• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Heroes - Latios & Latias! (M05)

Minuy600

Eon Fan
The most underrated movie with the most underrated Pokémon ever. So sad it's the shortest movie of the series, because you can write books the size of the 5th Harry Potter one about the eon duo. Their design is top notch, exactly cute enough for Latias and exactly 'strong' enough for Latios, their powers were amazing at the time before some of the things started being used a bit too excessively and their personality... It seriously bothers me they haven't recieved that much love again in either the games or the anime because they deserve it so, SO much. Hoopa & the Clash of Ages doesn't count. There's the manga but sadly nobody reads it, they did a good job there.

Now before this turns into me ranting about just the eon duo, the movie, for how short it is, is just long enough to show you the important things. Lorenzo and Bianca were solid, Annie & Oakley were pretty good for a twist of the usual Team Rocket or villanious dude type of thing, and the setting is beautiful for what it is, even if it would've been better with the Gen 3 styling. Latios' death was not the very saddest moment in Pokémon but it makes the top 5 easily, and it was the first permanent death for that matter. All those tears flowing back in 2002 or slightly later must've been something else.

Again, everything here is so overlooked, it's sad.

Gah I love this movie so much

Leonhart

Imagineer
Annie & Oakley were pretty good for a twist of the usual Team Rocket or villanious dude type of thing

I just wish that 4Kids hadn't turned them into Rocket-dan members since they weren't even part of that crime syndicate in the Japanese version of the movie. That change has always bugged me.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
What do you mean by "if" Latios passed away? He literally died when he saved the city, so his fate is known for certain.
"if" isn't a word only used to express uncertainty, it can also be used to express certainty, but causation, as it's used in this case

Leonhart

Imagineer
I meant if Latios died, I think that he's no longer able to Mega Evolve for the first time.

Well this movie's Latios clearly couldn't Mega Evolve regardless, but the one seen in the Hoopa movie could. That was our first and likely only chance to witness Mega Latios in action.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Daizy said:
He did die but I think his spirit still exists as seen at the end of the film, so he might be able to Mega Evolve.

Latios was definitely dead, although his aura or ghost or whatever was apparently still guarding the city. I doubt that dead Pokemon can Mega Evolve, though.

The most underrated movie with the most underrated Pokémon ever. So sad it's the shortest movie of the series, because you can write books the size of the 5th Harry Potter one about the eon duo.

I found them kind of boring so I'd find it hard to write a single paragraph about them much less a whole book. Latios's only good moment was him sacrificing himself.

Minuy600

Eon Fan
I found them kind of boring so I'd find it hard to write a single paragraph about them much less a whole book. Latios's only good moment was him sacrificing himself.

Well i'd reccomend reading the manga if you think they're rather boring. Shows a lot more of their smart and serious side, especially with Latias.

Weavile-da-god

Aerodactyl and Kabutops being ancient Pokemon that caused trouble in Alto Mar in the past pissed me off because it was another example of fossil Pokemon being made out to be the bad guys.

SerenaRulez

Aerodactyl and Kabutops being ancient Pokemon that caused trouble in Alto Mar in the past pissed me off because it was another example of fossil Pokemon being made out to be the bad guys.

Aerodactyl is violent most of the time it appears so I get why it was one of the villains used in this movie and I don't remember any friendly Kabutops ever appearing either so I think of it as a good villain. :)

Leonhart

Imagineer
I wasn't that impressed by the resurrection of Ptera or Kabutops in this movie. They worked well as enemies to fight against Satoshi's group and Latios and Latias, although I would've preferred if they had been completely new Pokemon or Legendaries, instead.

The city of Alto Mare is really beautiful, it reminds me of Venice. I love Latios and Latias so much. The villains were cool too. Latios dies to save the city, and I’m sad. Nice movie. Ash gets kissed. I’ll pretend I didn’t see that. And it was Latias that kissed him, but it doesn’t count because it’s on the cheek. (Ash wouldn’t get kissed for another 14 years, when Serena kissed him on the lips). I love the music in this movie.

6/10