WORRY ABOUT ADDED TO HW!! ISNT THAT GREAT?!?! =p

TheKickerOfElves

Chikity Check Urself
For starters, love the story. I can tell you want to make this a good one. As for the whole Ho-oh thing, he might be evil, yes, but his intentions might be good in the long run. I really like all the ships going on..Contest, Poke..personal favorites. Keep up the awesome story and keep the ships coming(especially Poke haha). Cant wait for the next chapter!

Araleon

Chill
Hi, I like this fic, please continue it! The way you describe the realations of Ash and Misty is mostly IC, although the hair scrunchy is iffy... Will we be seeing the league battles? Or will we just read the results, and it mostly focus on Ho-Oh?

Araleon

Araleon

Chill
Hi, I like this fic, please continue it! The way you describe the realations of Ash and Misty is mostly IC, although the hair scrunchy is iffy... Will we be seeing the league battles? Or will we just read the results, and it mostly focus on Ho-Oh?

Araleon

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
I'm back and so is this fic!

Hey guys, yeah I've come back from the dead now that i've entered university! The biggest problem I'm having right now is that the chapter I was writing (and half way done with) was deleted by my amazing younger sister who thought it was a stupid document! :( so now i'm trying to remember what I was trying to do for this fic and at the same time writing a new chapter 14 without having any idea what i wrote before
:D
Okay soooo... I'm gonna reply to people:
@TheKickerOfElves: thank you so much! Yes I'm trying really hard to preserve this story as well as keep it from getting OOC. (which is pretty hard) and now that I have to reread the story and try to remember what I've been planning its even harder but thank you!
@pokemon4eva: good theory! he's actually not trying to tear him from Misty, he just wants bait... you'll see why.
@Araleon: if you consider the scrunchy iffy, then you should consider pokemon 2000 iffy as well because its veryyy AAML, especially with Misty's feelings, as well as the pokemon episode Gotta Catch Ya Later! because her song is definitely about loving Ash. I'm just kidding, I'm sorry if I made it too OOC there. Anyway yes you will be seeing League Battles! I'm trying to rewatch original Pokemon episodes in order to receate good battles. It'll have equal focus, Ho-Oh as well as the League battles.

anywayyy I'll be super grateful to anyone who continues reading my fic after I've gotten the 14th chapter up this week! I'm glad this thread still exists :x
If you review my story even now, then I'm definitely fitting you into the fic somehow!

Turak

Talk about necromancy, lol. Well, good look with this fic again, and I'll see about reading the new chapter once its posted.

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
necromancy?
thank you so much :)
I know I'm horrible for not updating :(

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
Chapter 14

Okay guys since it’s taken me forever to update, I’m going to make it all up to you and if you review this chapter even though I’ve been horrible on updating, I’ll find a way to incorporate your name into the fic!
Thanks a bunch!
PS: I just started a beta page on ff.net because I realized I can so please check that out and I will be glad to be your beta if you let me!!
/\/\

Chapter 14 - Lies

After Misty was in her room sleeping soundly, May and Max went out to eat lunch with Professor Oak and Dr. Diloreto, Richie, Tracey and Georgio went on a tour of the city, and Ash had decided to go with Brock to check on the battle pairings for the next day. It was around six at night and the Pokémon trainers that had taken the day to find food and shelter were now crowding every corner of the city. In the mix of people, Ash had managed to lose Brock due to the “girl” distractions. Figuring Brock would catch up at the Pokémon Center later, Ash began looking for (what else?) restaurants, preferably the ones with cheap buffets. Ash was running a bit low on money and his stomach had been bothering him since they had arrived at the hotel.

“I’m so hungry, but I’m sure there’ll be some kind of buffet that isn’t crowded with trainers!” Ash said to himself, hoping for the best.

After a half an hour of searching, Ash came across a small park. To the left was a worn playground, the seesaws rusted and the swings creaking eerily. By now the sky had darkened and a strong wind rushed through every ten seconds. Ash sighed and took a seat on a bench feeling defeated, not caring that it was completely wet.

“Aw someone’s looking down today!” Cooed a voice behind him.

Ash jumped up and looked behind him to see Lily Cove leaning over the bench, grinning at him brightly.

“We held onto him for ya,” she nodded down and Kimmy appeared, holding…

“Pikachu!” Ash cried happily, the yellow Pokémon sprinting into his arms.

“The little guy missed you,” Lily continued staring at Ash, “We didn’t know where you went!”

“Well I—” Ash began but was cut short by a tiny “ahem”. Lily and Ash looked down.

“Does this mean Pikachu can’t play with me anymore?” Kimmy’s small voice demanded.

“He can if he wants to,” Ash smiled down at the little girl and nodded to Pikachu, “when I’m not in battles, you guys can play in the afternoons while we eat or something… That is… If your big sister allows it…”

Kimmy turned to Lily immediately and pouted, Lily laughed, “of course you can Kimmy, but when Ash says he has to take Pikachu, you have to promise not to complain.”

Kimmy nodded quickly, grabbed Pikachu from Ash’s arms and ran with the helpless creature to the playground. Ash and Lily watched them and Lily took a seat on the bench beside him.

“So tell me Ash,” Lily said, her eyes on her younger sister, “what happened? There was chaos all over the ferry and I couldn’t find you.”

“Well,” Ash began seriously, “apparently Misty and er, Bianca got into an argument and—”

“Bianca!” Lily exclaimed, suddenly remembering, “Ash I’ve been needing to tell you, I saw her turn into a Pokémon!”

Ash sighed and nodded, “so you found out… Maybe that’s why she disappears so much, to avoid being found out so easily. Anyway, yeah she’s really Latias disguising as her owner Bianca who I met in Alto Mare a few years back and er, I guess Latias wanted to see me…”

“Well I don’t know Ash, there’s something fishy about her,” Lily bit her lip, deep in thought, “I saw her with some strange people and—”

“Ash! Lily!” Kimmy cried happily, pushing Pikachu harshly on the swings, “look how great Pikachu is holding on!”

The mouse Pokémon looked very worn out and suddenly Ash’s stomach growled loudly, reminding him why he was in the park in the first place.

“Do you mind if we find something to eat, Lily?” Ash asked, trying to not sound rude.

“I guess not,” Lily said, feeling slightly offended about being interrupted during such an important matter, I can always tell him later, “my grandmother owns this great buffet place and—”

“C’mon Pikachu!” Ash was already running to grab the Pokémon and the little girl, “we’re off to eat!”
…………………………

Misty stood in front of her mirror, finishing up her look. She had thrown out her ripped up clothes and gotten changed into the spare she carried with her, although it wasn’t the same outfit. Misty finished tying the sideways ponytail and sighed, straightening the short yellow tank top and jean shorts that she still fit into. It was a bit uncomfortable but until she found a clothing store, this would have to do... It sure brought back memories, though. Misty walked over to the window in her large room and looked down at the city, sprinkled with millions of people. Misty’s eyes drifted around the walking dots below her as she murmured Ash’s name, wondering if one of them was him. Misty had contemplated her feelings for the black haired boy many times before and knew she liked him… But also knew he was much too dense to realize he might have a crush on her as well. Misty didn’t want to admit it and was a bit embarrassed that May knew, but she wondered if someday, somehow, something would happen between them even though she knew it was impossible. He was her best friend and to scare him off with an “I have feelings for you” would be, well, out of the question. Misty suddenly jumped as someone opened the bedroom door.

“Oh,” Misty grinned at her intruder, “it’s just you.”

Georgio grinned back at her, blushing, and walked in, “what are you up to?”

“Oh nothing,” Misty looked back out at the city, “just admiring the view, why aren’t you with Richie or Tracey?”

“Decided not to leave you all alone,” Georgio blushed deeper and crept closer to her.

“That’s very sweet of you, thanks,” Misty smiled at him and shrugged, “you know you don’t have to be so nervous around me; we’re friends!”

“I know, it’s just a habit… So… If you have nothing to do… You wouldn’t mind accompanying me and Delcatty,” He nodded to his pokeball which held his Pokémon, “over to the Pokémon Center? I expect Ash and Brock will be there by now.”

“Sure,” Misty blushed inwardly at the mention of Ash’s name and grabbed her bookbag, “let’s go.”
………………

He registered?

“La!” Latias nodded stiffly, holding up a picture containing Ash and his first opponent.

Good, good… let’s allow him to use one of his Pokémon before he uses me… Just so we don’t worry the judges…

Latias agreed and held up the bag that Team Rocket had earlier, questioningly.

Ah, well, we will keep that till later; let’s keep the girl worried about Ash for now after all, if my plan goes as it’s supposed to… we might have to just return the creature…

“La?” Latias was slightly surprised.

And if it doesn’t go as planned… Well then we’ll have a way to lure the girl to us… And consequently Ash…

The two laughed and Latias turned to go.

Wait, Ho-oh stopped her, make sure to go by Team Rocket; those idiots have a paper labeling all of my attacks, give it to Ash after the first battle to study it… Then find a way to get back to Ash. Oh and have those three Team Rockets hold onto that little Pokémon, I’d rather not put you in a situation with it.

The Pokémon, now turned back into a girl, bowed and disappeared.

Just a bit longer and then… The Ho-oh laughed maniacally.
………………

“Hello, Lily, have you brought friends?” An old woman appeared at the front of the small food store.

“Yes grandma,” Lily pointed to Ash and Pikachu, “this is Ash Ketchum from Pallet Town, he’s a trainer planning on competing in the League!”

“That’s wonderful,” the old woman’s eyes fell on Ash, “come on in boy, I’ve got food out… Being a trainer, it’s on the house!”

“Really?!” Ash exclaimed happily, looking dazed at the thought of free food.

“Dig in,” the woman stepped aside from the entrance to reveal a table filled with food from chicken to salads.

Ash and Pikachu’s jaws dropped and then sat at the table, gulping down the closest thing to each of them. Lily and Kimmy both giggled and their grandmother disappeared into the kitchen.

“This… is… delicious!” Ash exclaimed between bites, “I’ll make sure to mention your grandmother in my speech when I win the Hoenn League!”

“Sure Ash,” Lily rolled her eyes, smirking and stood outside the store to watch the streets, “oh it looks like the streets are clearing up a bit!”

“Hmm?” Ash wasn’t really listening.

“Well there’s barely anyone on the streets, I’m guessing they’re all going to see their pairings.”

Lily heard a fork drop and Ash appeared at her side, a determined look on his face, “well let’s go then, you’re competing too aren’t you?”

“Yes, but I didn’t really want to go now, we’ll have to wait hours in line to get to Nurse Joy and ask her!”

Ash shrugged and began walking toward the sidewalk as Pikachu landed on his shoulder, “we’ll crawl through then.”

Lily laughed and stared at him, “you’re kidding right?”
…………………

Misty and Georgio were strolling idly, Misty’s arm intertwined with his. They made their way comfortably around the city, enjoying the silence of the streets.

“It’s such a beautiful night out,” Misty commented cheerfully, her eyes sparkling.

“Yeah,” Georgio nodded and led her past a small park.

Their steps sounded loudly through the silent streets that were lit up by city lights. Misty wondered where the other people were until she realized they must be crowded at the Pokémon Center, as Ash and Brock were, Misty guessed. Georgio suggested they head over to the pairing area, but Misty shook her head.

“No I think we should just walk around for now, I don’t think I’m ready to be in a loud environment yet.”

Georgio agreed and stopped, looking at a small shop to his left, “You hungry? This place doesn’t look as expensive as the others.”

“I’d like that,” Misty grinned at him and they walked into the store, “Er, is anyone here?”

An old woman appeared at the counter and smiled broadly, “Hello, young trainers I’m guessing?”

Misty and Georgio nodded and took a seat at a table that seemed to have been occupied moments earlier.

Misty looked to her left and scrunched up her face, “I wonder what pig gobbled up that food…”

The table was filled with turned over plates and half eaten food, all the ketchup seemed to have been used up. It was a bit disgusting and strangely fresh.

“Oh that?” The old woman brought out two salads and placed them before the teens, “a friend of my granddaughter’s came to eat, apparently he’s in the Hoenn League. Are you two competing as well?”

“No,” they both shook their heads and ate away at the salad.

Whoever it was, I don’t think I would like to meet him, Misty thought, glancing at the table again, but it does remind me of someone…
……………………

Ash, Pikachu, Lily, and Kimmy reached the Pokémon Center minutes later. As Lily had predicted, it was filled to the brim with trainers. Nurse Joy was at the front trying desperately to tell each trainer who their opponent was. Officer Jenny was trying to calm down the crowd. Ash frowned, trying to think of a way through them. Would he really have to resort to crawling under? Perhaps so. Ash pulled back his hat and kneeled down to crawl but was stopped by a voice behind them.

“Ash! Finally I found you,” Brock had caught up, “I was looking all over, but you know I am around… girls.”

Ash stifled a snort and shrugged, “it’s alright Brock, I was just trying to find a way through these other trainers! Lily and I really want to know our opponents.”

“You mean YOU really want to know,” Lily corrected him immediately, “I really can wait until tomorrow—”

She was interrupted by two heads appearing behind Brock, eager to see them.

“Oh hey guys,” Tracey grinned at them as he and Richie greeted them, “our tour just finished.”

“Yeah,” Richie exchanged nods with Ash, “we were planning on meeting up with Georgio here…”

“Why, where is he?” Brock asked, confused, “I thought he went on the tour as well.”

“No, he said something about not wanting to leave Misty alone,” Tracey shrugged, “I’m guessing he’ll walk over with her in a bit.”

“Anyway Ash,” Richie pressed, “I don’t think you have to make such an effort, Professor Oak will be here with Max and May in a minute, so he can probably get you to the front without such a struggle.”

“Great!” Ash beamed and Pikachu hopped on his head, “I think Pikachu and I will walk around a bit until Oak comes… Lily and you guys can get acquainted while I’m gone.”

As Ash disappeared, the group exchanged smiles with Lily who quickly introduced herself, “Well, I’m Lily Cove, and um… My great-grandmother was the founder of Lilycove and I was named after it…?”

“That’s cool,” Brock and Tracey nodded approvingly and exchanged hellos before they both began discussing breeding and drawing.

Richie grinned at her a bit shyly and stuck out his hand in a gentleman-like manner, “hey it’s nice to meet you Lily, I’m Richie and this is Sparky.”

He looked at the Pikachu on his shoulder that called out happily, “pika!”

“Oh! Nice to meet you,” Lily leaned over and shook the Pikachu’s paw after she shook Richie’s.

Lily asked Richie if he would be competing in the Hoenn League as well but he shook his head and explained the Georgio had invited Misty and him to go. Lily nodded in understanding and they tentatively held each other’s gaze.
……………

After their light dinner, Misty and Georgio began walking over to the Pokémon Center, her arm still intertwined in his.

“… And she said, no but I have Krabbies!” Both laughed at Georgio’s joke.

“I think I’ve heard that one before, but I’m not really sure where…” Misty commented, her eyes watching the Pokémon Center in the distance as they walked.

“So…” Georgio glanced at her and blushed, “do you still have feelings for the guy you told me you liked?”

Misty’s blush rose in her cheeks and she tried desperately to forget she had ever said that. Georgio reminded her of the first time they battled in Cerulean City.

“Oh that,” Misty tried to give the least awkward answer, “I guess I still do…”

“Do I know who this person is?” Georgio pressed as they were 100 meters away from the Center.

“Maybe,” Misty shrugged and grinned, “sorry, it’s a secret, only I know!”

“Well maybe I can guess? It’ll be our secret,” Georgio joked, grinning back, “maybe it’s—”

“MISTY?!” They both froze and looked up to see a black haired boy stalking toward them, a slightly angry expression on his face, a small Pikachu running behind him worriedly.

“Oh hey Ash,” Misty smiled at him cheekily, her arm tightening around Georgio’s, “what are you doing outside? I thought you’d be climbing over trainers trying to get to the front!”

Ash glared at her and looked at the boy, not remembering who he was, “who’s this?”

“This,” Misty pulled the scared-looking boy closer, “is my friend Georgio! I’m sure you met him at the hotel!”

“Your friend?” Ash sneered, glancing down at their arms, “well, whoever he is, he doesn’t need to be holding your arm!”

Georgio was about to interject a comment but Misty leaned closer to Ash angrily, “do you have a problem with my arm bring around his?”

“As a matter of fact—” Ash began, taking out a pokeball.

“Ash!” Voices were calling his name.

The three looked up to see Professor Oak, Max and May with the others. Ash gave a final menacing look at Georgio and turned on his heel, stomping back to Professor Oak. Misty smirked slightly and gave Pikachu a sympathetic look, who returned it. She then apologized to Georgio and led him quickly to the others, who were already making their way back to the Pokémon Center. Georgio accepted her apology and gave her a knowing smile who in turn stared at him weirdly before they both followed the group inside quickly.
………………..

My, my, he’s gotten jealous already? The large bird Pokémon sneered happily at the news Latias had sent him telepathically, well, Latias, what are you waiting for? Head over to them before they disappear with that Oak person…

Ho-oh felt a tinge of memory as he spoke the name and thought for a moment, where have I heard that name before?

*flashback*

Fool,
the new person stood with the body of the one who had disappeared when he heard a gasp behind him, who’s there?

The human walked cautiously closer to the noise as it began to run. Through the clearing he could see a brown haired boy with his sketchpad, running away as quickly as possible.

Hmmm, the person narrowed his eyes and then laughed; now I can stay in this body for another 40 years and then I must find a new body…

The man turned to look up at the sky. Perhaps he would follow that child through his life; perhaps this child would grow up and befriend a possible body he would be able to use. That was after all, how the evolutionary path of this creature worked. Feed on the specific human’s victory throughout his life and then when the person was at his highest point, the point of success, only then could the Pokémon be able to take the human’s energy as his own and use his body for another few years until it deteriorated. For the next 40 ears, the man, whose name was once Dave had spied and followed around the Sam boy, who had once travelled through time and met a peculiar black haired boy in the future. Immediately, Dave, always hiding from view, had decided the boy would be his next victim. As Dave’s body began growing older, the Pokémon had discarded the body and remained in its regular form, always looking out for the black haired boy, whom he had once saved. On the first day of Ash Ketchum’s journey when he became of age, the creature had made its appearance to him and continued to do so through the years… Until now.

*end flashback*

Ho-oh smirked to himself and stared at the pokeball at his side. Soon he would have to enter that wretched thing. But it was necessary to get Ash through the tournament… To get him to the most successful moment in Ash’s career. If it went as planned, Ho-oh would be able to change… If it didn’t work… Well then Ash would have to be taken by force, as what had happened to Dave…
………………

As the group pushed through the crowd, May had caught a glimpse of green hair in the midst of trainers and had, unnoticed, parted herself from her friends. May began pushing through the people, whom all were cheering loudly for Professor Oak, pleading him for autographs and tips. Finally, after losing her bandana (she had extras), a piece of her left sock, and the zipper on her waist purse, May had been able to catch up with the patch of green… It was standing a few feet away. May crept closer and prodded the person’s shoulder.

“Hey, Dr—” May began when the person turned and she gasped, “Harley?!? What are you doing dressed up as Drew?!”

Harley giggled maliciously at the sight of the disheveled and confused girl and touched the short green wig happily, “it worked didn’t it, love?”

The man whipped off the ‘Drew’ attire which was now replaced by a tight green suit and purple hair, the Cacnea-like hat bobbing on his head.

May nodded slowly and looked around, “Well I really should—”

“Don’t go!” Harley grabbed her hands and blinked, “we simply must catch up, I haven’t seen you since the last Pokémon contest, but you were always with Drew—”

“Jealous?” A shorter, green haired boy appeared beside May, “what are you doing here? Coming to cheat some more?”

“Some more? Oh dear boy I simply have no IDEA what you’re talking about!” Harley gave an airy laugh and grabbed May’s left wrist, pulling her in a different direction, “come May let’s leave this—”

Suddenly Drew’s hand reached out and took hold of May’s right wrist and held her in place, “May doesn’t have to go anywhere with you.”

May blushed and looked back and forth at both males, “uhh… Drew?”

“May stay out of this,” Drew replied curtly and she face-faulted, slightly confused.

“Sure because this has nothing to do with me right?” May scratched her head after they both let go of her wrists.

“Well excuse me, trying to defend your rival I see?” Harley’s eyebrows rose, “interesting! Well I’m not going to leave so easily, boy, are you suggesting a Pokémon battle?”

“If that’s what it takes to get you off our backs,” Drew nodded calmly, “outside then?”

“Done,” Harley lead May and Drew out the Pokémon Center.
………….

“Professor?” Ash had caught up to Professor Oak and was walking at his pace in front of his friends.

“Yes Ash?” Oak smiled down at the boy and prodded his watch, “I think you’re wondering if it’s time to look at the pairings?”

“Why, yes, sir,” Ash grinned at him, “Do you think, if you don’t mind, that I could take advantage of this and get to the front of the line to consult Nurse Joy?”

“My dear boy,” Oak chuckled and pointed at the open desk, Joy behind it, “go right ahead.”

Ash punched the air happily and Pikachu cheered on his hat. They both zoomed to the nurse who was happily ready to answer his queries.

“Nurse Joy, I’m Ash Ketchum, may I please see my opponent for tomorrow?” Ash asked excitedly, prodding the desk with his palm impatiently.

“Of course,” Nurse Joy laughed at his happiness, “there you are…”

She turned the screen on her computer for Ash to see and he drew closer to it. On the right side was his determined face with his name under it and on the left was a blonde haired girl, her hair pulled back in a tight and long ponytail, wearing a gray sweater with a lightning bolt in the center. Below the photograph was the name ‘Karley Bolt’.

“Karley Bolt?” Ash repeated rather loudly.

“Yes, who’s calling me?” A perky voice behind him asked.

Ash turned and saw the girl in the photograph, now standing before him. She sported the same sweater, her pants as gray as her top.

“You’re—” Ash started.

“My opponent? Yes, I know,” the girl waved it off and stuck out a hand for him to shake.

“Well it’s nice to—” Ash pressed his hand into hers and instantly felt a shock surge through his body, “hey!”

Karley giggled at him, “gets ‘em every time! Sorry Ash Ketchum, that’s just my signature move, I like to ‘shock’ people.”

She winked at him and replaced the buzzer in her pocket, “anyway, it’ll be a pleasure battling you tomorrow, the battle’s at noon so make sure to get plenty of rest.”

“You sound like my mother,” Ash muttered before nodding, “yeah, Pikachu and I will be ready!”

“Pikachu?” Karley noticed the small Pokémon at Ash’s feet and her grin widened, “electric, huh? Just my type!”

“Your type?” Ash exchanged uneasy glances with Pikachu.

“Yeah, I’m really into electric types,” she gave him a final smile and disappeared back into the crowd, “see ya!”

“Uhh… bye?” Ash scratched his head and stared after her, why do girls have to be so weird?
……………….

Misty watched Ash run off with Pikachu and exchanged knowing glances with Richie before following Professor Oak behind the front desk and through black doors that read ‘Employees Only’. The room resembled that of the high-tech area Professor Oak had shown Misty at the Gilmaxter in Pacifidlog. There was a giant screen in the center and many people were sitting in front of the screen analyzing different scenes depicted on it.

“Er, what’s this, Professor Oak?” Misty asked, blinking.

“This, Misty, is where police of Evergrande watch different areas of the city. As we speak, cameras are filming everything going on from the forest to the port,” Professor Oak nodded proudly, “yup, all this for the tournament!”

“That’s really cool,” Richie grinned and Sparky jumped off his shoulder, running to the people, inspecting what they did, “looks like Sparky thinks this is cool too!”

A voice behind them cleared its throat and made the group turn. Misty exclaimed, smiling at the creature, not having any hard feelings toward the Pokémon that was currently disguised as its owner. Latias stepped back slightly at Misty’s exclamation but at the sight of a smile, smiled back, waved slightly, and joined the group. Lily watched the Pokémon girl suspiciously with narrowed eyes but said nothing. The rest of the group simply nodded their acknowledgement and the Professor continued.

“Anyway, this is also the room where I want us to meet up if something were to happen that separates the group or an emergency that forces us to evacuate the island quickly, alright?” Professor Oak looked around at the group and spread out his arms happily as the door opened once more, “Ah, finally!”

Ash grinned back at the Professor and closed the door behind him, “sorry Professor, I was just talking to my opponent for tomorrow, Karley Bolt!”

“That’s wonderful that you’re bonding with new people already Ash,” Max nodded his appreciation.

Misty simply snorted and shook her head, “that or maybe he just wanted to get the girl to spill her tactics!”

“Hey!” Ash glared at Misty and walked over to her, “I don’t cheat like that!”

“Sure you don’t.”

“I don’t!”

“Uhuh.”

“I DON’T!”

“Of course,” their friends sweat dropped in the background.

“Grrr,” Ash’s face turned slightly red from anger, “scrawny!”

“Wannabe!”

“Loser!”

“Git!” They were now forehead to forehead.

“Carrothead!”

“Melonhead!”

“Er….” Ash wrecked his brain for more insults.

“Run out of comebacks already, have you?” Misty asked triumphantly and stood back with her hands on her hips, “I think you used to know a lot more back when you weren’t so bigheaded… Oh, wait, you’ve always been bigheaded!”

“Leave me alone!” Ash exclaimed angrily and crossed his arms, an exasperated looking Pikachu on his head, “you’re just jealous!”

“Of what? Bigheadedness?”

“No, the fact that I’m just a better and more experienced trainer now.”

Misty face faulted, but had to admit that although he was as childish as ever, he had gotten a lot better at battling, “alright, alright Ash.”

Misty smiled as Ash’s face lit up. Someone had to be the bigger person, right?

“Uhh… guys?” Tracey’s voice brought them back down to reality, “the Professor was saying…”

Ash and Misty blushed and stepped away from each other, muttering, “sorry.”

“Anyway,” the Professor tried again to continue, “I wanted to explain to you that if something were to happen where we needed a quick getaway, I want you all to meet back here in this room… If someone steps in the way and won’t let you, do what you must to get in… This room will protect you and I mean this in the most serious terms. Strange things can happen when there’s a Pokémon League, especially in the Hoenn region.”

The group was silent, exchanging glances. Ash opened his mouth to ask but Professor Oak immediately replied.

“In due time I’ll explain to you how the room is protective but for now, we shall feast at the Gilmaxter hotel and then you all may go up to your rooms and watch movies or whatever young people these days do.”

And with that, Professor Oak led them out of the room, through the Pokémon Center, onto a tram, and they soon arrived back at the Gilmaxter.
…………..

“Ready to lose Drew?” Harley smirked and took out a Pokeball, staring intently at his opponent.

“Hmm not quite,” Drew frowned and calmly repeated the rules, “one on one, if I win you leave us alone, if you will—”

“I get to spend as much time with May as I want,” Harley winked at the girl who sweat dropped.

May moved awkwardly to the side and watched the two boys stand 50 feet apart. The trainers who had already found out their opponents’ names from the Pokémon Center had stopped to watch the sudden battle, some more curious than others.

“Come on out, Roselia!” Drew was the first to begin and a green Pokémon with roses for hands appeared gracefully.

“You’re going to be obvious Drew? Well I can be pretty obvious too!” Harley kissed the pokeball, did a spin and threw it, “I choose you, Cacturne!”

His signature Pokémon joined the scene sporting its green hat and scarecrow-like features. May was slightly taken aback by the aggressiveness between the two trainers. This was about her, for crying out loud, why was it so serious? She then remembered Drew’s conversation on the boat to Evergrande. Something was different about him. She found herself staring at Drew who looked back and held her gaze until May snapped out of it.

“Are we going to battle or are you going to ogle at her all day?” Harley demanded angrily and immediately launched the first attack, “Cacturne, use pin missile!”

Cacturne did as it was told and began to shoot white, thin needles at Roselia.

“Roselia, use petal dance to block the pins,” Drew reacted as confidently as usual and his Pokémon easily blocked the attack.

“Fast little thing, aren’t you?” Harley sneered at Roselia, “Cacturne, jump in the air and use poison sting!”

The Pokémon launched itself into the air with one quick swoop and began shooting its stings at Roselia from all different directions. Without being told to do anything, Roselia jumped from side to side, avoiding the hits.

When Cacturne reached the floor, Drew took his shot, “Roselia tackle Cacturne.”

Because this happened within seconds, Harley had no time to react and thus, Cacturne flew into the air once more, now propelled by the opponent.

“Roselia, petal dance on Cacturne to keep it secured, then poison sting!” Drew stared at the two Pokémon and watched as Roselia did as it was told.

While Cacturne flew across the threshold, Roselia engulfed it in petals and then shot poison at the extremely distraught Pokémon. Harley barred his teeth in anger but wasn’t sure what to do. By the time Cacturne fell to a stop, it was obvious who the victor was. Drew smiled and returned Roselia while Harley dejectedly called back his Cacturne. May came closer to Drew and looked expectantly to see what would happen.

“Alright fine, fine you win, little green-head,” Harley frowned and looked toward May, “no hard feelings.”

“Ummm,” she looked at him unsurely but before she could say anything more, Harley was gone.

She turned to her rival/friend and thanked him. He shrugged it off and dug into his pocket to produce a rose. May took it automatically and grinned.

“Do you do that to everyone or just me?” She indicated to the flower.

Drew closed his eyes and smiled, “no, just you.”

He opened his eyes looked at her once more and walked off. May stood there; looking more lost than ever and remembered her friends.

“Oh man, they’re probably already back at the Gilmaxter!” With that she rushed off into the night.
………….

After everyone was seated and comfortable, Latias asked Ash with her motions to follow her to the entrance of the hotel. Ash shrugged and followed. When they were outside, he turned to her.

“So what’s up? Anything new with Ho-oh?” Ash remembered, “I’m really sorry for completely forgetting about him, I’ve been so busy with all these problems, one which you started, by the way.”

Latias frowned and looked slightly sad, shaking her head in an apologizing manner, “la la la… Latias!”

“Oh I forgive you,” Ash smiled, “looks like Misty forgave you as well… Now what was it you wanted to tell me?”

Latias nodded and took out a sheet of paper, handing it to Ash quickly. He took it and his grin widened, looking up excitedly.

“So I get to use him? I guess that’s what training involves…” Ash exclaimed happily, knowing this was his ticket to win the League, “but I don’t think I should use him in the first match… I mean, wouldn’t that cause suspicion?”

Latias nodded her head in agreement and pointed at different parts of the page. Ash saw that each explained different attacks and ways to use Ho-oh.

“Thanks,” Ash smiled at her, pulling Latias into a hug, “tell Ho-oh I’m very thankful and willing to help in any way.”

Latias blushed slightly into his shoulder and pulled away, forcing a smile. Then she made a yawning noise and pointed to a point in the city, indicating it was time for her to leave. Ash grinned at her and waved as the Pokémon transformed and disappeared into the night. When she was gone, Ash folded the paper into his pocket and walked back in, quite satisfied. Latias, on the other hand, was looking very determined and slightly sad. Ash considered her a friend and so did Misty—the redhead had even forgiven her… Latias tried to shake these thoughts off but was unable. This internal struggle between what was right and what she wanted was getting harder by the second.
………………..

Meanwhile, Team Rocket was sitting quite bored at the edge of the Evergrande forest, over viewing the city.

“We’re never gonna get Pikachu!” Jesse complained loudly, sitting between her two comrades on the grassy floor.

“Don’t worry Jesse,” her British male counterpart tried to comfort her, “the bird said we’d get it and then we’ll be on our way! Patience, remember?”

“And then the Boss will finally love me!” Meowth daydreamed happily, slightly dazed, “Persian will be nothing compared to me when I bring him Pikachu!”

The small cat-like Pokémon imagined the scene:
Meowth approached the Team Rocket boss cautiously, in his hands a calm, uncharacteristic Pikachu. Giovanni sat curiously and watched the Pokémon enter with the other Pokémon in hand.

“Good job Meowth, you really are the most amazing pet ever, please stand right next to me forever, this stupid Persian needs to leave, now,” Giovanni stood and clapped his hands, a group of workers entered and took the Persian, which glared at Meowth, away.

Meowth grinned happily and left the Pikachu on the ground, running to stand by its master.

“Good Meowth,” Giovanni pet the Pokémon that began purring happily when all of a sudden it was shocked by the Pikachu.

Meowth snapped out of it as Jesse and James wacked him across the head.

“What do you mean ‘YOU’LL bring him Pikachu’?!” Jesse looked angrily at Meowth and crossed her arms, “if anyone’s going to bring him Pikachu and get rewarded it’ll be us!”

Jesse and James leaned against each other and began to daydream as well.

“You’ve done such a great job at recovering this Pikachu that I think you two deserve a reward,” laughed Giovanni very un-Giovanni-like with an unconscious Pikachu in his arms.

Jesse and James’ eyes sparkled with delight at what they might receive.

“Congratulations, I’m resigning and appointing you two as heads of Team Rocket!” With that, the former boss got up and left, leaving his servants to dress Jesse and James in king and queen attire.

“Yay we’re bosses, we’re bosses,” Jesse and James pranced around in a circle of happiness.

“I meant us you dummies!” Meowth knocked them out of their daydream with a yell, “geez louise! You guys are slow.”

“You wanna see slow?!” Jesse made a grab for the Pokémon but James restrained her.

“Calm down Jesse, just concentrate on what we’re watching over!” James indicated to the moving bag at their feet, loud squeaks protruding from it.

“Shut up will you?!” Jesse leaned to the bag and took her anger put on it, “you’ll be back to your stupid trainer soon enough!”

In her rant of anger, Jesse managed to kick the bag with such force that it went into the air and soared away from them. Team Rocket’s jaws flew open as they watched the bag go… go… go until it was a speck. Then it was gone. James and Meowth turned slowly to Jesse who sweat dropped and giggled nervously.

“Let’s not tell Ho-oh about this, huh guys?”
…………………

May had managed to return to the group just as they began to eat and Lily had dropped off Kimmy at her grandmother’s restaurant. The table was large with Professor Oak at the front, Ash to the left of him and Tracey to the right. Pikachu sat on Ash’s lap attentively. Next to Ash sat Misty, Max, May and Lily. On Tracey’s left sat Brock, Richie and Georgio. Dr. Diloreto sat on the other side of the table next to Georgio and Lily. As Professor Oak bed everyone to dig in, Ash’s mouth and hands were already moving, chugging and swallowing food as fast as he could go. Misty gave Ash a disgusted and wiped her face with a napkin as pieces of meat and sauce fell on her face from his speedy eating.

“For once, you could pretend you’re a person,” she muttered sarcastically.

“Huh?” He leaned toward her to hear more clearly what she had said and in opening his mouth, spit more pieces in her face.

Misty stood up looking very aggravated and pushed her chair aside, stomping out of the room loudly. As she slammed the door, everyone was silent and turned to Ash pointedly.

“Gwhat?” He raised his eyebrows and tried to swallow the last chunk of chicken before downing a full cup of soda.

“Go apologize to her!” May demanded, crossing her arms.

“You do eat kind of… messily,” Lily admitted, looking at Ash sympathetically.

“Pika, pi,” Pikachu looked up at his trainer honestly, agreeing with the others.

He scrunched up his face, slightly annoyed but sighed and stood, Pikachu jumping up from his lap onto the chair, “I guess you guys are right. Pikachu stay here with the others, I’ll be right back…”

He walked out with a slouch and closed the door behind him soundlessly. Moments later Ash poked his head back through the door and looked at everyone suspiciously, warning them to save some food for him. The group chuckled softly and returned to their eating, curious to see if Ash would return in one piece.

Ash rubbed his arms as cold air hit him from outside. The night was calm and there was no movement except for the redhead sitting on the sidewalk, her arms around her knees, her feet shuffling from side to side awkwardly. Ash cleared his throat, stepping forward, and the girl froze. He walked to her side cautiously and sat down next to her, looking up at the sky. The moon was rather bright and stars sparkled among the city lights.

“Remember those nights when we were out camping in the mountains with Brock?” Ash spoke up, grinning at the memories, trying not to say anything that would anger his friend, “this looks like one of those nights.”

Misty nodded and blinked a couple of times before looking down, thinking hard about something. Ash looked at her and furrowed his eyebrows. Calmly he put his hand on her shoulder, causing her to meet his eyes suddenly and he asked her what was wrong. Misty was silent for a few seconds, lost in the serious gaze and opened her mouth to tell him. Suddenly there was a crash nearby and the sound of a Pokémon cry broke through the silence. Misty and Ash stood up and ran over to the area of the sound. As they drew closer, they realized the source was a brown bag that had been ripped on the side. Protruding from the bag was a long blue tail with a bright blue ball at the end…

“AZURILL!” Misty ran to it and ripped open the rest of the bag forcefully.

The water Pokémon hopped into its owner’s arms and shouted its name happily. Ash stood there with his jaw hanging down until he shook himself out of it and grinned, walking over to the happy pair. He rubbed his hand on top of Azurill’s head and looked at Misty who had tears in her eyes.

“Hey hand over the Azurill, you twerps!” Ash and Misty turned to see Team Rocket running over to them, stopping a few feet away.

“Team Rocket!” Ash exclaimed, standing up to block Misty and Azurill from view, “it was you who stole Azurill!”

The group looked at each other, regretting having said anything and rubbed their heads nervously. James laughed and sweat dropped, “we never said that, how could you think such a thing?”

“Oh please don’t give me that,” Ash took out a Pokeball and called his Sceptile out, ready to battle, “are you guys ever going to stop?”

“This is a mistake kid,” Jesse said through gritted teeth but went to take out a Pokémon anyway.

“Oh yeah? Sceptile use solar beam!” Before Team Rocket could react, Sceptile had shot its attack and the group was blown into the air.

“Looks like Team Rocket’s blasting off again!” Their voices faded until the thieves were gone.

“Thanks Ash,” he turned to be greeted by Misty’s warm smile.

He shrugged sheepishly and returned his Sceptile, walking back to the Gilmaxter with Misty and her Azurill.

“See? I told ya I’d get it back for you,” he nudged her playfully.

“You didn’t even get it back for me,” she rolled her eyes at him, “Azurill fell from the sky.”

“Well I did get rid of Team Rocket for you!” Ash replied heatedly.

“I know Ash, I was only kidding,” she laughed wholeheartedly, “I’m really grateful.”

Ash stopped at the door of the Gilmaxter and turned to his best friend, “what was it you were saying before Azurill turned up?”

Misty blushed deep red and smiled at him sheepishly, “it was nothing, Ash.”

…………..

Yay! Chapter 14 is finally done. I’ll get on Chapter 15 immediately and hopefully have it up by next week :D I’m not giving up on Hero <3
Love you guys!
~m

Last edited:

pokeaidmissy

this. Fic. iS. FrEaKiNg. AWESOME!!!!!

GAH! What is wrong with me? I've been so busy with my own shipping fic, that I haven't even read any ship fics lately!!! Your's is definately one of the best I've read!!!

I love the fact that you bring everyone together and that you are making this 'old school'. (Ash belongs with Misty I tell you, MISTY!!!)

Also, you put my favorite character of all time in it: Professor Oak. =]

Grammer-wise, a few comma and capitalization errors, but nothing major.

My only true advice would be more details. But, that's it.

XxM!styxX, you deserve a cookie. *hands over ginormous cookie*

Expect more reviews from me and enjoy your cookie!!!

~PokeAidMissy

P.S.-May I be on your PM list? Pretty please? *puppy-dog eyes*

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
thank you for reviews so far

@pokemon4eva - yay!! hello i remember youu!! i'm glad you missed the fic. <3 i missed all my reviewers as well. I'm glad you liked the way I described Karley.
@pokeaidmissy - you seem to know about syntax and sentence structure... Would you mind being my temporary beta for this fic until my beta FobiddenLugia turns up sometime? it would be a real big help. I'll PM you. :) thank you so much for thinking its good. Yeah I sometimes have trouble with detail, maybe you could help me, like tell me when to add it and so on. youll be the first one to see the chapter before it comes out :) you most definitely may be on the PM list :D

TO ALL:
chapter 15 will be up by monday :)

pokeaidmissy

*faints with pure happiness at being asked to be the beta for the amazing fic writer: XxM!styxX and at the thought of being the first to read the next new chapter*

*looks around after fainting only to find that this really insane reviewer is in clouds among a flock of Swablu*

PokeAidMissy: *turns to a random Swablu* Is this heaven?
Swablu: *sighs* No, you grew really lightheaded with happiness after XxM!styxX asked you to be her beta-
PokeAiMissy: *faints with happiness once more*
Swablu:*sweatdrops* Humans are so weird...so glad I'm not one....

LOL!!! I'M SUCH A WEIRDO!!!!!

Check your Inbox. =]

Until Monday! *sits by calender*

Also, I have a few fics up in the regular fic section. They are old, but if you want to see what others think of my grammer....

Last edited:

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
Woah thanks! Wow I don't think I'm that amazing, I just kinda threw the fic out there.
PS: I'm writing another fic after this one that takes place in Sinnoh ;) *i prefer to write fics where ash doesnt get with misty until the end so that one will be in NO way linked with this one*
I need more reviews GAH!
Definitely up by Monday if I figure out good battle strategies. :3

Turak

Well, just re-read your entire fic so I could remember what happened in it. Even the second time, I enjoyed it. And I'm glad your writing again. Chapter 14 was rather long, but I like that. Can't wait till Ash tries to use Ho-oh in battle. Oh, and necromancy is a term used for when someone revives a dead thread, one that's been inactive for at least six months or so. Anyway, I can't wait till chapter 15!