• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Heroes - Friend and Faux Alike! (832)

Navin

MALDREAD
I really don't understand what was so great about TR here. I literally had to fast forward cuz they were annoying as hell. The whole scheme was ridiculous and the fact that anybody could ever believe that Meowth looks like Bonnie or that Inkay could be a Pikachu was literally mind blowing. Still, at least they got some development in their own episode so it wasn't a total waste.

It wasn't great but it wasn't as terrible as they usually are.

Also this:

Finally, they disguised themselves as the twerps. It took them 600 episodes to do that.

Is this really the first time they are doing this? Man, even more disappointing. They could have legitimately had a good dastardly episode doing that instead of just stealing some food.

zhixun

I really don't understand what was so great about TR here. I literally had to fast forward cuz they were annoying as hell. The whole scheme was ridiculous and the fact that anybody could ever believe that Meowth looks like Bonnie or that Inkay could be a Pikachu was literally mind blowing.

Still, at least they got some development in their own episode so it wasn't a total waste.

The only good parts about this episode were Pumpkaboo getting Dark Pulse, Giovanni cameo, and Bunnelby.

And seriously why is it that TR only ever blast off to electric attacks this region?? It's so annoying. Bunnelby was more then capable of taking them down here, Pikachu did not need to be involved.

Rocket Dan also got blast off by the explosion from the Elezard mecha. I am fine with that because Pikachu did not hijack this episode by too much. The only thing I got sick with is that Rocket Dan stealing Pikachu then always fail makes into an infinite loop.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Rocket Dan also got blast off by the explosion from the Elezard mecha. I am fine with that because Pikachu did not hijack this episode by too much. The only thing I got sick with is that Rocket Dan stealing Pikachu then always fail makes into an infinite loop.

I mean when other pokemon are involved who are just as capable of taking TR. He always has to finish it.

zhixun

I mean when other pokemon are involved who are just as capable of taking TR. He always has to finish it.

I pretty much agree with you here now when you stated it. I think Rocket Dan should also get other Pokémon than Satoshi's Pikachu. And let that Pokémon to save the day.

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
This episode had me in stitches. I thought this was an episode dedicated solely in Team Rocket disguising themselves as the gang and Ash and company trying to clear their name, but it had surpassed by expectations. Team Rocket's plan was brilliant and its only failing is that they could not foresee Clemont's inventions blowing up. And how could they? This episode doesn't forget continuity, and it is only natural for them to believe that Clemont's inventions work because they have never seen it blow up. They even mimicked

Clemont was the star of this episode hands down of course. The conflict was centered around Team Rocket's attention towards him and I'm glad he was the on who resolved it after his pure boy heart was deceived.

Bonus points:
-The townspeople and Jenny are not mindnumbingly retarded. They noticed something was off between Fake Ash and co. and the real Ash and co, catching up real quick and even apologizing for it. I'm glad they didn't beat this joke like a dead horse.
-Team Rocket played the heroes' quirks and flanderized it to the max. I have never actually noticed Serena saying jajan until Jessie had to repeat several times this episode.
-Giovanni cameo
-Animation quality is top notch and art direction is great, I mean, how can I forget Clemont's wild takes during their confrontation with Team Rocket and revealing the truth. Moreover, that is one shiny Heliolisk mecha.
-Bunnelbro is bloody back!!

TL; DR: This **** was bloody ****ing great. 9/10, for a filler, but a bloody good one.

Squirtle_007

Well, I have to say that I'm really impressed with TR's plan for once, Jessie can have very good ideas when she's not a hysterical ... girl:
- Disguise as the boy, Serena and Bonnie to lure them away and have Clemont for themselves = Clever
- Make Clemont help them to make their machine Electric-proof and the Pokémon transporter to go 2 kilometers away based off the distance they usually blast off = Intelligent
- Knowing Clemont's inventions tends to explode and use the explosion to blast off right next to the other end of the Pokémon transporter = Brilliant (The sub said that, and if you look closely, TR are smiling when the Helioliskbot exploded)
The plan would've worked if they weren't slacking off looking at the trapped Pikachu like they use to do (-_-)
This is how Team Rocket should be used, not like they were used in the episode before ... or in the episode after

Some highlights of the episode:
- Inkay/Maika saying "Ika" when it was in its Pikachu cosplay ... weird, but oddly convenient
- People in town immediatly seeing the difference between the fakers and the originals ... they made look people of Petalburg City like a bunch of morons
- The animation of this episode must be really good, they even made Bunnelby cute
- What pissed Serena off about her doppelganger was not the fact that she was impersonating her (even when Jessie's mocking made her mad too), it was the quality of her clothes ... classic Serena XD, when she gets her push, she will be a blast

Very cool episode, I hope the guy who wrote it also writes a Serena episode in the future

Last edited:

zhixun

Well, I have to say that I'm really impressed with TR's plan for once, Jessie can have very good ideas when she's not a hysterical ... girl:
- Disguise as the boy, Serena and Bonnie to lure them away and have Clemont for themselves = Clever
- Make Clemont help them to make their machine Electric-proof and the Pokémon transporter to go 2 kilometers away based off the distance they usually blast off = Intelligent
- Knowing Clemont's inventions tends to explode and use the explosion to blast off right next to the other end of the Pokémon transporter = Brilliant (The sub said that, and if you look closely, TR are smiling when the Helioliskbot exploded)
The plan would've worked if they weren't slacking off looking at the trapped Pikachu like they use to do (-_-)
This is how Team Rocket should be used, not like they were used in the episode before ... or in the episode after

Some highlights of the episode:
- Inkay/Maika saying "Ika" when it was in its Pikachu cosplay ... weird, but oddly convenient
- People in town immediatly seeing the difference between the fakers and the originals ... they made look people of Petalburg City like a bunch of morons
- The animation of this episode must be really good, they even made Bunnelby cute
- What pissed Serena off about her doppelganger was not the fact that she was impersonating her (even when Jessie's mocking made her mad too), it was the quality of her clothes ... classic Serena XD, when she gets her push, she will be a blast

Very cool episode, I hope the guy who wrote it also writes a Serena episode in the future

Maaiika imitating Pikachu by saying Ika is great since it is imitating Pikachu. I would not say that Musashi is a doppelganger of Serena because they looked very different to me. Doppelganger of characters looked much similar than this one in my opinion.

ScraftyIsTheBest

No need to worry!
This was a really hilarious episode, Team Rocket actually serves as nice comedic relief for once (which is, as of now, supposed to be their main purpose). My only problem is that the Team Rocket Trio is quite poor at making themselves look like Ash, Serena, and Bonnie, since they have different eyes, and Jessie has lipstick on (not to mention the drastic height difference). I love how they basically had a unique plan to get Clemont alone so he could make a temporary high quality invention for them, and then use it against the group. The group's reaction to the impersonators was interesting, and Clemont's breakdown when he realized what he had done was kinda funny too. Also, the invention that absorbed all of Team Rocket's attacks was really cool. Overall this was a good and hilarious filler episode, I'm looking forward to more.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
unfortunately xy episode 29 and 30 both didn't receive a rating from ann, the probable reason must be when a double episode airs for that day - most of the time the ratings are usually not included since those ratings applies to those single aired episode only.

Haunter ゴースト

Well i've finally watched the episode now that the subs are out - it was really entertaining. Team Rocket had a great and unique plan, and i felt like the chemistry of Ash and Co. was showed off pretty well this episode.

A fun filler.

6/10.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
I actually really enjoyed this episode, this is the fun Team Rocket I can remember from the original series, they were quite funny here, and I like that they tricked Clemont into helping them, I thought when I first heard about the episode that they would make Clemont think they are the other members of the gang, which I wasn't pleased to hear, come on Clemont these are your friends you should know I thought, but actually I was really pleased to see that they got Ash and co taken by the police, whilst then tricked Clemont into helping them as he thought they were scientists. A fun episode for me, one of the best of XY as well.

The chemistry of the gang shined here, and also was nice to see a bit of more Serena's personality, not liking that Jessie was impersonating her.

Just watched the subs and it was a lot better than I originally thought. I'm glad they have continued to play with the whole Clemont and TR technology crazed sort of similarity and I hope for more episodes like these. When TR is the main focus, they're hilariously great characters. Bonnie: "That's just a description.." Jessie: "That's what I said" And the way they stole each character's catchphrases- lol! Meowth's Dedenne puppet was hilarious.
"I found it pretty hard being as stupid as you" - James. Or something similar. Haha!
Also Clemont breaking down when he realised he made the mechs and put them into great danger was both funny and an interesting concept not used yet in this show. Also Ash went up and embraced Clemont in his arm at the end? I have never seen Ash do anything like that, ever. Well, except with Sam in the movie and Angie I think. But that's rare lol This series is really touchy feely. But in a mature sort of way.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
A must admit, Team Rocket made this episode very entertaining. They were so funny throughout the episode and their plan wasn't too bad, they just picked the wrong inventor. Speaking of Clemont, I still love his inventions and the future is now thanks to Clemont!

Good episode, onto the next one! (just a longer wait than usual)

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
A must admit, Team Rocket made this episode very entertaining. They were so funny throughout the episode and their plan wasn't too bad, they just picked the wrong inventor. Speaking of Clemont, I still love his inventions and the future is now thanks to Clemont!

Good episode, onto the next one! (just a longer wait than usual)
A little longer.....man its depressing, we were only 4 episodes behind Japan! So close!

Supersonicbro

Also Ash went up and embraced Clemont in his arm at the end? I have never seen Ash do anything like that, ever. Well, except with Sam in the movie and Angie I think. But that's rare lol This series is really touchy feely. But in a mature sort of way.

He did that on the episode when clemont fought his gym leader robot at the end. I like when he does that, shows a brotherly connection between them.

He did that on the episode when clemont fought his gym leader robot at the end. I like when he does that, shows a brotherly connection between them.

Haha yeah, I meant in contrast to the rest of the series, I don't remember Ash acting like that in previous seasons. I think it's cool, the writers aren't being so "ew touchie" anymore xD
Jokes aside, probably one of my favourite episodes. Also James: "You can't use machines like that in battle, it's so unfair" lolrly

-chazz-

Pokemon master
Just watched the eng-dub, i think it was a great episode in which every character shined (including TR) especially Clemont. Inkay as a Pikachu was hilarious.