• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Heroes - Latios & Latias! (M05)

latiospwnage123

latios pwns 4 ever

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I didn't like this movie..

but i loved to see Latias, it was very powerfull. the girl that was there was very strange...

4/10

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I only bought the movie because of the Latias and Latios promotional cards haha. I didn't like it at all to be honest, and I understand why it wasn't released in all U.S. theaters now. The English version had an ugly blue tint that made everything darker than it had to be, and that ruined a lot of the scenes for me. I didn't like that Latios died near the end either. It wasn't something I was expecting. Anne and Okley were a joke, I wanted them to be fierce but they let me down. Too bad. 2/10.

Last edited:

CliveKoopa

I just saw this movie earlier through download. I thought it was quite good and Latios and Latias were quite cool and cute looking. I didn't know that they could turn into humans by shapeshifting. I was quite sad that Latios died at the end and I thought Annie and Oakley would be more darker like the villains in Legend Of Thunder. But even so, their doing and especially Oakley's caused Latios' death so they should be punished for it. I don't know what the punishment is for causing the death of a pokemon like Latios is in the pokemon world but they will probably be in prison for a long time unless Giovanni bails them out like he does with Butch and Cassidy but because someone died, bail would be impossible.
As for who kisses Ash at the end, I'm pretty sure its Latias as she becomes a mute in her human form and she is seen painting earlier in the film and she gives Ash a painting at the end. Plus I don't think Bianca would have kissed Ash while Latias seemed to have a crush on Ash since he first saved her from Annie and Oakley.
I was quite shocked to realise that the dubbed storyline is very different to the original and that Annie and Oakley have no affiliation with TR either.

Okay, so we all know that (based on the movie) Latias and Latios are involved with Pokémon reproduction. The first concept is that, how will Altomare get another protector? Did Latias already have some sort of affair with Latios before he gave up his life or will she be suddenly holding the egg without anyone knowing how? This kind of weirdness really boggles me. Well, saying that they'll be covered, then how did they come to be in the first place? It says that Latias and Latios were created as the original Latios saved the city of Altomare. But in the credits at the end of the movie there were only 3 silhouettes that were flying: 2 for the original Latios + the new one; and 1 for Latias. There's no original Latias. Of course this is a loophole that Pokémon forgot about, but we can consider how strange this predicament really is...

My theory on this is that, like Lugia in Master Quest, Latios and Latias can breed and that there are probably more than one living in the Secret Garden. I don't like the idea that Latios, who died at the end of the movie would be the last of its kind, same with Latias. I don't know how or why some of you have come to the conclusion that the Latios seen at the end are Latios and his father. They are dead, D-E-A-D. Latios' spirit is in the soul dew and his father's is in heaven somewhere. I think it is quite obvious that they are different Latios at the end. There is nothing weird about it and there are no loopholes either. Common sense tells you they are different Latios.

Last edited:
Agreed. :D

The movie was great, but it wasn't my favourite. It was good, Latios's sacrifice in the end was touching as well but I for some reason wasn't completely satisfied.

Of course, the mystery remains : who kissed Ash at the end? I'm damn sure it was Latias, because Bianca has no reason whatsoever to do so. But Latias took a liking to Ash and hence kissed him goodbye.

We'll never know for sure. It will be one those mysteries that will never be solved, I guess...

This movie made Latios and Latias two of my top favorite legendaries. I like Latias better, she's so cute. Latios is still cool, though.

It was so sad when Latios sacrificed himself at the end. I think I even shed a tear at that part. Yeah, that's right, I'm not afraid to admit it!

This has to be my top favorite Pokemon movie (out of the ones I've seen, so far):

1.) Heroes
2.) Lucario and the Mystery of Mew
3.) Giratina & The sky Warrior
4.) The Rise of Darkrai
5.) Jirachi: Wish Maker
6.) Destiny Deoxys
7.) Arceus and the Jewel of Life

Rennon

Revisiting Trainer
Okay, I know this movie's old but something still bothers me.
I just re-watched the movie 3 days ago and I noticed something I didn't notice before, was that a Mantyke that carried Latias back or was it a badly drawn Mantine?
Didn't they make that movie when 3rd gen was just starting? So why would a 4th gen. PKMN like Mantyke be there?

wind21

There's no pokemon episode or movie that makes me feel as appreciative of life as this movie does. Something I think that's been lost later on in this anime (even in Sinnoh) is portraying how magical a world full of pokemon can really be. Sometime later (when I'm writing a little better) I want to write about some of my favorite parts; but for now, I just want to say how every time I watch this movie, I'm impressed.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
After doing much research on the Movie it's safe to say that the girl that kissed Ash in the end was Latias. The real girl that Latias kept changing into had no romantic interest in Ash whatsoever. Unfortantly that's probably the only teaser of human/Pokemon love well ever see in Pokemon... ( sigh )

G50

No longer posting
This is my fav. Pokemon movie by far. Latios and Latias are both awesome! It was sad to see Latios die after sacrificing himself to save everybody. It was funny seeing Latias as Bianca, turning back, and even kissing Ash. It was cool seeing Ash have a lot of fun with Latias.

99/100

dainswfc

i just watched this last night and i thought it was really god i liked latias and latios and how latias kissed ash at the end. i think it was latias because bianca always had that hat on. also in the introduction theirs a porygon behind brs as if it was in prison it made me laugh lol

Last edited:

latias and ash forever

major altoshipper
this movie is by far my fave of all the pokemon movies i think it was really cute the way latias went to ash for comfort instead of her lifelong friend bianca

wind21

It's been a few months since I said I'd review this. So here's my halfway attempt at it.

For me, I think this movie is an example of a first impression always sticking with me. My mom got this movie for me by accident in the first place; I hadn't asked for it. But she was nice enough to let me keep it, so I thought I might as well try it out one Sunday evening when I had a few hours before bedtime (school the next day). So watching the movie, I caught right away this would be one focused on Ash, and solely on Ash. His interactions with Latias are all the more touching because Latias can't talk; that's really the biggest thing. B/c Latias can't talk, almost all of Ash's dialogue with her feels like his sincere thoughts; Latias is characterized as a pokemon, and a simple one at that, and so it never feels like she has ulterior motives or is manipulative. She can think for herself, and does at times in this movie, like when she defends Ash from Latios's attacks; but it's as if she doesn't expect to find bad people in the world, and when confronted with such a situation, she needs support (from her brother, and then from Ash) and, even then, would probably prefer to run away. The support she needs though, is something that a strong character has to provide. And considering the version of Ash that's in this movie, I had never really though of him as a strong a character in that sense, capable of shouldering that type of responsibility and giving that type of support. And, of course, the movie does a great job of developing the friendship with some romantic tension in Latias's transformation to Bianca, building up to Latias's goodbye kiss at the end of the movie. A couple of the scenes in this movie, I think, are ones we're likely never going to see again in this anime from Ash's point of view (both with Latias in Bianca's image). The first is Latias swinging with Ash on the swing (and the way he fell out of the swing when Latias transformed to her true image was so funny, in that that's the way a lot of guys would react if a pretty girl was shown to be a pokemon like that), and the 2nd one was where Latias was crying on Ash's shoulders. Those types of shippy liberties are ones the writers don't get to have normally, and so this movie allowed them to have some fun with that.

And I didn't even touch on the theme of death. Latios actually dies, which is the first real show of that (the anime has flirted with it at times in the past few movies). It's amazingly touching how it happens, and there's good foreshadowing leading up to it. The death also makes Latias's goodbye kiss and her delievery of Bianca's painting that much more impactful, giving it more meaning than just a romantic one. That's the thing I think any movie strives to show, that some special memory has been created by what's occurred in the movie, and it really felt like one had been created for Ash and Latias.

Last edited:

halloweenghost

Saw this movie for the first time today. Never got to see it bcause of the crappy promoting they did so i had no idea it was even in theaters. the DVD came and went quick before i got to pick it up and they almost never show this one on TV.

walmart has the fourth and fifth movie in a DVD two pack. so i bought it to finally see it.

Was not a bad movie,.. was not the best but not the worst.

Sad thing about Latios.. but at the end.. it shows latias with two latios.. I;m confused about that one.. was latias found another latios or something.. or where they the spirits of latios and their father?

I take it there was no soundtrack i LOVED the movie versions of "you and me and pokemon" and "My best friends" Never knew they existed..

Not sure why the confusion it was obviously latias who kissed ash in th end, as latias really liked Ash from the beggining trying to help him win the race, always goijg to him when she was upset, playing with ash and such. Bianca didn't show much of anything to ash.

and I thoguht misty was gonna have a bigger role in this being as she won the race.. but seems the race did not have much to do with the plot.

I don't know why everyone says Annie and Oakley where members of Team Rocket.. this was not stated anywhere that i saw... They said they were spies working for giovanni,.. they could have been hired spies kinda like how Hunter J was hired by Team Galatic later on.

and one more thing Larenzo and his eyes! WOW That was one weird lookin dude!!

Last edited:
I remember the first time I saw this movie, 7 years ago, a friend of mine borrowed me the movie. I liked it, until Latios' death, which made me cry for hours (my sister still bullies me about that)... Then I said I never wanted to see that movie again... However, two years later, I bought the movie on DVD after getting money from my grandparents for my 12th birthday, because I remembered that I liked the movie, until Latios's death, which was my reason to buy it. Now I like it, it's one of my favourite Pokemon movies, and one of my favourite movies overall (most of my favourite movies are Pokemon movies).

About the kiss: Latias kissed Ash, and not Bianca. Latias/Bianca dind't wear her white hat, and she didn't talk (Bianca would've spoken). And Latias tries to help Ash multiple times during the movie.

It was great to see Brock and Misty being jealous, altough that dind't cheer me up after Latios' death.

Last edited:

Remmie

About the kiss: Latias kissed Ash, and not Bianca. Latias/Bianca dind't wear her white hat, and she didn't talk (Bianca would've spoken). And Latias tries to help Ash multiple times during the movie.

But Bianca's hat was on her chair, so it could be Bianca too.

@Kariris, Bianca does not always have to wear that hat. Believe me, it was Latias. If it would be Bianca, why dind't she talk?

@Halloweenghost, I agree with you about the kiss, Bianca doesn't have a reason to kiss Ash, but Latias does.

About Latios' death: this was the first time someone died in the anime. In the first movie, Ash died but came back to life, so that doesn't really count. I think the writers of the movie shouldn't have made Latios die.

If I have to rate this movie, I'd say 9/10, it would be 10/10 if Latios would not have died...

Last edited:

MegSuicune251

Pokemon's #1 Fan
This is definitely my fave pokemon movie ever! It reminds me of Super Mario Sunshine for some reason (OH THE NOSTALGIA!!!) and dont even get me started on Latios and Latias.