• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Heroes - Latios & Latias! (M05)

Heracross

Custom User Title
I love this movie. It's my favorite out of all the Pokémon movies and one of my favorites of any movie. It's such a shame stupid 4Kids had to cut the introduction. Why 4Kids? Why!? Anyway, there are a number of reasons why I liked this one so much. I loved the setting, it was so exotic and romantic and I just loved the feel it gave the movie. Music! ^_^ I love all the music from the show and the movies, but this has by far the best soundtrack of any of them. I loved the music when Ash was chasing Latias, it was so awesome I could listen to it forever, and "The Secret Garden" is great too. And I agree that in this case, the music they used in the dub for the ending worked very well, they picked good songs for it. The plot was also very good, I liked all the characters and how they fell into the story. And I love Bianca, she is so cute it kills me.:D *obsesses* -Ahem, anyway, I just can't express how much I love this movie, it is too great for words.

20/10 =P

EDIT:
AscendingLatios said:
I bought the soundtrack several weeks ago

Where did you find that? I looked everywhere, but I couldn't find the soundtrack. I was beginning to think they didn't have one.-_-

Last edited:
K

Kioko-san

I loved Pokemon Heroes! My favorite so far, though I haven't seen Jirachi Wishmaker yet. It was great, for some reason it just seemed to seperate it's self from the other movies. The storyline was intersting as were the two Team Rocket agents..can't remember their names though...overall, I liked it a lot. The setting was beautiful, too! I wish I could live in a town like that. Overall, I give the movie a 8/10.

H

Houndoom

This is my favourite Pokemon movie yet. It is just fantastic in every way. The location, scenery, storyline, music and the animation. Everything. And like what other people have said, it dosen't have Team Rocket in the ending. The music "You and Me and Pokemon" in the ending was just great. I was touched so much by this movie. 10/10. Great job.

AscendingLatios

Volcano Trainer
Soundtrack

Heracross said:
Where did you find that? I looked everywhere, but I couldn't find the soundtrack. I was beginning to think they didn't have one.-_-

I bought it from Toysnjoys, specifically http://www.toysnjoys.com/pokemusic.html

It's the last entry on the page, "2002 Pokémon Music Collection"

Also, I just discovered the music is also available for download from www.pokemon-music.net, but they don't have it arranged quite the way it is on the CD. (It seems to be arranged for the dub, not the original movie.)

Oops, and Houndoom got it right - the title of the dub song I like that plays over the end credits is "You & Me & Pokemon", not "One World". :rolleyes: :)

Ryusuke Hikari

Rurouni Kenshin
Now, we're getting somewhere! Great storyline, landscape, music, and it's sort of dramatic. The ending was emotional.

10 out of 10

Yellow

Banned
I like Latias and Latios, but I didn't really like the storyline. It got kinda boring after the first 30 minutes and it was a really short movie. The only part I really liked was when they had that Altomare Water Chariot race.

~*Aurora Wish*~

I QUIT THIS FORUM!!!
This wasn't too bad for a movie. Annie and Oakley are good for villains. They're the first female villains. My favorite song was "Stop the Water". And Altomare is a pretty place (which came from Venice). Latios and Latias were also cute pokemon.

Heracross

Custom User Title
Okay, I just recently saw the Japanese version of this movie, and I must say that it was definately better. The intro was pretty neat and the film makes more sense with it. I had to have someone explain a few things in the actual movie since I know virtually no Japanese, and everything just fits better in the original version. I'll never know why 4Kids fealt like it was their job to change stuff around, but they pretty much messed up the whole movie by doing so. Also, although I thought the music they chose to use at the end of the dub version fits pretty well (yeah I know, 4Kids chose music well :eek:) the original was better. It was a pretty catchy song, and I liked it a lot.

Chris

Old Coot
Gee, wonder who helped out with the explanation of the movie to ya and such. XP

G

GameFreak37

I liked this movie too but there wasn't as much battling and less action my favorite is still JirachI: Wishmaker, but I loved this movie as much as i loved all the others

Chris

Old Coot
One of my favorite aspects about this movie was the music. Oh, and nothing like watching a giant Kabutops and Aerodactyl rampaging across the ol' Aqua Capitol.

T

Trendy_boy87

isnt the opening song from the first series as ive seen the japanese start and it was the same opening they started with

R

Ryuu

Edward Elric said:
Oh, and nothing like watching a giant Kabutops and Aerodactyl rampaging across the ol' Aqua Capitol.

Agreed. :D

The movie was great, but it wasn't my favourite. It was good, Latios's sacrifice in the end was touching as well but I for some reason wasn't completely satisfied.

Of course, the mystery remains : who kissed Ash at the end? I'm damn sure it was Latias, because Bianca has no reason whatsoever to do so. But Latias took a liking to Ash and hence kissed him goodbye.

Chris

Old Coot
Trendy_boy87 said:
isnt the opening song from the first series as ive seen the japanese start and it was the same opening they started with
It was a different version of Mezase Pokémon Master. It was Mezase Pokémon Master 2002. There's tons of remakes for the first opening. And quite frankly, it fit alot better than "Master Quest" did.

AscendingLatios

Volcano Trainer
The DMA and the original legend

OK, so we know in the dub legend of Altomare the people of the city built the Defense Mechanism of Altomare (DMA) to prevent evil from taking control of the city again. But what about the original Japanese version of the legend? The plot summary doesn't really give a reason for the creation of the DMA, other than to control the city. However, it seems kind of sick and twisted to build a machine that works by sucking the life out of a Pokemon, and worse, one that helped saved the city in the past! (Maybe Neocons are in control of the city council? :eek: ;))

So, when was the DMA built, and what was it built for?

Murgatroyd

Dull Manga Avatar
A lot more is left implied in the original. The device (which was never named) was built long ago to help defend the city in time of need. It is fairly clear that its purpose is to harness the power of the Latis in ways they themselves cannot. When used wisely, it should be able to ward off whatever the threat is without harm to the Lati@s powering it.

P

Perfect Darkness

Aurora Wish said:
Annie and Oakley are good for villains. They're the first female villains.
Annie and Oakley were not the first female villians. Jessy from the Jesse and james duo and Cassidy from the Butch and Cassidy duo.

It was a good movie, but very touching in the end. It was sad, but a good sad. I loved where Ash got confused because Latias kept being the girl.

A

adolf_hitler

i love the way how latios and latias uses Luster Purge at the last part.But by the way,I thought latias can't use that. -.^.