1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Heroes - Friend and Faux Alike! (832)

Discussion in 'Pokémon the Series: XY' started by Serebii, May 29, 2014.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Ta-da! A Fake Ash Appears!!

Heading towards Shalour City, Ash & Co. enter a town where they are quickly apprehended by Officer Jenny, who claims that three people known as Ash, Serena and Bonnie, who have a Pikachu and a Dedenne, have been caught out numerous times in the town dine-and-dashing, among other things. Ash & co. protest their innocence and decide to help Officer Jenny find the people who are besmirching their good name. Will they be able to find them and resolve this?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. playerking

playerking Sick of dealing with idiots.

The episode starts with Team Rocket having captured Pikachu in a glass ball and they are battling to free Pikachu.

Ash brings out Froakie.

Clemont uses one of his inventions to absorb one of Inkay's attacks.

Ash and co. eventually break Pikachu out and blast Team Rocket off.

Is this a new opening? Well, something to that affect.

Team Rocket have disguiused themselves as Ash and co. and they come across a kid and his Pancham, who they battle.

Team Rocket are going around some town, eating food and then leaving so they don't have to pay.

The real Ash and co. arrive in the town and they go to a hotdog cart, where the man accuses them of not paying I think.

They then go to a Pokemon Center where they heal their Pokemon.

Jenny is outside and announces over a megaphone that Ash and co. should come out.

When they do, Jenny asks to talk to Ash and co. and then Ash and co. hear about people that look like them, committing crimes around the town.

Clemont is now somewhere else and he soon gets a visit from Team Rocket disguises as scientists and they ask Clemont to do something for them, which he does.

Dare Da? Inkay, disguises as Pikachu.

Clemont has now built a Mecha Heliolisk for Team Rocket.

It's now nighttime. Team Rocket applaud and show their thanks to Clemont after he has helped them and then they shut sliding door on him.

Clemont then regroups with Ash and the others at the town's Pokemon Center.

It's morning time and Team Rocket are disguises as Ash, Bonnie, Selena, Pikachu and Dedenne again.

The real Ash and co. here of another sighting of the impostors (I assume) and go to confront them.

After a brief talk, Team Rocket take their disguises off and then reveal their new mecha, that Clemont unknowingly built for them.

Clemont is sad to see that he was tricked.

Team Rocket uses the Mecha to deflect Ash and co's attacks from their Pokemon and then they capture Pikachu into a class ball.

Team Rocket blast off after the mecha malfunctions and Ash finds that Pikachu is missing.

Are they at the same place as before, or did they show the end at the beginning?

Ash and co. come across Team Rocket again on a rocky hill and they proceed to battle them and make them blast off again.

Clemont's invention that he used to absorb attacks, blows up and Bonnie asks if he is okay, or something like that.

To be continued.

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  3. zhixun

zhixun Well-Known Member

They really use the new open theme today. Moreover Citron's device looks awesome to save the day. Apparently this episode also reveals that Serena is from Masara Town too.

4. SerenaForTheWin

SerenaForTheWin Yusarin >_<

so we have a new opening and a new ending, one fresh start to the beginning of shalour era.

i think we already knew this part only we didn't have enough information but now there is a confirmation

so much surprise to start the episode.

5. Serebii

Just a reminder, this thread is for discussion of this episode only. If you wish to discuss the opening/ending, use the standard Anime Spoilers forum

6. NPT

NPT Just a member

So Serena is from Pallet town? Wow, what a surprise!

Edit: damnit, zhixun posted false information!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  7. Serebii

In the thread for it...
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...ucario!-The-Secrets-of-Mega-Evolution!!-(833)

8. zhixun

zhixun Well-Known Member

Which is kind of expected in my opinion. Back on to the episode, too bad that Sonans did not do much on the nise/ fake character but rather than being a background. Not sure that nise Dedenne is from Bakeccha but it would not make sense unless it knows how to minimise.

Kind of funny that Rocket Dan make use of Citron's Way and they imitate the slogan for Citron usually says. Moreover the way for them to blast off is also a surprise from me by making use of the explosion for most of the inventions.

9. Locormus

Locormus Can we please get the old forum back?

10. zhixun

zhixun Well-Known Member

It somehow went to the bottom of Episode Discussion. I saw this thread before this episode aired but I found it next time by searching the keyword 833.

11. Sushi

Sushi unspecified Staff Member Super Mod

They clearly said "Asame Town", which is Vaniville Town.

Clemont was so, so great in this episode. Adorable when he fell for Team Rocket's lies and flattered by their praise, badass when he took revenge.

12. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

Well, at least Officer Jenny wasn't hit by the stupid stick and arrested Ash, Serena, and Bonnie this time, though I can't figure out why Team Rocket were disguised as them in the first place since it didn't relate to their plan

13. Obscurites

Obscurites Well-Known Member

Machines that Citron is involved in building are guaranteed to have a chance to malfunction and explode. That Elezard mecha is no exception, haha.

And long time no see, Citron's Horubee.

14. zhixun

zhixun Well-Known Member

Thank you for the correction as I could not distinguish between Asame and Masara due to signal problem.

Rocket Nise Satoshi/ Serena/ Eureka probably try to make the group to find them, I think Elezard mecha is just because the Rocket Dan wants to let Citron to lose his alert and help them to fix the mecha.

15. Lucario At Service

Lucario At Service Calm Trainer

I think they did those disguises in order to lure away Ash & Co. from Clemont. Because even one of them (especially Bonnie) could have interfered with their plans to have Clemont create/repair/modify something for them.

16. SerenaForTheWin

SerenaForTheWin Yusarin >_<

so this is the episode where citron starts to own a elezard mecha, i'm not surprise since he is shown in the movie site on his character bio with a elezard mecha together with his aipom arm.

17. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Oh, look. A comment."

I demand Serebii to make avatars out of this episode first before he does a huge round at the end of the season.

18. Shego

Shego 90% Kissshipper

I know that Team Rocket were bad guys and all but. I think framing Ash and his friends as they were disguised as them, they went too far.

19. zhixun

zhixun Well-Known Member

Another comment about the new move learned by Bakeccha. I think Aku No Hadou/ Dark Pulse should be used by Maaiika instead of Bakeccha since the former is dark type. Also Maaiika does not have any move used often other than Saike Kousen/ Psybeam but Bakeccha has got Shadow Ball, Yadorigi No Tane/ Seed and Aku No Hadou.

20. Hikatoshi26

Hikatoshi26 Well-Known Member

This was the best and possibly smartest TR has ever been. Dressing as Ash and guys to dine and dash and then sepreate Citron and duped him into building and improving there mecha. Why couldn't they have done that sooner. I must admit James looks cooler as Ash than Ash. A good filler episode especially seeing it was more TR and Citron focused. Easily top 5 TR episodes.